Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Blueprint to Beat the Chiefs - Your Thoughts...

I’m sure Rodgers will never win another SB or get to another SB in his career. I just don’t ever see it happening especially with Brady still in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Front 4. Never blitz, have a decent secondary and a competent offense. It is not rocket science.
    They blitzed a ton. Mahomes was 8-24 against the blitz.

No new information, must get home with 4 and score your fair share of points. But it's easier said than done, Bucs actually did it

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    With the Ravens hybrid 3-4 style of defense, they can get away with sending 5, but definitely no more than 5.

Also the ILBs have to cover better.
    This ^^^^^

Tampa LBs allowed the DBs to play deep. David and White were the real MVP. Kelcey went over 100 because that's what the were giving up. They kept everything in front of them and those LBs made plays to minimize the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I’m sure Rodgers will never win another SB or get to another SB in his career. I just don’t ever see it happening especially with Brady still in the league.
    I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Rodgers is better than Brady right now. He just needs your front office to go all in. Trade your 1st for an instant impact maker. Packers are WAYYY too conservative with roster building.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    They blitzed a ton. Mahomes was 8-24 against the blitz.
    Really? I thought the stat was they only officially blitzed 5 times

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Rodgers is better than Brady right now. He just needs your front office to go all in. Trade your 1st for an instant impact maker. Packers are WAYYY too conservative with roster building.
    There are about 10 other QB's in the league the Bucs could have won with tonight given the way the defense got to Mahomes. I give Brady credit for playing a good game, but the defense was the real MVP for the Bucs.

Remember the defense picked up Brady when he threw three interceptions in the second half against the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Dropped balls are weak excuses...
    Should we ignore the fact that their usually sure-handed receivers couldn't hold onto multiple passes? That's just an objectively true observation. I don't think it was anything the Bucs were doing. They were dropping passes. If it happens to be a weak excuse, it's one Ravens' fans have been making since Lee Evans.

I can think of 5 right of the top of my head without re watching it. They had the double corner blitz. They sent Devin white blitzing up the middle. They had both the LBs looping to the inside on a blitz. That's 4 just off of memory.

I don’t think this is a new blueprint. We have seen this in other Super Bowls.

Patriots vs giants . Undefeated moss and Brady with the historic offense... got destroyed by front 4.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Not even close. Brady is light years better as he has 7 rings and Rodgers just has 1. Rodgers isn’t clutch either in big games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Not even close. Brady is light years better as he has 7 rings and Rodgers just has 1. Rodgers isn’t clutch either in big games.
    Rodgers is better (right now), you put Rodgers on the Bucs and he lights it up and wins tonight as well. The difference is the coaching/front office. Packers have been overly conservative, literally drafted a QB after making an NFCC in 2019. Blame the front office for not going all-in for a SB window. Packers aren't aggressive enough in roster construction. Bucs pushed all their chips to the center of the table this year and the Packers didn't.