Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Telling comment by Ozzie Newsome

Kind of sounds like he's suggesting that a talented WR makes his qb and offense easier....

Shocking we never tried to implement this game changing idea

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    No mention of Boykin at all.
    Whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Kind of sounds like he's suggesting that a talented WR makes his qb and offense easier.

Shocking we never tried to implement this game changing idea
    We've literally doubled-up at WR in each of the last three drafts.

Blog Entries

Or could be that Ozzie isn’t including Boykin in a list of small receivers because he’s not a small receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Probably have AJ Green at the top of their WR wish list...

The only over 30 years old WR's I would consider are Adam Thielen and Julio Jones.
    I think they want AJ Green too, he'll be cheap enough to trigger their WR cheapskate radar

The disappointment when they don't land A-Rob, Golladay, Godwin is going to be a tough pill to swallow... I can already hear Eric answering a question about it from a reporter:

"We were in contact with some of those guys.... but it's like Ozzie always talks about, right player, right price. Those guys are great players, we have all the respect in the world for them. But at the end of the day it has to financially make sense for both the player and for the Baltimore Ravens. We're excited about AJ, we think AJ is going to help our offense a ton, and I know he's excited to get in here and get to work"

Blog Entries

I think Miles is a talented guy but I think he suffers from the same issue alot of past receivers the Ravens have drafted suffer from he is soft and he is too nice of a guy. Not saying a guy has to be scum to be a good WR but on the field you have to have a certain personality to be successful and Boykin doesn't have it .

7. Re: Telling comment by Ozzie Newsome

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Probably have AJ Green at the top of their WR wish list...

The only over 30 years old WR's I would consider are Adam Thielen and Julio Jones.
    Terrelle Pryor.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Or could be that Ozzie isn’t including Boykin in a list of small receivers because he’s not a small receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Breaking News: Miles Boykin isn't good

But classic Ozzie, talking about Dez like he's relevant in 2021. This front office needs to re-evaluate what constitutes a good WR, I really hope Eric isn't even thinking about Dez as a potential answer at that position. They need serious help.

Also Snead is a UFA, really hope this doesn't mean they plan on re-signing him. He's a decent slot guy but an upgrade is in order.
    He's JAG. Nothing more.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Boykin will be cut after the draft.

This post is brought to you by the same man that called Hayden Hurst being traded over a year before its actual occurrence.
    They gain basically nothing from cutting Boykin, because he's so cheap. Like it or not he's somewhere between our #2 and #4 receiver next year depending on if they sign/draft someone better and whether Duvernay can take a big step forward. Boykin will get plenty of snaps regardless since he can block.

I hope they don't bring Dez back.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think Miles is a talented guy but I think he suffers from the same issue alot of past receivers the Ravens have drafted suffer from he is soft and he is too nice of a guy. Not saying a guy has to be scum to be a good WR but on the field you have to have a certain personality to be successful and Boykin doesn't have it .
    He's doesn't have the mindset of a great (or even good) WR, soft. You can see the clear difference between him and Hollywood mentally, Hollywood wants the ball, he gets upset when he's not involved, he called out the last ranked passing offense. Boykin is just too timid. Listen to an interview from Adams, Hopkins, MT, Tyreek, Keenan Allen, AJ Brown, Landry, Metcalf, Justin Jefferson, SSS. AB, Randy Moss, TO, Chad Johnson... those guys are dogs, they will tell you nobody in the NFL can cover them 1 on 1. Supreme confidence.

Even if you look at the quiet/reserved WR's, guys that didn't talk a lot but did their talking on the field. Guys like Julio, Larry Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne. Those guys are killers, they weren't quiet because they were soft. They didn't say it out loud but they played with the exact same confidence/aggression as the guys listed above them. Silent assassins. The same type of supreme confidence.

Boykin falls into neither category, same with Perriman. They're reserved and unsure of themselves. They don't play with confidence. They don't run routes with aggression. They don't believe they can dust any CB that lines up across from them. Both have all the physical tools but aren't built for the NFL mentally to be anything more than a worker bee.