Page 3 of 324 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Always liked Marty. Old school all day. Took me awhile to understand what he meant by “there’s a gleam men”. But he was right.

Led a full life.
    RIP
    Martyball. Will never forget that San Diego fired him after a league best 14-2 season

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Legendary NFL coach Marty Schottenheimer, (77), peacefully passed away with family at hisside on Monday, February 8, 2021 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Schottenheimer had beenbattling Alzheimer’s since 2014.
    I knew this was coming when I saw him moved to hospice but it's still tough to read. Marty was intense. I loved how he approached the Redskins job and wished the dumbass Snyder had committed to what he hired Marty to do.

Marty Schottenheimer would take crap organizations and turn them into winners. No he didn't win the Super Bowl but he got these guys close and these were bottom feeder teams. The Browns were 3 or 4th place in the division every year. The Chiefs had been bad since Hank Stram retired. The Chargers had cheap ass ownership. And the Snyders we all know about.

Marty was really good and will always be remembered as a real turnout expert. RIP Coach

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Rest in Peace coach Schottenheimer "The Drive" and "The Fumble" will not diminish your legacy. You, as Frank Sinatra sang, did it your way. Coaches/Men like you will be missed... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I knew this was coming when I saw him moved to hospice but it's still tough to read. Marty was intense. I loved how he approached the Redskins job and wished the dumbass Snyder had committed to what he hired Marty to do.

Marty Schottenheimer would take crap organizations and turn them into winners. No he didn't win the Super Bowl but he got these guys close and these were bottom feeder teams. The Browns were 3 or 4th place in the division every year. The Chiefs had been bad since Hank Stram retired. The Chargers had cheap ass ownership. And the Snyders we all know about.

Marty was really good and will always be remembered as a real turnout expert. RIP Coach
    Washington Post actually insulted Marty with their headline about his death. I won't post it here but sad they can't show a little class to the deceased

Blog Entries

They've already updated their headline and rightly so. Still had to take a shot about no SB

Washington Post actually insulted Marty with their headline about his death. I won't post it here but sad they can't show a little class to the deceased
    "Marty Schottenheimer,one of the NFL's winningest coaches,dies at 77"

That's the one I see.... What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    "Marty Schottenheimer,one of the NFL's winningest coaches,dies at 77"

That's the one I see.... What's wrong with that?
    Yeah, they changed it. The original was... I mean, who the hell is running the WaPo these days?

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/was...r-01ey3p5wg2ry
    "Chin up, chest out."

Martyball. Will never forget that San Diego fired him after a league best 14-2 season
    Wait, what? I forgot about that

Blog Entries

Steelers unlikely to resign cornerback Mike Hilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

One of the really great coaches. Criminally underrated by most fans. A sad day.

Blog Entries

The off-season. Where I watch all of the WRs I want go to other teams and half the board gets sticker shock for every player signed day one and two of Free Agency.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Steelers unlikely to resign cornerback Mike Hilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here’s a blurb from the Trib today regarding some insight to Hilton. Personally I hope they find a way to keep him. Despite missing some games due to injury I watched him play a solid season. I think he’s a bit underrated. Good slot corners are tough to come by.

“That said, ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler slots the Steelers as the most likely free agency destination for Cincinnati cornerback William Jackson III. Head coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Kevin Colbert reportedly wanted to draft Jackson back in 2017, but Cincy scooped him up first. The Steelers wound up with the since-deposed Artie Burns instead.

It’s Fowler’s theory that the Steelers might want Jackson since Joe Haden and Steven Nelson are free agents after 2021.

That’s fair. But I’d imagine whatever cap dollars the team may have left would go toward keeping either Cameron Sutton or Mike Hilton at potentially cheaper rates. Or even making sure they can retain Nelson and Haden for 2021 in the first place. Haden’s cap number is $15.5 million, and Nelson is at $14.4 million.”