Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Telling comment by Ozzie Newsome

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Boykin will be cut after the draft.

This post is brought to you by the same man that called Hayden Hurst being traded over a year before its actual occurrence.
    I seem to remember something about a fork......?

Re: Telling comment by Ozzie Newsome

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Wonder if Boykin could pull a Waller, bulk up, and convert to TE
    Probably not. Waller was an absolute stud to begin with, he just couldn't stay sober or apply himself to football.

He also lines up at a WR spot a ton, they use him outside, slot, and in-line. More of a TE in title only, he's a hybrid. If he still played WR exclusively he would still be lighting it up either way, most of his catches come lined up as a WR. In-line stuff is mostly used in the redzone.

The position change didn't turn him into a productive player, it was inevitable as soon as he got sober & an opportunity to play

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I put nothing past the Ravens when it comes to the WR position, but slotting Boykin in as their #2 or #3 next year would be insane even by their own already pathetically low standards. The #4 who comes on to block and catches 10 passes, maybe, not like it would be far off from what he was playing #2 snaps this year.
    The Ravens do not value the WR position like most teams do.

Look at their 2020 WR group, what does all the group cost? 10 million for 7 guys??

They are paying Tavon Young just in 2020 6.3 million.
    They paid Judon almost 17 million this past season cap hit.

ITs crazy when 1 player like Judon more than doubles their collective spending on the WR entire group or the teams Slot nickel back who has not seen the field in 3 seasons is making almost as much as the entire group.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    He's doesn't have the mindset of a great (or even good) WR, soft. You can see the clear difference between him and Hollywood mentally, Hollywood wants the ball, he gets upset when he's not involved, he called out the last ranked passing offense. Boykin is just too timid. Listen to an interview from Adams, Hopkins, MT, Tyreek, Keenan Allen, AJ Brown, Landry, Metcalf, Justin Jefferson, SSS. AB, Randy Moss, TO, Chad Johnson... those guys are dogs, they will tell you nobody in the NFL can cover them 1 on 1. Supreme confidence.

Even if you look at the quiet/reserved WR's, guys that didn't talk a lot but did their talking on the field. Guys like Julio, Larry Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne. Those guys are killers, they weren't quiet because they were soft. They didn't say it out loud but they played with the exact same confidence/aggression as the guys listed above them. Silent assassins. The same type of supreme confidence.

Boykin falls into neither category, same with Perriman. They're reserved and unsure of themselves. They don't play with confidence. They don't run routes with aggression. They don't believe they can dust any CB that lines up across from them. Both have all the physical tools but aren't built for the NFL mentally to be anything more than a worker bee.
    Totally true, Boykin is like what Carlton Banks would be like if he played wide receiver. I look at his IG and I don't see any Gucci belt, Balenciaga tennis, thick Cuban link gold chains with retardedly expensive charm. He's a square in a league full of alpha male dogs. Nice guy, but not a good wide receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Probably not. Waller was an absolute stud to begin with, he just couldn't stay sober or apply himself to football.

He also lines up at a WR spot a ton, they use him outside, slot, and in-line. More of a TE in title only, he's a hybrid. If he still played WR exclusively he would still be lighting it up either way, most of his catches come lined up as a WR. In-line stuff is mostly used in the redzone.

The position change didn't turn him into a productive player, it was inevitable as soon as he got sober & an opportunity to play
    Boykin would need to put on another twenty pounds to be Pitta's size and Pitta was small for a TE. Boykin doesn't have the hands and can't run routes like Pitta did. Boykin is either going to figure things out as WR in the next two years or be out of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Boykin's just one of those players that seems to make Ravens fans angry. I'm not sure why. I'm not one of the Boykin fans. (Don't let the sig fool you.) I get that he's been disappointing but so have plenty of other players who haven't got the same criticism.

His rookie year was more successful than Duvernay's but Boykin got criticized while everyone seems positive about DD. Jaylon Ferguson was drafted ahead of Boykin but he doesn't seen to get anything like the level of criticism despite being just as mediocre.

