Page 4 of 324 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Here’s a blurb from the Trib today regarding some insight to Hilton. Personally I hope they find a way to keep him. Despite missing some games due to injury I watched him play a solid season. I think he’s a bit underrated. Good slot corners are tough to come by.

“That said, ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler slots the Steelers as the most likely free agency destination for Cincinnati cornerback William Jackson III. Head coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Kevin Colbert reportedly wanted to draft Jackson back in 2017, but Cincy scooped him up first. The Steelers wound up with the since-deposed Artie Burns instead.

It’s Fowler’s theory that the Steelers might want Jackson since Joe Haden and Steven Nelson are free agents after 2021.

That’s fair. But I’d imagine whatever cap dollars the team may have left would go toward keeping either Cameron Sutton or Mike Hilton at potentially cheaper rates. Or even making sure they can retain Nelson and Haden for 2021 in the first place. Haden’s cap number is $15.5 million, and Nelson is at $14.4 million.”
    I always thought Hilton was grossly underrated as a player. He's a very good corner.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The Redskins signed QB Taylor Heinecke to a 2-year deal worth up to $8.75 Million.

Not a bad return for a guy that played 1 game for them and was taking college classes a few weeks ago.

Blog Entries

Ravens re-signed TE Eric Tomlinson.

Blog Entries

Chiefs re-signed CB DeAndre Baker.

Blog Entries

Raiders getting some interest from other teams looking at Marcus Mariota.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ravens re-signed TE Eric Tomlinson.
    I see them drafting a guy anyway but this is a good sign. He and Boyle are some damn good blockers

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Raiders getting some interest from other teams looking at Marcus Mariota.
    Interesting. I wonder who. Gotta be a QB-needy team that is not drafting towards the top of the draft. Washington, Chicago, and maybe New Orleans are the only ones that fit the bill.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I'm not sure if a QB in return is part of any deal for the Eagles, so the talk of Foles going back may be false. They might not get 2 1st out of the Colts unless Reich can persuade Irsay. Might cost him his job if he can't fix Wentz.

Raiders are always the team listed for everything. Get tiresome hearing it. Pats won't take on the contract.
    Patriots nixed it yesterday

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ryan's pants look like they are holding the entire bottle of cornstarch Brady makes him dump down them each half of every game . This is a real thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Here’s a blurb from the Trib today regarding some insight to Hilton. Personally I hope they find a way to keep him. Despite missing some games due to injury I watched him play a solid season. I think he’s a bit underrated. Good slot corners are tough to come by.

“That said, ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler slots the Steelers as the most likely free agency destination for Cincinnati cornerback William Jackson III. Head coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Kevin Colbert reportedly wanted to draft Jackson back in 2017, but Cincy scooped him up first. The Steelers wound up with the since-deposed Artie Burns instead.

It’s Fowler’s theory that the Steelers might want Jackson since Joe Haden and Steven Nelson are free agents after 2021.

That’s fair. But I’d imagine whatever cap dollars the team may have left would go toward keeping either Cameron Sutton or Mike Hilton at potentially cheaper rates. Or even making sure they can retain Nelson and Haden for 2021 in the first place. Haden’s cap number is $15.5 million, and Nelson is at $14.4 million.”
    What do you think they will do at QB this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Ryan's pants look like they are holding the entire bottle of cornstarch Brady makes him dump down them each half of every game . This is a real thing.
    Is it really real? Is it a sweat absorbing thing?

It always looks nasty when QBs have their hand's right up at a fat center's sweaty ass, I suppose, when you're Tom Brady, you can demand they do something ridiculous to combat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    What? Where did this info come from?