Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2021 -Ravens Edge Rushers

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i'm okay with keeping Yannick for the right price. his play last year hurt his price with any team, so he's got the potential to give us value if he bounces back. didn't follow him at all before the trade though, maybe somebody comparing film before and after can explain how he fell off. i was thinking it was just mid-season switch to what has typically been a complicated position on this D.
    absolutely just watch the games. He was disruptive

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Pro day today.
    Finally going to get some *official* height/weight numbers

Ronnie Perkins interview from proday
    *4.71* 40 time
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Pro day today.
    Finally going to get some *official* height/weight numbers
    Thanks a lot. I just heard he had a good pro day and came on to look into him some more. I don’t really know anything now honestly. Appreciate the post.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post
    Thanks a lot. I just heard he had a good pro day and came on to look into him some more. I don’t really know anything now honestly. Appreciate the post.
    His highlight reel is posted a few posts back.
    I really like his bend around the corner.
    I haven’t seen official height/weight I’ve seen him listed at 6’3-247.
    And projected anywhere from late round 1 to round 3

I would much rather hit edge in draft then spend the coin on Judon or Yannick

Blog Entries

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MidtownP View Post
    It's Mike Brown and the Bengals that's why. He is the Angelos of the NFL.
    Yes and no. Brown wasted a franchise tag on AJ Green last year. He paid Atkins. He paid Dunlop and ate the money to release him. Since the whole Carson Palmer mess the Bengals have been spending normal money for an NFL team.

Now where I do agree with you about Mike Brown is in terms of scouting. The Bengals have the smallest front office staff in the NFL and includes on the pro personnel side. Lawson is a very smart guy. He said yesterday he understood not tagging him because the Bengals have lots of holes to address and he'd love to be part of the fixes. He also said that even though the Bengals are the frontrunners to sign him he's still going to listen to other offers.

Lawson is a stud on the right team. I wouldn't think we could afford him but I'd certainly look into it since the Bengals didn't tag him or get a deal done.

Question... Ferguson's snaps were down 40% this year (perhaps because of Ngakuoe and Bowser's improved play). Does anyone see an upside with him. I know we can develop defenders better than wide receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Question... Ferguson's snaps were down 40% this year (perhaps because of Ngakuoe and Bowser's improved play). Does anyone see an upside with him. I know we can develop defenders better than wide receivers.
    I’m not counting on him at all. He’s a non factor until proven otherwise

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    At Louisiana Tech Ferguson had 45 sacks in 50 games, so he was pretty much a sack-master (plus 7 FFs and 3 FRs). I liked the draft choice and am willing to give him another year, his 3rd as a Raven... Bc

Blog Entries

~ Haason Reddick
    ~ Trey Hendrickson
    ~ Tyus Bowser
    ~ Aldon Smith
    ~ Tarell Basham
    ~ Melvin Ingram
    ~ Solomon Thomas (IDL)
    ~ Quinton Jefferson (IDL)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    ~ Haason Reddick
    ~ Trey Hendrickson
    ~ Tyus Bowser
    ~ Aldon Smith
    ~ Tarell Basham
    ~ Melvin Ingram
    ~ Solomon Thomas (IDL)
    ~ Quinton Jefferson (IDL)
    Hendrickson signed with the Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    absolutely just watch the games. He was disruptive
    I thought so too. He was getting pressures, just coulndn't quite get there.

His major problem here was he sucked against the run and essentially was turned into a situational player with the way we play defense. Just wasn't a fit for his price.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.