Page 188 of 324 FirstFirst ... 186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,245 to 2,256 of 3880

Re: Official 2021 Off-Season News/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    a 24 year old TE that has been on IR both years he's been in the league (and the new coaching staff has no ties)
    OR a guy that the fanbase worships that can sell tix and merchandise and will be a workout warrior? (and he won a national title for the coach)
    I'm talking about from a football perspective, Tebow will no doubt sells tix/jerseys

Bill Belichick couldn't do anything with him 8 YEARS AGO, that tells you all you need to know. That's a coach that has been able to use a LB as an offensive piece, Tebow is a complete non-factor even in a utility role based on NE not even putting him on their 53 in his athletic prime

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I'm talking about from a football perspective, Tebow will no doubt sells tix/jerseys

Bill Belichick couldn't do anything with him 8 YEARS AGO, that tells you all you need to know. That's a coach that has been able to use a LB as an offensive piece, Tebow is a complete non-factor even in a utility role based on NE not even putting him on their 53 in his athletic prime
    That’s because Brady was petrified of the QB competition and forced Belichek to ruin Tebow’s career and then cut him.

Blog Entries

Tebow is one of the players that doesn't fit neatly into a box and for whatever reason it became vogue not to like him.
    He had all the off-field choir boy image stuff which seemed to backlash against him.

I've always liked Tebow.
    Liked his leadership and toughness.
    I loved watching the way he interacts with his teammates.
    I liked his fire and drive.

Weirdly enough for as much as the media hails/hailed "wins" as a QB stat the media is weirdly mum on that when it comes to Tebow.
    He took over a team that was going no where and was objectively terrible before he took the helm.
    During that stint he had an objectively terrible comp% but he had 4 or 5 4th Q comebacks mainly on the strength of his rushing.
    11 starts - 1729 passing yards - 12 TDs - 6 INTs - 660 rushing yard - 6 TDs
    7-4 W/L + Playoff win

After that season he only threw 8 more passes in his NFL career.

So yeah, i get it that the guy has unfinished business in the league.
    And a long time ago in another life i used to coach...so i get why Meyer would give him a chance.
    I hope he's got something left in the tank.

I'm rooting for the kid.
    Always have, always will.
    Last edited by edromeo; 05-13-2021 at 04:45 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Tebow is one of the players that doesn't fit neatly into a box and for whatever reason it became vogue not to like him.
    He had all the off-field choir boy image stuff which seemed to backlash against him.

I've always liked Tebow.

Weirdly enough for as much as the media hails/hailed "wins" as a QB stat the media is weirdly mum on that when it comes to Tebow.
    He took over a team that was going no where and was objectively terrible before he took the helm.
    During that stint he had an objectively terrible comp% but he had 4 or 5 4th Q comebacks mainly on the strength of his rushing.
    7-4 W/L + Playoff win

And a long time ago in another life i used to coach...so i get why Meyer would give him a chance.

I'm rooting for the kid.
    These are my sentiments exactly. I remember watching many of those comebacks that year (at the very least highlights) and it was damn exciting football. We have to remember too that at the time Tebow was unwilling to change positions because he was devoted to being a QB (probably a mistake to have been so rigid on that) but now with the willingness to play TE he coule be successful. He has the work ethic, athletic ability, he stays in tremendous shape and doesn't have wear and tear. Of he can learn the position then Meyer will know how to use him. Now should he be their only option at TE? No but I think he can have a level of success and like you I hope he does. I'm excited to see him do this and hope he makes the 53.

Never understood the vitriol for him, he's a great guy

Shoot imagine Tebow in the backfield on goaline with Lawrence doing read option haha.

I've always liked Tebow.

7-4 W/L + Playoff win

I'm rooting for the kid.
    I’m with you on this as well, all of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One reason Tebow is polarizing is because his unorthodox style leads to debate as to whether it is sustainable. That debate leads people to dig in their heels. "It coulda worked IFFFFF..." then the debate ensues and then people try to win the debate or save face.

Tebow has been our of the league for like 10 years lol

LOL Baldy - I tried a few pages back...

Blog Entries

I've always liked Tebow.

7-4 W/L + Playoff win

I'm rooting for the kid.
    they soured on him because much like his completion percentage, he was fucking terrible at playing qb. This is nothing more than a PR stunt just as his baseball career was.