Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New video with JT O’Sullivan discussing the Ravens

This video was so worthwhile that I want to share it here:
    https://youtu.be/WGcMoxhZ4U0

It’s insightful to hear an actual QB weigh in on the water cooler topics surrounding Lamar, G-Ro and the receivers.

Blog Entries

Re: New video with JT O’Sullivan discussing the Ravens

It was a good listen. He did a good job of saying things without actually saying them and not hammering them too hard, since he’s not sure of how he’d divide up the blame pie.

I love what he said about "Run the ball and defense wins championships" being antiquated. I'm so sick of that 2002 mentality bullshit from this organization. It hasn't been that way for a very long time. The 2020 Ravens were the #1 running offense and #2 PTS/G Defense in the NFL and got spanked in the divisional round. Put that one to bed. The top 2 passing teams in the NFL are in the SB and 3/4 top passing teams made the Conference Championship

JTO also talked about how much it meant for him to have a #1 WR in the huddle vs a bunch of JAGs, how different the seperation and athleticism was for him to work with as a QB... he was polite about it but he basically just echoed what many of us have said about the deficiencies with the Ravens. Antiquated mindset. Don't value the WR position enough. Disconnect with Lamar and the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I love what he said about "Run the ball and defense wins championships" being antiquated. I'm so sick of that 2002 mentality bullshit from this organization. It hasn't been that way for a very long time. The 2020 Ravens were the #1 running offense and #2 PTS/G Defense in the NFL and got spanked in the divisional round. Put that one to bed. The top 2 passing teams in the NFL are in the SB and 3/4 top passing teams made the Conference Championship

JTO also talked about how much it meant for him to have a #1 WR in the huddle vs a bunch of JAGs, how different the seperation and athleticism was for him to work with as a QB... he was polite about it but he basically just echoed what many of us have said about the deficiencies with the Ravens. Antiquated mindset. Don't value the WR position enough. Disconnect with Lamar and the coaching staff.
    It's a fallacy that's never been true. Never.

Look back through the centuries and you'll see that championship teams are more strongly correlated to passing efficiency than anything. Note, efficiency is the key, not volume. This included notable "running" teams like the Lombardi Packers and Noll Steelers. Relative to league average, they were among the top teams in the NFL.

It all goes hand in hand. The Ravens do not have to abandon their identity of running and defense. But in order to win in the playoffs, they must improve on their passing efficiency. Basically, they need to be able pass on good teams the way they can pass on bad teams. They should have easily been able to complete passes on the Bills, who were totally committed to stopping the run game.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Thanks for posting this

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post

Yes

Said without saying that
    1. Ravens don't have a number 1 WR
    2. Not having a true #1 makes a big difference to the QB and other WRs
    3. Need one even if you have stud/best athlete at QB

Said directly
    4. Need a quality WR corps to be good, can't have just a true #1 WR
    5. WR is talent and luck based
    6. Anyone with eyes can see there is a disconnect between the OC and the QB. Either not trusting Lamar enough or don't place him in the right situation to succeed. He said it's likely somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    6. Anyone with eyes can see there is a disconnect between the OC and the QB. Either not trusting Lamar enough or don't place him in the right situation to succeed. He said it's likely somewhere in the middle.
    (I haven't watched the vid yet.)

Y'all think there was disconnect between the OC and the QB last year (2019)?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Do Y'all think fans should not want to see improvement from the 32nd ranked passing attack?

Simply because Lamar was the MVP in 2019 does not automatically mean both he, Roman and Harbaugh should be expected to show improvement year to year.

If you want to base feelings on track record and history, Romans history pretty much showes, some great 1st or 2nd year offenses and then it trends down from there.

Fans want to see that aspect change!

Blog Entries

A high school coach who played for the Bengals. Let me guess, the scheme is antiquated?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I wanted to ask him about Duvernay and how he could have such an insanely high catch percentage and not only not get targeted but not get enough snaps.

I saw the stat someone posted last week but I can't find it. I searched and searched. I said it was criminal not to use Duvernay more and someone agreed with me. If anyone remembers that stat please post it, I would really appreciate it.

Blog Entries

Thinking back and To be fair I'm pretty sure he said coaches and not just OC on that one. Sorry I am trying to paraphrase him properly.

Yeah, the “what happened between 2019 and 2020” question. I can’t get it out of my head that “somewhere in the middle” is the fact that the Covid-affected spring and summer ruined the 2020 install—not enough reps for Lamar and very young receivers.