Page 185 of 324 FirstFirst ... 183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 2,209 to 2,220 of 3880
    Blog Entries

Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Would it be controversial to ask for an explanation of Tebow's appeal? I know that he's religious but so are lots of NFL players. What about his religiousness is different that makes that demographic like him so much?
    Not at all. And it's really simple. Incredibly simple.

Urban Meyer knows him.

That's it. That's the appeal.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Lol, nice.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    You see Dez talking shit. No wonder nobody wants him. We give him a chance and all he does is throw shade on us, now he is throwing shade on Tebow.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dez-bryant-...023522218.html
    What about DeShon Elliot? https://twitter.com/OfficialShon_4/s...75329162108931

I don't think it's talking shit...I think some players have legit questions about it, as do some of us fans. And like some of us fans, some players will voice their opinions about it. And I thought Dez showed plenty of love and appreciation for the Ravens giving him a shot. He also talked about how the offense and how he was used was not great for him. Both things can be true Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I think with Tebow and Kaep both there was a combination effect of the talent level not being high enough to view them as "the man to build around" going forward (Kaep was arguably beginning to decline) and the distraction being too great to accept from a QB who wasn't.

They both made for compelling stories and that also may have worked against them as potential backups.

Kaep signing with the Ravens in 2017 could have made sense.
    The difference with Kap and other "distraction" players is the idea of dividing the fanbase via politics (AKA losing money). No Jags fans are going to boycott the team for kicking the tires on Tebow even if they disagree with the signing. The Kap situation became so polarizing and overwhelmingly political in nature that it would divide the fanbase of any team that signed him. You probably have 40% of the fan base that would support the signing, 20% that are indifferent, and 40% that vehemently hate it.

So long story short, it's a money thing. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze on him to potentially have a chunk of your fanbase boycott the team. If it was only about talent he would've received additional opportunities.

Dividing your fanbase down political lines for a back-up QB just wasn't good business.

Tebow ain’t making the roster, but he’ll sell some preseason tickets

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Would it be controversial to ask for an explanation of Tebow's appeal? I know that he's religious but so are lots of NFL players. What about his religiousness is different that makes that demographic like him so much?
    I think the appeal is just that he was one of the greatest CFB players of all time and cemented himself as an icon. Tebow had a cult like following in college and many people wanted to see him succeed in the NFL despite being written off as not being good enough to be an NFL QB.

I think the appeal between Tebow and Manziel is very similar. Tebow being the light side (Humble, hard working, team first, religious/sober) and Manziel being the dark side (Cocky, lazy, me-first, party boy). But they both have the undeniable entertainment factor that people gravitated towards.

However, no chance that Tebow got another shot at the NFL without Urban Meyer, that's all personal connection pathing a path for him

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Tebow ain’t making the roster, but he’ll sell some preseason tickets
    I wouldn’t write him off. He will outwork everyone else looking for roster spots 50-53. He’d make a great personal protector, QB 3, H-back, TE3, locker room leader, etc. he may very well beat out an objectively more skilled TE for ancillary benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

😂 love the Tebow excuses

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    What about DeShon Elliot? https://twitter.com/OfficialShon_4/s...75329162108931

I don't think it's talking shit...I think some players have legit questions about it, as do some of us fans. And like some of us fans, some players will voice their opinions about it. And I thought Dez showed plenty of love and appreciation for the Ravens giving him a shot. He also talked about how the offense and how he was used was not great for him. Both things can be true Cap.
    Link didn't work for me.

I think it is talking shit for a guy to have lost several steps, had a major injury, get a shot, then say the offense didn't fit him after barely being in it? Naw, ain't buying it. Love and appreciation? Both can be true? That is called talking out of bot sides of your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    �� love the Tebow excuses
    Do we have a closer look at Tim Tebow thread coming on?

Blog Entries

That stadium will be FULL of gator jerseys

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I wouldn’t write him off. He will outwork everyone else looking for roster spots 50-53. He’d make a great personal protector, QB 3, H-back, TE3, locker room leader, etc. he may very well beat out an objectively more skilled TE for ancillary benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would. He's 33, and has never played the position at college or the NFL. He's trying to start fresh at TE at an age where most good tight ends are retiring. This is the Matt Jones experiment if Jones was 10 years older, and way slower.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    The fact that the Jags traded Josh Oliver (a 2019 3rd round TE) for virtually nothing to us but then turned around and signed Tebow to give TE shot is beyond embarrassing imo. There's no doubt who has the better chance of succeeding based on age and experience at the position.
    It's no wonder that in the last three years they're 12 - 36 (including 1 - 15 in 2020) they've been the door mats in the AFC South. This is only one small example. SMH... Bc