Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2021 -Ravens Edge Rushers

I don’t know what Carl Lawson is going to get but someone in another thread said Spotrac only has him at sub 9m, and if it’s anywhere near that the Ravens would be foolish to not scoop him up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Haven't heard his name mentioned yet^^
    From Senior Bowl

Hubert said he ran the three-cone drill in 7 seconds, which was a major goal for him coming into the day. He wanted to prove to NFL scouts that he can move fast enough laterally to play either defensive end or outside linebacker at the next level.
    Last edited by edromeo; 03-11-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I don’t know what Carl Lawson is going to get but someone in another thread said Spotrac only has him at sub 9m, and if it’s anywhere near that the Ravens would be foolish to not scoop him up.
    Why wouldn't the Bengals just keep him for that price? They're top 5 in cap space and it's not like they don't need pass rushers. It's strange to let a player with 32 QB hits test the market when you have $40+ million in space

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why wouldn't the Bengals just keep him for that price? They're top 5 in cap space and it's not like they don't need pass rushers. It's strange to let a player with 32 QB hits test the market when you have $40+ million in space
    It's Mike Brown and the Bengals that's why. He is the Angelos of the NFL.

This is a question, not an opinion. ( A whole series of questions really.) Do the Ravens need a Sam Linebacker with good coverage skills for next season?

I've been thinking about what happens if Bowser signs somewhere else. Would that mean the Ravens almost have to spend most of their cap on Judon?

I know they need at least one to run the current system but Wink has shown he can adapt. Maybe the current system was Wink adapting to the personnel rather than his plan A.

Did we get spoiled by Judon and Bowser's good coverage skills into thinking it's a necessity? Was it because of those players weaker pass rushing ability that meant they needed to go down the deceptive blitzing route in the first place? Would the Ravens be better off getting the most talented OLBs they can get rather than chasing coverage versatility?

i'm okay with keeping Yannick for the right price. his play last year hurt his price with any team, so he's got the potential to give us value if he bounces back. didn't follow him at all before the trade though, maybe somebody comparing film before and after can explain how he fell off. i was thinking it was just mid-season switch to what has typically been a complicated position on this D.

7. Re: 2021 -Ravens Edge Rushers

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    This is a question, not an opinion. ( A whole series of questions really.) Do the Ravens need a Sam Linebacker with good coverage skills for next season?

I've been thinking about what happens if Bowser signs somewhere else. Would that mean the Ravens almost have to spend most of their cap on Judon?

I know they need at least one to run the current system but Wink has shown he can adapt. Maybe the current system was Wink adapting to the personnel rather than his plan A.

Did we get spoiled by Judon and Bowser's good coverage skills into thinking it's a necessity? Was it because of those players weaker pass rushing ability that meant they needed to go down the deceptive blitzing route in the first place? Would the Ravens be better off getting the most talented OLBs they can get rather than chasing coverage versatility?
    I think they still covet the coverage skillset at Sam just based off of who they've interviewed (Zaven Collins). I think Collins would fit perfectly in that role. Initially I didn't see Collins as a fit with those two guys on the roster, but if we bring neither back, I could see Collins shining in that role. The only problem is, I doubt he makes it to 27.

Honestly, I don't blame them if they seek players with that kind of flexibility. QBs are too good to just line guys up and say go get him. You have to force some of these QBs to make that extra read (that hopefully they don't have time to make) and that's what guys with this type of flexibility allow coordinators to do. Like you, I honestly think Bowser might be more difficult to retain than some suggest. There are personnel/staff on other teams (Jags and Jets come to mind) that are familiar with him and they have more money than we do and they need a guy at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i'm okay with keeping Yannick for the right price. his play last year hurt his price with any team, so he's got the potential to give us value if he bounces back. didn't follow him at all before the trade though, maybe somebody comparing film before and after can explain how he fell off. i was thinking it was just mid-season switch to what has typically been a complicated position on this D.
    On Filmstudy's podcast they talked about the OLB and said Yannick not putting up the sack numbers was misleading, and he played fairly well for us when you look a little deeper past raw stats.

whats yannicks projected salary?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    whats yannicks projected salary?
    Spotrac has his estimated Market Value at 15.5 mil AAV on a 4 year deal.

Blog Entries

https://saturdaytradition.com/penn-s...rd-dash-times/

Matt Miller
    @nfldraftscout
    Got the following #’s from well regarded speed coach Ryan Capretta of @proactivesp. Jayson Oweh: 4.34 hand/ 4.38 laser —> Jaycee Horn: 4.39 hand/ 4.42 laser. —> Micah Parsons: 4.41 hand/ 4.44 laser. Capretta correctly timed Isaiah Simmons last year at 4.38 laser b4 the combine.
    3:50 PM · Mar 8, 2021
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Pro day today.
    Finally going to get some *official* height/weight numbers