Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Now they're bragging about it

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Great point. If you’re fortifying it or protect it, why the need to to in behind the scenes or in secret.
    They had to conspire in secret behind the scenes to steal the election because of Trump's "assaults on Democracy."

Duh!!!!

A real "We had to destroy the village to save it." moment.

Blog Entries

Interesting thing I heard the other day about big tech and the media when it comes to elections.

If big tech uses their platform to push certain candidates or narratives that favor certain candidates, is that not a political contribution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Yes.

I was expecting a lot more violence around the election. It was surprisingly quiet and peaceful.... now after reading that it makes more sense.

If Trump had been reelected you would have seen massive protests along with the violence that would have gone along with it.

State legislatures make and change election laws. Laws were changed by Secretary of States, Governors, Courts etc. apparently in coordination by the group of people this article was about.

It’s exactly what the Texas lawsuit was about.
    Why didn’t the State Legislatures change election laws? IF you see things being changed by governors and courts, you still have the opportunity to pass your own laws that counteract that.

Great point. If you’re fortifying it or protect it, why the need to to in behind the scenes or in secret.
    Why make your opponents aware of your work?

Lots of the article is hyperbole.... it’s just strange that they got so much buy in from groups that normally work against one another.

6. Re: Now they're bragging about it

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Interesting thing I heard the other day about big tech and the media when it comes to elections.

If big tech uses their platform to push certain candidates or narratives that favor certain candidates, is that not a political contribution?

Not sure where you're going w/this, but let's assume it is/was. What are you getting at?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Not sure where you're going w/this, but let's assume it is/was. What are you getting at?
    If it is a political contribution with monetary value, wouldn't that fall under campaign finance laws and stipulations? I'm not exactly sure about that, but I could see an argument for that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Certainly sounds like it. Kind of like if a TV network provides unequal coverage right?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Why didn’t the State Legislatures change election laws? IF you see things being changed by governors and courts, you still have the opportunity to pass your own laws that counteract that.
    It is governors, sec of states etc that changed laws thst were already chenged, like in pa votes could be in 3 days after election or signature matching not needed or well we will give this district a chance to fix spoiled ballots but not that district

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It is governors, sec of states etc that changed laws thst were already chenged, like in pa votes could be in 3 days after election or signature matching not needed or well we will give this district a chance to fix spoiled ballots but not that district
    I agree with all of those points, except the signature matching (which they still did).

I find it really troubling that they notified some and not others to fix their votes. This was done at a county level and really should be a statewide thing. I am a big believer in people voting and having a missed field on 1 envelope invalidating a vote, is disappointing.

11. Re: Now they're bragging about it

If it is a political contribution with monetary value, wouldn't that fall under campaign finance laws and stipulations? I'm not exactly sure about that, but I could see an argument for that.
    I'm not sure, but I thought the Citizens United ruling pretty much cleared the way for this to happen, did it not?

"FEC, 2003 (in part). Citizens United v. ... FEC (2003) that had restricted corporate spending on electioneering communications. The ruling effectively freed labor unions and corporations to spend money on electioneering communications and to directly advocate for the election or defeat of candidates."