Page 25 of 324 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The "corey davis drops stuff" narrative is hilarious considering he is like top 10 in PFF in drops (as in he doesn't actually drop much).
    It’s not a narrative. We’re telling you we’ve watched games where he’s had multiple drops. Drop ‘stats’ have never been reliable. They would have the Ravens down for amounts of drops when we’d all see with our own eyes that they had way more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It’s not a narrative. We’re telling you we’ve watched games where he’s had multiple drops. Drop ‘stats’ have never been reliable. They would have the Ravens down for amounts of drops when we’d all see with our own eyes that they had way more.
    How many Titans games do you watch? I have only seen the guy play 2-3 times and I do not recall many drops.

There is so much nonsensical data out there for the NFL I cannot imagine they are all wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    How many Titans games do you watch? I have only seen the guy play 2-3 times and I do not recall many drops.

There is so much nonsensical data out there for the NFL I cannot imagine they are all wrong.
    Drop stats have never been accurate. Drops are an issue for Davis and that’s part of why Brown has supplanted him.

If he drops balls so much it shouldn't be so hard to find some examples on the internet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Drop stats have never been accurate. Drops are an issue for Davis and that’s part of why Brown has supplanted him.
    Pat Kirwin on SirusXM NFL was saying exactly the same thing about drop stats that you are. He said there needs to be context too. The example he brought up was the Steelers who passed the ball 656 times. If the team had 30 drops and the Titans who threw the ball 485 time had 25 drops guess is worse. It's the Titans with less drops because of the context.

He also mentioned the subjective nature of a drop. There is no way around that. Even 2 analysts who know football might have different ideas of what was a drop and what wasn't catchable without great effort. Even comparing players is tough. A drop for Odell Beckham might be a different standard than a drop for Nick Boyle. Everyone expects Beckham to make the circus catch because he's done it so many times. They sure don't expect that from Boyle.

The only way to judge is with your eyes. AJ Brown has significantly better hands than Corey Davis. It's the reason why he's they one they're keeping and Davis is not getting his 5th year option picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Pat Kirwin on SirusXM NFL was saying exactly the same thing about drop stats that you are. He said there needs to be context too. The example he brought up was the Steelers who passed the ball 656 times. If the team had 30 drops and the Titans who threw the ball 485 time had 25 drops guess is worse. It's the Titans with less drops because of the context.

He also mentioned the subjective nature of a drop. There is no way around that. Even 2 analysts who know football might have different ideas of what was a drop and what wasn't catchable without great effort. Even comparing players is tough. A drop for Odell Beckham might be a different standard than a drop for Nick Boyle. Everyone expects Beckham to make the circus catch because he's done it so many times. They sure don't expect that from Boyle.

The only way to judge is with your eyes. AJ Brown has significantly better hands than Corey Davis. It's the reason why he's they one they're keeping and Davis is not getting his 5th year option picked up.
    Well yeah, I don't think anyone is disputing that AJ Brown is better than Corey Davis. The point is are multiple reliable, professional people all looking at the same games and all think Davis isn't particularly bad with drops. I'm not particularly concerned over whether he might deserve one or two more drops credited to him in one particular game or whether one site has him with 6 and another has 4. And I'm gonna go with that over some guy on a message board vaguely say "well one time I was watching the Titans and he dropped some balls," especially when it's Ex who has been known to make up BS to fit whatever story he wants to tell.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 02-24-2021 at 10:03 PM.

If the top WR's get tagged, Davis is going to see big money thrown his way.

8. Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

Sword doesn't need to watch the games to tell you exactly what happened

Blog Entries

I don't see them even getting Davis. I was listening to 105.7 on the way home yesterday and honestly agreed with something Vinny said, which was essentially no receiver with other options is going to come here. That whoever they sign is going to be a guy with no other options who is looking for a one year deal later in FA. Folks on this board have said the same thing and with the comments from Dez and Snead, I've come around to it. I think a lot of guys at a lot of positions would love to come and play here, I don't think WR is one of those positions. I guess if the Ravens were to massively overpay compared to their competition, that could change things, but probably not something they will or should do.

I'd absolutely love to be wrong.

I kind of think the AJ Green meme may become our reality.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Well yeah, I don't think anyone is disputing that AJ Brown is better than Corey Davis. The point is are multiple reliable, professional people all looking at the same games and all think Davis isn't particularly bad with drops. I'm not particularly concerned over whether he might deserve one or two more drops credited to him in one particular game or whether one site has him with 6 and another has 4. And I'm gonna go with that over some guy on a message board vaguely say "well one time I was watching the Titans and he dropped some balls," especially when it's Ex who has been known to make up BS to fit whatever story he wants to tell.
    Do a search for Corey Davis Drops and you get stuff like the article below. I don't think that Davis is horrible when it comes to drops but if you are going to be paying a WR in the $12-$15 million a year range it is something you have to consider

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...-drops-in-win/

He tied A.J. Brown for the team lead in targets, but Davis appeared to be fighting the ball all day and dropped at least three very catchable balls. As a result, the 25-year-old came up short of his first career 1,000-yard campaign after coming into the game needing only 55 more yards. Davis will try to regain his focus before next Sunday's wild-card round clash with the Ravens.

11. Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't see them even getting Davis. I was listening to 105.7 on the way home yesterday and honestly agreed with something Vinny said, which was essentially no receiver with other options is going to come here. That whoever they sign is going to be a guy with no other options who is looking for a one year deal later in FA. Folks on this board have said the same thing and with the comments from Dez and Snead, I've come around to it. I think a lot of guys at a lot of positions would love to come and play here, I don't think WR is one of those positions. I guess if the Ravens were to massively overpay compared to their competition, that could change things, but probably not something they will or should do.

I'd absolutely love to be wrong.

I kind of think the AJ Green meme may become our reality.
    So basically it’s going to be Mohamed Sanu or Laquon Treadwell, and 80% of this board is going to be placed on a suicide prevention watch....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    So basically it’s going to be Mohamed Sanu or Laquon Treadwell, and 80% of this board is going to be placed on a suicide prevention watch....
    At this point, I mean I don't think it'll be Treadwell lol but yeah, I do believe it's going to be some uninspiring veteran or #2/#3 type that they'll hope can be a viable secondary option to Hollywood and Andrews being the focal point of the pass offense. We know they aren't going to overpay to get someone to come here and guys that have other options with teams that are going to put the ball in their hands more will go elsewhere.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52