Page 186 of 324 FirstFirst ... 184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,232 of 3880

Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Tebow was arguably the best college player in a decade. He beat Pgh in a playoff game as a QB. Dude is one helluva athlete. That said, I don't expect he's gonna make the roster there. He's there to help Urban Meyer transition to the NFL - show guys how hard he works - and maybe.....run some wildcat or gadget plays from the TE position. I bet he's got great hands, and as a TE - he's not playing the most important position in the NFL (QB). So, it's a low risk proposition for Meyer, it's generating lots of buzz (when's the last time Jax generated buzz other than by drafting a QB). At best, he makes the roster and is TE3 for a year or 2. At worst, he's cut during camp but shows some young guys how to prepare like a pro. It's a non-story, but in the social media age, it's a big story b/c it draws controversy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Tebow ain’t making the roster, but he’ll sell some preseason tickets
    And jerseys. They're probably ramping up production now to sell them while they can. I did a doubletake when I saw someone wearing a Tim Tebow Mets jersey a couple of years ago. The Mets put him on the spring training roster and there were people buying his jerseys. This will be the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I would. He's 33, and has never played the position at college or the NFL. He's trying to start fresh at TE at an age where most good tight ends are retiring. This is the Matt Jones experiment if Jones was 10 years older, and way slower.
    Clearly you missed this dazzling performance at TE

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

Now yall just taking cheap shots. Tebow may not be able to play TE, but that pass was God awful and the route was covered anyway.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I would. He's 33, and has never played the position at college or the NFL. He's trying to start fresh at TE at an age where most good tight ends are retiring. This is the Matt Jones experiment if Jones was 10 years older, and way slower.
    Dude hadn't played competitive baseball since H.S. and didn't embarrass himself in the highest levels of minor league baseball. I give him a less than 50% chance and making the roster but would not be shocked if he did and was serviceable.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

All the Culkin brothers are crazy.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    (Kaep was arguably beginning to decline) and the distraction being too great to accept from a QB who wasn't.
    That is arguable.

As far as the decline and distraction scale goes, Kaep is probably like Ray Rice.

And Tebow is probably like Michael Jordan on the Durham Bulls.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Kaepernick...is out of the league.. because of his intangible/PR related issues.

Tebow ...'s back in the league...because of intangible/PR related issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don’t think we can all agree with either of those points.

I think we can all agree Kaep is out of the league because of his attitude and work ethic.
    I think we can all agree Tebow has a chance to be back in the league due to his attitude and work ethic.
    What you call "attitude and work ethic" is entirely embodied in my reference to "intangibles." So I don't know what you are disagreeing with.

However, that's hardly the full story here.

I think it would be naive to ignore the negative and positive PR aspects of both signings. "Attitude and work ethic" don't come close to entirely explaining why these two are in and out of the league.
    "That's what."
    — She

What you call "attitude and work ethic" is entirely embodied in my reference to "intangibles." So I don't know what you are disagreeing with.

I think it would be naive to ignore the negative and positive PR aspects of both signings. "Attitude and work ethic" don't come close to entirely explaining why these two are in and out of the league.
    I guess your definition of intangibles is quite broad.

Kaep has been intentionally sabotaging his own chances since he opted out of SF. If he wanted to be in the league he would have been, despite the PR circus. He clearly DID NOT want to play football for a living anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Tebow probably could’ve had a long career in the NFL as a TE had he not been stubborn about being a QB. He could’ve easily had a Taysom Hill type run for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Link didn't work for me.

I think it is talking shit for a guy to have lost several steps, had a major injury, get a shot, then say the offense didn't fit him after barely being in it? Naw, ain't buying it. Love and appreciation? Both can be true? That is called talking out of bot sides of your mouth.

Do we have a closer look at Tim Tebow thread coming on?
    From the eyes of Jesus POV

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

But he’s not lazy 😂