Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Telling comment by Ozzie Newsome

Ozzie was on Shannon Sharpe's podcast (Club Shay Shay) a couple days ago, and was asked about the thought process behind signing Dez Bryant post Achilles injury, etc.

His answer was interesting.

"He provides a bigger target when we get down into the red area, you know...we've got Marquise, and we've got Duvernay, and we've got Willie Snead, but now we have a more bigger, physical receiver down in the red area that can make some contested catches, 'cause you know, things are tight when you get down in the red area, with a guy who can go up and make some contested catches."

No mention of Boykin at all.

The fact that they felt the need to sign Dez for that purpose, and when specifically listing the WRs under consideration, Boykin was excluded (despite having a far higher workload in terms of snap count), I find that to be an indictment of how the front office views Boykin's development (as well as an endorsement of Duvernay going forward).

Re: Telling comment by Ozzie Newsome

Forgot to include link to interview:

https://youtu.be/WI3YoSCpLeI

Boykin will be cut after the draft.

This post is brought to you by the same man that called Hayden Hurst being traded over a year before its actual occurrence.

Blog Entries

A lot of us said this when they signed Dez. Would not surprise me to see him dealt for another underperforming or fallen out of favor guy on another roster. Not sure I see any future for Boykin here.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Odd that they really never tried to utilize Bryant's height or ability to win those leap ball plays down around the goal line.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Odd that they really never tried to utilize Bryant's height or ability to win those leap ball plays down around the goal line.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    I was just about to post this. I don’t recall a single time when the Ravens threw a jump ball to Dez in the end zone. That was his signature play when he was with the Cowboys. He was always single covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Boykin will be cut after the draft.

This post is brought to you by the same man that called Hayden Hurst being traded over a year before its actual occurrence.
    Bye Boykin!

I want Cam Sims off WFT.

Boykin fans reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I was just about to post this. I don’t recall a single time when the Ravens threw a jump ball to Dez in the end zone. That was his signature play when he was with the Cowboys. He was always single covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    His catch rate was under 55%, as it has been for the last five years. Far be it for me to contradict Ozzie, but he's only half right. Dez is still a big body, that's true. But the guy who can make contested catches hasn't existed since 2014.

Also, we don't throw those routes. To anyone. Not even Andrews. That high point pass up the seam that Joe threw constantly to Pitta and Boldin during the SB run, those just don't exist. I'm not sure we'd throw them if we had Randy Moss or Megatron.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Ozzie must not have watched the RSR Miles Boykin GIF section...

Breaking News: Miles Boykin isn't good

But classic Ozzie, talking about Dez like he's relevant in 2021. This front office needs to re-evaluate what constitutes a good WR, I really hope Eric isn't even thinking about Dez as a potential answer at that position. They need serious help.

Also Snead is a UFA, really hope this doesn't mean they plan on re-signing him. He's a decent slot guy but an upgrade is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Breaking News: Miles Boykin isn't good

But classic Ozzie, talking about Dez like he's relevant in 2021. This front office needs to re-evaluate what constitutes a good WR, I really hope Eric isn't even thinking about Dez as a potential answer at that position. They need serious help.

Also Snead is a UFA, really hope this doesn't mean they plan on re-signing him. He's a decent slot guy but an upgrade is in order.
    Probably have AJ Green at the top of their WR wish list...

The only over 30 years old WR's I would consider are Adam Thielen and Julio Jones.