Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 178179180
Results 2,149 to 2,151 of 2151
    Blog Entries

Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Browns should be the favorites for the AFCN imo, it's pretty close but as a whole their roster looks a step above ours. Stefanski/Baker have a year under their belt together, they didn't lose any major pieces, they improved the defense a lot with JJ3, Newsome, JOK (Possibly Clowney if he stays healthy, at least the run defense).

I think the Ravens have the better odds at a deep playoff run but I get the feeling the Browns will have a very good regular season and the Ravens will have a few growing pains incorporating a ton of new starters on offense.
    this doesn’t give near enough credence to the fact that baker is bad and lamar is insanely good. so no

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    They had a great offseason and absolutely killed the draft. However, Baker to me anyways is still not a franchise QB. He's a qb like Goff who can excel in the perfect situation the problem is the perfect situation ceases to exist once the team is forced to pay him.

It sort of becomes a sophie choice of what to do either and most teams just take the safest route which is 9-10 wins eventhough they don't really believe in the guy.
    Goff is a very good comparison. 2 years ago the very old offensive line of the Rams began to fall apart. Goff without all that protection took a big step back. The Lions new GM came from the Rams. He's been upgrading the o-line for Goff this offseason for exactly the reason you describe.

I also see Baker as one of those players who can really succeed when he's got all the talent around him. Matt Ryan is probably the ultimate example of that. A great line, running game and receivers led to a MVP award. Baker seems to have all that in 2021. It will be very difficult for them to keep it after they pay Baker. This is really the year Browns should take that big step before the cap makes it a lot tougher
    Long Live The Bat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Goff is a very good comparison. 2 years ago the very old offensive line of the Rams began to fall apart. Goff without all that protection took a big step back. The Lions new GM came from the Rams. He's been upgrading the o-line for Goff this offseason for exactly the reason you describe.

I also see Baker as one of those players who can really succeed when he's got all the talent around him. Matt Ryan is probably the ultimate example of that. A great line, running game and receivers led to a MVP award. Baker seems to have all that in 2021. It will be very difficult for them to keep it after they pay Baker. This is really the year Browns should take that big step before the cap makes it a lot tougher
    Their defense is going to need to be top 5 to make up for Baker not being a great QB. The teams that win SBs with average to above average QBs need a great defense.