Do you think it's the Boykin thread that's pissing people off?
    DD's year wasn't that successful because the Ravens don't really know how to use him, if you put him on the Steelers, Chiefs, Packers, etc., he would've had a good year. Here, he's just an afterthought

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    They gain basically nothing from cutting Boykin, because he's so cheap. Like it or not he's somewhere between our #2 and #4 receiver next year depending on if they sign/draft someone better and whether Duvernay can take a big step forward. Boykin will get plenty of snaps regardless since he can block.
    Some people have a bizarre borderline hatred for Miles Boykin.

For my money last year's passing game struggles have more to do with pass protection, scheme and QB play more then WR talent. If anything the WRsn that weren't Lamar's best friend suffered from lack of opportunity more then anything else, especially Miles.

With that being said, I'm all for upgrading at any position.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Bc the Contrarian :
    I'm no Boykin fan (don't really know who is?), however I do not see the Ravens cutting him outright. He is a 24 year old, 3rd round draft choice, who has 7 TDs to his name in his 2 seasons as a Raven. Keep in mind there really wasn't any off-season/Training Camp to speak of. I am not trying to defend or justify his existence, but he's cheap and some players do thrive later (see Darren Waller) on. Of course if he flops in 2021, all bets are off, but just can't see him being jettisoned after the draft... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Totally true, Boykin is like what Carlton Banks would be like if he played wide receiver. I look at his IG and I don't see any Gucci belt, Balenciaga tennis, thick Cuban link gold chains with retardedly expensive charm. He's a square in a league full of alpha male dogs. Nice guy, but not a good wide receiver.
    It's a funny way to put it but it's true. Football is a very mental game. Confidence, aggression, and mindset all matter. Especially at skill positions, the guys that produce are alphas.

Hell, Flacco used to get heat for not having the fire in his belly... but even he makes Boykin look like a choir boy.

If you put Jordan Lasley's brain in Miles Boykin's body then we would have a WR on our hands

I would let Boykin babysit my kids, thats how nice he is. Is anybody leaving their kids over at Michael Thomas's house!? You're gonna come back and your kid is drinking some Don Julio on a dirt bike

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I seem to remember something about a fork......?
    Oh the fork is ready for the off-season belee dat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Boykin's just one of those players that seems to make Ravens fans angry. I'm not sure why. I'm not one of the Boykin fans. (Don't let the sig fool you.) I get that he's been disappointing but so have plenty of other players who haven't got the same criticism.

His rookie year was more successful than Duvernay's but Boykin got criticized while everyone seems positive about DD. Jaylon Ferguson was drafted ahead of Boykin but he doesn't seen to get anything like the level of criticism despite being just as mediocre.

Do you think it's the Boykin thread that's pissing people off?
    I can hazard some guesses as to why Boykin is disliked so much.

o I listen to 105.7 every now and again. And that station did not like Boykin, led by Vinny Cerrato. I think that influenced people's opinion.

o People wanting to be proved right - there were some people that wanted Boykin to fail and to declare him a bust and I'm sure they were frustrated when he kept hanging around...teasing but never quite failing

o some posters just don't get along and the Boykin argument was just an expression of their personal dislike

o scape goat - displaced frustration with passing game and not having a clear place to put...they don't want to blame Lamar because he's Lamar, they don't want to blame Hollywood because he was teflon at first....easy to foist it upon a low production receiver who lacks chemistry with the QB
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I can hazard some guesses as to why Boykin is disliked so much.

o I listen to 105.7 every now and again. And that station did not like Boykin, led by Vinny Cerrato. I think that influenced people's opinion.

o People wanting to be proved right - there were some people that wanted Boykin to fail and to declare him a bust and I'm sure they were frustrated when he kept hanging around...teasing but never quite failing

o some posters just don't get along and the Boykin argument was just an expression of their personal dislike

o scape goat - displaced frustration with passing game and not having a clear place to put...they don't want to blame Lamar because he's Lamar, they don't want to blame Hollywood because he was teflon at first....easy to foist it upon a low production receiver who lacks chemistry with the QB
    We all want Boykin to succeed and want to be wrong but unfortunately we aren't. He's not good. Ain't no dog in em.