Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Telling comment by Ozzie Newsome

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    They gain basically nothing from cutting Boykin, because he's so cheap. Like it or not he's somewhere between our #2 and #4 receiver next year depending on if they sign/draft someone better and whether Duvernay can take a big step forward. Boykin will get plenty of snaps regardless since he can block.

I hope they don't bring Dez back.
    I put nothing past the Ravens when it comes to the WR position, but slotting Boykin in as their #2 or #3 next year would be insane even by their own already pathetically low standards. The #4 who comes on to block and catches 10 passes, maybe, not like it would be far off from what he was playing #2 snaps this year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    He's JAG. Nothing more.
    Are we talking about Boykin or Dez

Because you're right either way

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    We've literally doubled-up at WR in each of the last three drafts.
    I'm glad they've done it, too.

Hollywood is a good speed guy / deep threat.
    Duvernay seems like a solid option in the slot.
    Proche was specifically for Punt Returns.

Does Boykin still have a role going forward (other than blocking out wide)?

Time will tell.

Honestly, I'm not ready to give up on Boykin. I've seen so many video breakdowns of the Ravens passing game, and watched Boykin break free / wide open only to not be targeted (or sometimes eveñ looked at)...but who's to say what the real reason is for that?

We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Ozzie must not have watched the RSR Miles Boykin GIF section...
    Clearly he must not have!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    They gain basically nothing from cutting Boykin, because he's so cheap. Like it or not he's somewhere between our #2 and #4 receiver next year depending on if they sign/draft someone better and whether Duvernay can take a big step forward. Boykin will get plenty of snaps regardless since he can block.

I hope they don't bring Dez back.
    A roster spot is what they get

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I put nothing past the Ravens when it comes to the WR position, but slotting Boykin in as their #2 or #3 next year would be insane even by their own already pathetically low standards. The #4 who comes on to block and catches 10 passes, maybe, not like it would be far off from what he was playing #2 snaps this year.
    Agreed. Ideally the 2021 depth chart looks something like this:

1. A-Rob/Golladay/Godwin/AJ Green
    2. Hollywood
    3. Duvernay
    4. 2nd/3rd Round rookie
    5. Boykin
    6. Deon Cain

Don't re-sign Snead, save that money towards your big acquisition, move Hollywood into the slot. Don't re-sign Dez, he's washed. Stash Proche on the PS. Don't re-sign Chris Moore, we already have Richards as a dedicated ST'er. Using 2 roster spots for guys that can't play their actual position is too much.

Boykin's just one of those players that seems to make Ravens fans angry. I'm not sure why. I'm not one of the Boykin fans. (Don't let the sig fool you.) I get that he's been disappointing but so have plenty of other players who haven't got the same criticism.

His rookie year was more successful than Duvernay's but Boykin got criticized while everyone seems positive about DD. Jaylon Ferguson was drafted ahead of Boykin but he doesn't seen to get anything like the level of criticism despite being just as mediocre.

Do you think it's the Boykin thread that's pissing people off?

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Agreed. Ideally the 2021 depth chart looks something like this:

1. A-Rob/Golladay/Godwin/AJ Green
    2. Hollywood
    3. Duvernay
    4. 2nd/3rd Round rookie
    5. Boykin
    6. Deon Cain

Don't re-sign Snead, save that money towards your big acquisition, move Hollywood into the slot. Don't re-sign Dez, he's washed. Stash Proche on the PS. Don't re-sign Chris Moore, we already have Richards as a dedicated ST'er. Using 2 roster spots for guys that can't play their actual position is too much.
    WR: AJ Green
    WR: Duvernay
    Slot WR: Hollywood
    Cain
    UDFA or late round WR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Boykin's just one of those players that seems to make Ravens fans angry. I'm not sure why. I'm not one of the Boykin fans. (Don't let the sig fool you.) I get that he's been disappointing but so have plenty of other players who haven't got the same criticism.

His rookie year was more successful than Duvernay's but Boykin got criticized while everyone seems positive about DD. Jaylon Ferguson was drafted ahead of Boykin but he doesn't seen to get anything like the level of criticism despite being just as mediocre.

Every WR that fails here makes fans angry and receives at times over the top criticism. Says your join date was Nov 2018 so maybe you weren't around on the board for the Perriman years but that was much worse than what people are saying about Boykin. And he's not the only one, having been around Ravens message boards from Scout to Sunspot to here for 15+ years.

WRT Duvernay perception vs. Boykin, I do not believe people were this anti-Boykin at this time last year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

Probably because Ferguson barely plays (hovers around 25-30% of defensive snaps), if he was being asked to play around 50-70% of snaps like Boykin then people would be just as pissed off about his ineffectiveness.

Duvernay has already cemented himself as the primary returner, he was electric with the ball in his hands, just needs more manufactured touches, clearly the best YAC/open field runner at WR that we have.. I would say people are rightfully more optimistic about Duv because he has so much ability as a ball carrier. But if he doesn't develop as a route runner/pass catcher in year 2 people will turn on him just as they did Boykin

This board is probably harder on him because of the 120 page thread about him. Without him he's just a 3rd rounder who may or may not turn into a productive player in the next two years before it's time to sign him or let him go.

Wonder if Boykin could pull a Waller, bulk up, and convert to TE