Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2021 Draft TE Prospect Preview?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    If the Ravens dont draft Tommy Tremble, Id be mildly surprised.
    perfect fit

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

JACOB BREELAND:2020 Draft Guide

RECEIVING GRADE-87.6
    YARDS/ROUTE RUN-2.79
    DROP RATE-7.1%
    CONTESTED CATCH-33%
    RUN-BLOCK GRADE-45.3

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    JACOB BREELAND:2020 Draft Guide

RECEIVING GRADE-87.6
    YARDS/ROUTE RUN-2.79
    DROP RATE-7.1%
    CONTESTED CATCH-33%
    RUN-BLOCK GRADE-45.3

Breeland was my #2 favorite TE prospect from last years draft. I wanted the Ravens to get him only behind Harrison Bryant who the Clowns unfortunately drafted.

I think Breeland if healthy will contribute this season.

4. Re: 2021 Draft TE Prospect Preview?

I tend to like most prospects in general. Depending on the draft round some of the TEs bring different strengths and weaknesses.

Freiemuth looks like a legit high end "all-around"TE prospect, checks all the boxes.
    Pitts looks like a high end "receiving" TE prospect.
    Only have a general impression from watching them briefly and reading up on them.
    There isn't as big of youtube library of game cut-ups as years past.

I like Hunter Long as mid-round all-around TE.
    Brevin Jordan from the U as mid round (?) move TE prospect, his measurables at the pro-day should be interesting.
    Tommy Tremble athletic, versatile
    "Sleeper"? Kenny Yeboah toolsy late round prospect.
    Tony Poljon as late round blocking TE guy.
    Tony Poljan was the Michigan Gatorate player of the year in High School as a QB. Went to Central Michigan, was QB and TE. 6'7 265. Ran pretty often as a QB, short yardage power running. Went to Virginia, was 100% TE there. Did have 6 TDs last year. The Ravens seem to be lacking Big Red Zone Threat, in addition to Mark Andrews. 6'7 is a good height.

You have size for blocking (but I'd assume that he's probably raw as a blocker) and size for big red zone threat. Positional versatility, QB, ability to do short yardage rushing. I don't really think that the Ravens really need more pass catchers to move the ball downfield. They move the ball downfield well already doing what they do. They do need another big guy to catch short TD passes though.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Tony Poljan was the Michigan Gatorate player of the year in High School as a QB. Went to Central Michigan, was QB and TE. 6'7 265. Ran pretty often as a QB, short yardage power running. Went to Virginia, was 100% TE there. Did have 6 TDs last year. The Ravens seem to be lacking Big Red Zone Threat, in addition to Mark Andrews. 6'7 is a good height.

You have size for blocking (but I'd assume that he's probably raw as a blocker) and size for big red zone threat. Positional versatility, QB, ability to do short yardage rushing. I don't really think that the Ravens really need more pass catchers to move the ball downfield. They move the ball downfield well already doing what they do. They do need another big guy to catch short TD passes though.

Scouting report: "This guy was once the backup QB in his pee wee football league and completed 1 pass for 2 yards in his career at age 7"

John Reglarperson: "He offers positional versatility and can be a backup QB if we need one and that's how our whole roster should be built. I'm Terrelle Pryor and I approve this message"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post

Here's another vid, its a Poljan game cut-up:

Here are some of Poljan PFF numbers:
    RECEIVING GRADE-69.6
    YARDS/ROUTE RUN-1.43
    DROP RATE-9.5%
    CONTESTED CATCH-14%
    RUN-BLOCK GRADE-69.4
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

I like Quentin Morris from Bowling Green as a mid-round/late-round receiving TE. He’s 6’4” 235-240lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Here's another vid, its a Poljan game cut-up:

Here are some of Poljan PFF numbers:
    RECEIVING GRADE-69.6
    YARDS/ROUTE RUN-1.43
    DROP RATE-9.5%
    CONTESTED CATCH-14%
    RUN-BLOCK GRADE-69.4
    Watching some cut-ups today..
    Poljan is neither quick nor fast but...he's got some sneaky athleticism

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Quentin Morris from Bowling Green as a mid-round/late-round receiving TE. He’s 6’4” 235-240lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tremble is 6'3" 224

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

10. Re: 2021 Draft TE Prospect Preview?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    perfect fit
    Certainly a perfect fit IMO. Watched two games this weekend. This guy has Ravens offense written all over him. Loves to block and hit people and is good at it. He's athletic, was rarely used in the passing game. From what I saw, it's something he'll need to work on as he doesn't seem to understand where he needs to cut off routes and that sort of thing. Sometimes for instance, he'd take the post right in to the single high safety. At other times he was just too close in the vicinity of his WR teammates. So I think he'll need to be taught that stuff but his blocking is play like a Raven all day.

Blog Entries

tremble is 6'3" 224...
    PFF and nfl.com both list him 6'4 - 248

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Certainly a perfect fit IMO. Watched two games this weekend. This guy has Ravens offense written all over him. Loves to block and hit people and is good at it. He's athletic, was rarely used in the passing game. From what I saw, it's something he'll need to work on as he doesn't seem to understand where he needs to cut off routes and that sort of thing. Sometimes for instance, he'd take the post right in to the single high safety. At other times he was just too close in the vicinity of his WR teammates. So I think he'll need to be taught that stuff but his blocking is play like a Raven all day.
    Yeah, LukeDaniel mentioned him earlier....i made a brief mention of him
    Undersized (looking) blocking TE but his size doesn't stop him from being a great blocker
    Already comes in w/ blocking skills that fit directly into this offense:

Really fluid movement, looks fast coming off the line....but very little production
    Does scream Raven.....i kinda see him as plus level version of Ricard's FB/TE role but would be developmental in terms of the receiving side of the game
    Last edited by edromeo; 03-08-2021 at 03:13 PM.

tremble is 6'3" 224

I’ve been really hoping for Freiermuth somehow, with Hunter Long and Brevin Jordan as backups, but Tremble looks perfect for what we need. A third TE that can black and can also be a nice target if needed. What are the knocks against him? I’m thinking him in the 3rd (4th maybe or am I stretching it) would be a nice idea at to fill a hole without using the first 2 rounds.