Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: How screwed up this state is

I'm five minutes from my office, sitting on about an acre with enough woods around to support a continually reproducing family of deer. I'm four minutes away from a tributary to the Tennessee river that's big enough for a bass boat to comfortably get around or toss some lines in on lazy afternoon.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I'm five minutes from my office, sitting on about an acre with enough woods around to support a continually reproducing family of deer. I'm four minutes away from a tributary to the Tennessee river that's big enough for a bass boat to comfortably get around or toss some lines in on lazy afternoon.
    I hear you. I'm less than a mile from a lake and a ton of woods and trails but also less than a mile from a metro station on the same line my wife uses to get downtown DC to her job, which is high paying.

However, if ever there was a time to move out farther and get a big piece of land now is it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Sounds good to me. Alabama is one of the best states to retire due to the low cost of living and taxes. Summertime heat and humidity might be tough to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I hear you.

I WOULD move to Montana or Wyoming or the Dakota's. My wife doesn't want to be that far away from her family...her mom isn't a big traveler and hates airplanes.
    That's actually what keeps us in the mid Atlantic. Know that the in-laws won't visit much if we're more than a few hours from central PA

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Sounds good to me. Alabama is one of the best states to retire due to the low cost of living and taxes. Summertime heat and humidity might be tough to get used to.
    The heat and humidity are easy to acclimate to. Just fully submerge yourself in a bathtub filled with blistering hot water then breath through a snorkel with a wet bath-cloth over the hole.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock