Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Jordan Palmer working with Lamar??

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Probably cause he worked with josh Allen and Allen blew up this year. That.. plus he actually have experience playing the QB position, whereas Lamar’s coach harris is just a Highschool teacher who have zero experience playing QB and just teaching lamar off YouTube and research.
    Hey can you share some links on the part about Joshua Harris teaching Lamar Jackson base off of youtube videos and research?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    What's so great about Jordan Palmer?
    Ask Josh Allen. Jordan Palmer is the guy who got Allen from the player he was last year to the player he was in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ask Josh Allen. Jordan Palmer is the guy who got Allen from the player he was last year to the player he was in 2020
    I think Diggs deserves the credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    I think Diggs deserves the credit for that.
    It was both. That's why a lot of us have been saying:

1. Get Lamar the damn WR already
    2. Lamar needs to refine his mechanics with a legit QB coach this offseason to get the most out of the new WR

5. Re: Jordan Palmer working with Lamar??

He can't just do what James Urban tells him to do? But on his own? By now Lamar should already know how to train
    One of the things that these throwing gurus do is take videos of the throwing motion, put computers to work, things like that.

I'm mostly familiar with Tom House, who is a throwing mechanics guru, was a baseball pitcher, and worked with a lot of NFL QBs. He doesn't work on a wide set of quarterbacking things, works only on perfecting of the throwing motion. Throwing motion is a specialty thing, and it's not necessarily what a QB coach knows about.

What would be great would be if NFL coaches and NFL players could work together 12 months of the year. You get a better quality product on the field if players and coaches could work together all year.

If that can't happen, it would be great if there was an easy way for NFL players to get better at football in the other half of the year when there isn't football. There could be a whole bunch of different specialty camps for learning specific skills. The NFL makes billions a year, but players have no easy way to get better in the offseason.

6. Re: Jordan Palmer working with Lamar??

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Mb they’ll start practicing plays where they throw to the OL from jumbo set
    Throw to OL from jumbo set.

Count me in. It probably means that the Ravens picked up a new OL, and the Ravens need new OL before they need new WR.

Faalele the Giant showed up at a Minnesota Gophers practice this week, and I guess that means that he's going back in 2021.

Spencer Brown and Drew Himmelman are the 2 6'9 320 pound giants who were Tight Ends in high school and OL in college. Lamar can throw to them, and they can block for Lamar.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

He can't just do what James Urban tells him to do? But on his own? By now Lamar should already know how to train
    Improving your mechanics isn't training. Training is building muscle and speed. He needs to work on his footwork and arm mechanics. To do that well you need a coach.

You know, Tiger Woods has had a coach his whole career. Why do you think that is?

I will help. You need a good coach to watch you and help you fix flaws in mechanics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I saw this on FB, so take it with a grain of salt, but this could help out Lamar tremendously!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Is this real?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Improving your mechanics isn't training. Training is building muscle and speed. He needs to work on his footwork and arm mechanics. To do that well you need a coach.

You know, Tiger Woods has had a coach his whole career. Why do you think that is?

I will help. You need a good coach to watch you and help you fix flaws in mechanics.
    Makes sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Probably cause he worked with josh Allen and Allen blew up this year. That.. plus he actually have experience playing the QB position, whereas Lamar’s coach harris is just a Highschool teacher who have zero experience playing QB and just teaching lamar off YouTube and research.
    He can work with both.
    And btw, Tom Brady’s former QB coach didn’t have much football experience.

11. Re: Jordan Palmer working with Lamar??

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_House

Recently, House has worked with several NFL quarterbacks, including, Dak Prescott Drew Brees, Tom Brady,[9] Alex Smith,[10] Carson Palmer, Cody Kessler, Matt Cassel, Jared Goff, Marcus Mariota, Andrew Luck, Jimmy Garoppolo, Carson Wentz, Terrelle Pryor, Tim Tebow, Andy Dalton,[11] Blake Bortles,[12] and Matt Ryan.[13][14]

Blog Entries

“Pray for us.” ~ Biscuit