Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Second (and third) tier WRs that the Ravens could get

Reading between the lines of the press conference yesterday, I think it's safe to say that any of the first tier guys like Robinson, Golladay, Godwin, etc are off the table. Some second tier guys that are more realistic are: Corey Davis, Will Fuller, Marvin Jones, Allen Lazard. Although they're not necessarily game changers, I can live with one of these guys. Is it realistic that the Ravens will even splurge on one of these guys, or are they liked to sign a 3rd tier guy like TY Hilton, AJ Green, bring Dez back, or like...Tim Patrick?

Re: Second (and third) tier WRs that the Ravens could get

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Reading between the lines of the press conference yesterday, I think it's safe to say that any of the first tier guys like Robinson, Golladay, Godwin, etc are off the table. Some second tier guys that are more realistic are: Corey Davis, Will Fuller, Marvin Jones, Allen Lazard. Although they're not necessarily game changers, I can live with one of these guys. Is it realistic that the Ravens will even splurge on one of these guys, or are they liked to sign a 3rd tier guy like TY Hilton, AJ Green, bring Dez back, or like...Tim Patrick?
    All of the second tier guys seem realistic. Fuller and Davis are chronically injured but productive when healthy. Jones is older but still solid.

The Ravens motto ought to be

"Penny Wise, Pound Foolish"

Its amazing what you can't get for a penny. You get what you pay for!

Out of that list I'd love to have Davis or Fuller. Fuller was great this year. TY Hilton is intriguing yes he is a typical Ravens signing of a receiver on the back 9 but when he got healthy last year he had some big games late in the season, but I could see that signing turning into another Crabtree

Honestly, anyone on that list would be upgrades over Snead, Bryant and Boykin. I think they'll try for one of the top tier guys, and what Harbaugh and EDC are saying is a smokescreen. They saw what Diggs did for Josh Allen. They want that same connection for Lamar. I don't know if they'll get a top tier receiver, but I think they'll try.

Blog Entries

widen that net to include a big TE

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Will we waste another season signing a 2nd rate WR to go with Hollywood and Andrews? The OP wrote "bring Dez back?" and I ask "Why?" If we want the Ravens offense to thrive, we need to strenghten the O-line and add a dangerous WR into the mix. With our already superior running game, we might finally see what LJ8 can do with a strong surrounding cast. These last 2 1/2 years have shown LJ8 to be a winner in the regular season, but no so in the playoffs. That said, he's laid a good foundation for a career, now to get over the "Deep Playoff Run" hurdle, he needs more support around him to bolster his confidence. Otherwise, we could see the same-old, same-old again this year... Bc

Blog Entries

I would probably anticipate Fuller and Davis to be out of our price range in addition to the top three. Fuller @ 26 y/o I think is one of those guys that might sign a 1 year somewhere to build value off that PED suspension, and it won't be here if he does.

Lazard seemed like a drop machine in almost every GB game I watched.

Jones would be a good signing, and I've said before I'd be interested in Hilton as well. Jones is probably more of what they need as a bigger guy opposite Brown.

This board would be hysterical if they signed AJ Green.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Honestly, anyone on that list would be upgrades over Snead, Bryant and Boykin. I think they'll try for one of the top tier guys, and what Harbaugh and EDC are saying is a smokescreen. They saw what Diggs did for Josh Allen. They want that same connection for Lamar. I don't know if they'll get a top tier receiver, but I think they'll try.
    Wish that were true, but when you consider the cap space available, sadly I think it is more probable that Harbs and EDC were both being honest and there is no ARob coming our way. Tier 2 guy from FA or through trade on the other hand, pretty sure it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I would probably anticipate Fuller and Davis to be out of our price range in addition to the top three. Fuller @ 26 y/o I think is one of those guys that might sign a 1 year somewhere to build value off that PED suspension, and it won't be here if he does.

Lazard seemed like a drop machine in almost every GB game I watched.

Jones would be a good signing, and I've said before I'd be interested in Hilton as well. Jones is probably more of what they need as a bigger guy opposite Brown.

This board would be hysterical if they signed AJ Green.
    I thought that initially, but I think with a lot of teams being tight against the cap, I think Davis and Fuller will have to lower their prices. Davis has had some inconsistencies and Will Fuller has had a very extensive injury history.

11. Re: Second (and third) tier WRs that the Ravens could get

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    PG,

In a thread I started a few weeks back, I made the case for why, looking at all the moving parts, I believe Marvin Jones Jr will be the guy we sign. He won’t break the bank, he’s durable and consistent, and he still brings a nice combination of explosive plays and contested catches. And, after being in Detroit, I imagine he’s ready to be a part of a non-dysfunctional franchise with legitimate championship aspirations at this point in his career.

I also think we’ll bring back Snead, which the front office will consider their offseason double-dip at WR. That said, if they’re not looking to go the recycled route, I think Tim Patrick would be a sneaky good pick-up, but only in addition to someone like Jones, Davis, or - should we be so fortunate - one of the legit top-tier FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    PG,

In a thread I started a few weeks back, I made the case for why, looking at all the moving parts, I believe Marvin Jones Jr will be the guy we sign. He won’t break the bank, he’s durable and consistent, and he still brings a nice combination of explosive plays and contested catches. And, after being in Detroit, I imagine he’s ready to be a part of a non-dysfunctional franchise with legitimate championship aspirations at this point in his career.

I also think we’ll bring back Snead, which the front office will consider their offseason double-dip at WR. That said, if they’re not looking to go the recycled route, I think Tim Patrick would be a sneaky good pick-up, but only in addition to someone like Jones, Davis, or - should we be so fortunate - one of the legit top-tier FAs.
    I liked Marvin Jones coming out of UC Berkley, was hoping the Ravens took him back then, instead they got that JAG Tommy Streeter, lmao. He's a nice savvy veteran WR who can still play with all those things you highlighted above. I would like it if they also grabbed Tim Patrick...then they're applying maximum pressure on Boykin to get better or get the fuck off the roster.