Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Telling comment by Ozzie Newsome

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    We've literally doubled-up at WR in each of the last three drafts.
    How many of those are starting caliber wrs on 50% of the league...1?

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    It's a funny way to put it but it's true. Football is a very mental game. Confidence, aggression, and mindset all matter. Especially at skill positions, the guys that produce are alphas.

Hell, Flacco used to get heat for not having the fire in his belly... but even he makes Boykin look like a choir boy.

If you put Jordan Lasley's brain in Miles Boykin's body then we would have a WR on our hands

I would let Boykin babysit my kids, thats how nice he is. Is anybody leaving their kids over at Michael Thomas's house!? You're gonna come back and your kid is drinking some Don Julio on a dirt bike
    Lmao, exactly...Boykin would allow the burglars to come in and he'd even offer them a can soda and a plate of food. Can't have a guy like that starting for you at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    How many of those are starting caliber wrs on 50% of the league...1?
    The doubling up includes Jaleel Scott and Jordan Lasley from the 2018 draft and Hollywood is the only WR taken before pick 92 of the draft.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

It's a funny way to put it but it's true. Football is a very mental game. Confidence, aggression, and mindset all matter. Especially at skill positions, the guys that produce are alphas.

Hell, Flacco used to get heat for not having the fire in his belly... but even he makes Boykin look like a choir boy.

If you put Jordan Lasley's brain in Miles Boykin's body then we would have a WR on our hands

I would let Boykin babysit my kids, thats how nice he is. Is anybody leaving their kids over at Michael Thomas's house!? You're gonna come back and your kid is drinking some Don Julio on a dirt bike
    What happened to Lasley? I know he was cut here but what happened to him then?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    What happened to Lasley? I know he was cut here but what happened to him then?
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...L/LaslJo00.htm

September 1, 2019: Detroit Lions cut WR Jordan Lasley.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Lmao, exactly...Boykin would allow the burglars to come in and he'd even offer them a can soda and a plate of food. Can't have a guy like that starting for you at WR.
    If only he would do that and while they were distracted, stick a knife in their neck and watch the lights go out in the other's eye's while he dies of the poison.

Blog Entries

Thanks, I should have UTFSE. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Ravens love the nice guys in the draft. We're lucky Lamar, Marlon, & JK have very friendly/polite dispositions or we probably pass on them as well, fortunately for us they're dogs that know how to turn it off during interviews/pre-draft.

High character is great but it doesn't win football games. Feels like EDC is a lot more willing to forego the politeness check than Ozzie was. Not sure we trade for a guy like Marcus Peters with Ozzie at GM.

Still... Perriman, Boykin, Duvernay all guys with very quiet and polite dispositions.. it's so strange that we never draft the chirpy/big ego WR's early (who tend to be the better players)

Hollywood is overall a nice guy but he's a dog at the end of the day. He has an ego, he wants the ball, he gets pissed when he's not involved. Strangely enough he's probably the best WR they have ever drafted. I think he's already better than Torrey but just plays in a lower volume passing offense

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Boykin's just one of those players that seems to make Ravens fans angry. I'm not sure why.
    Do you think it's the Boykin thread that's pissing people off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Every WR that fails here makes fans angry and receives at times over the top criticism.
    What BHC said. It's the position. The thread is more symptom than cause. (Except for Captain Silver and some others here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    WRT Duvernay perception vs. Boykin, I do not believe people were this anti-Boykin at this time last year.
    People were anti-Boykin already, at the end of last season. Had concluded he sucks, based on his whopping 22-target sample.
    (Boykin had tailed off badly after week 11 last year.)

But the Boykin hate took a significant tick up after weeks 4 & 5 this year. Week 4 was the Washington game when Lamar threw the INT on the left sideline, intended for Boykin. Week 5 was the Cincy game with the "miscommunication" down the right sideline.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Or could be that Ozzie isn’t including Boykin in a list of small receivers because he’s not a small receiver.
    Gotta stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    We all want Boykin to succeed ...
    I'm not sure that's true, to be honest.

Ravens love the nice guys in the draft. We're lucky Lamar, Marlon, & JK have very friendly/polite dispositions or we probably pass on them as well, fortunately for us they're dogs that know how to turn it off during interviews/pre-draft.

High character is great but it doesn't win football games. Feels like EDC is a lot more willing to forego the politeness check than Ozzie was. Not sure we trade for a guy like Marcus Peters with Ozzie at GM.

Still... Perriman, Boykin, Duvernay all guys with very quiet and polite dispositions.. it's so strange that we never draft the chirpy/big ego WR's early (who tend to be the better players)

Hollywood is overall a nice guy but he's a dog at the end of the day. He has an ego, he wants the ball, he gets pissed when he's not involved. Strangely enough he's probably the best WR they have ever drafted. I think he's already better than Torrey but just plays in a lower volume passing offense
    All true, Lamar, Marlon, Stanley are all "nice guys" but they turn into killers when they are on the football field. Flacco was the same in his early years. I remember during the Perriman era, some of us here on RSR used to mock him his "Prayed up!" type posts on Twitter after watching him drop pass after pass. LMAO.