Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

Just did one on PFN. I didn't trade back or anything - just stayed with the current slate of picks.

27 - EDGE, Zaven Collins
    58 - EDGE, Carlos Basham Jr
    104 - OC, Quinn Meinerz
    131 - WR, Sage Surratt
    169 - TE, Quintin Morris
    184 - OT, Alaric Jackson
    211 - WR, Dez Fitzpatrick
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

How "high" are folks on Zaven Collins?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just did one on PFN. I didn't trade back or anything - just stayed with the current slate of picks.

27 - EDGE, Zaven Collins
    58 - EDGE, Carlos Basham Jr
    104 - OC, Quinn Meinerz
    131 - WR, Sage Surratt
    169 - TE, Quintin Morris
    184 - OT, Alaric Jackson
    211 - WR, Dez Fitzpatrick

Nice Mock. Really like (Meinerz and Collins picks).
    Surrant is growing on me too.

Here is my third mock.

27: R1 P27 OT Christian Darrisaw - Virginia Tech
    58: R2 P26 C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
    104: R3 P40 S Ar'Darius Washington - TCU
    131: R4 P26 DL Jay Tufele - USC
    169: R5 P24 CB Benjamin St-Juste - Minnesota
    184: R5 P39 EDGE Jonathan Cooper - Ohio State
    211: R6 P25 WR Simi Fehoko - Stanford

I wanted other WRS but they were all snagged right in front of my pick order.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I think he’s great. I think he would be an instant shot in our defense’s arm.

He has ideal size for an EDGE/OLB at 6’4” 255-260lbs. He can get after the QB, he has good closing speed, and he uses his hands well.

What I find most intriguing is that he is a REALLY good off ball LB as well. He has really good instincts in coverage, he has good ball skills, and he is super athletic with the ball in his hands.

We could line him up at EDGE on 1st and 2nd and he could slide back to WILL in nickel and dime packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has ideal size for an EDGE/OLB at 6’4” 255-260lbs. He can get after the QB, he has good closing speed, and he uses his hands well.

What I find most intriguing is that he is a REALLY good off ball LB as well. He has really good instincts in coverage, he has good ball skills, and he is super athletic with the ball in his hands.

We could line him up at EDGE on 1st and 2nd and he could slide back to WILL in nickel and dime packages.

I think wink would have the time of his life disgusting blitzes with him. His size would allow him to blitz every gap, and his top shelf coverage skills would lead to a lot of confusion and surprise from the play calling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    I think wink would have the time of his life disgusting blitzes with him. His size would allow him to blitz every gap, and his top shelf coverage skills would lead to a lot of confusion and surprise from the play calling.
    Aaron Barr from the Vikings might be a decent pro-comp.

Blog Entries

Quick Assessment:

EDGE Joseph Ossai, Texas, 6'4" 253lbs

In comparison to Zaven Collins, I like Collins more because I think he is more of a dynamic player. That said, Ossai has a lot of intriguing qualities as well. He fights with his hands, he uses the pull/rip move, he uses the slap move (although it varies in effectiveness). Where Ossai really wins is length and quickness - he has a really nice get-off and first step. Ossai also has some ability to drop into zones and make plays on the ball.

The one thing I really like about Ossai is he doesn't give up on the play. He'll track ball carriers 10-15 yards down the field and make the tackle and go for the forced fumble. He seems to have a knack for knocking the ball out.

9. Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    I like him, but not for the Ravens. Had we not taken both Queen and Harrison last year I would definitely want him, but he's not the edge guy I envision for the Ravens. He played a lot off the ball and he's damn good off the ball. He's played on the edge some, but I just don't think that's how you get the most out of him. He's great in coverage, good at reading and slashing through gaps when he's off the ball so I just don't see why we would take him even though I really like what I see on tape.

10. Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

But he doesn't have a great deal of production off the edge and I need to see more. When looking at edge one question I ask is does this guy have a pass rush plan? When you look at guys like Ojulari, Phillips, those guys have pass rush plans. Watch their use of hands, how they attack the blockers hand, shoulders, how they set blockers up. Collins IMO is great as an off the ball linebacker. He always finds himself around the football in coverage, always there for turnovers. I love the player, I just don't like the fit in terms of what the Ravens need off the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    But he doesn't have a great deal of production off the edge and I need to see more. When looking at edge one question I ask is does this guy have a pass rush plan? When you look at guys like Ojulari, Phillips, those guys have pass rush plans. Watch their use of hands, how they attack the blockers hand, shoulders, how they set blockers up. Collins IMO is great as an off the ball linebacker. He always finds himself around the football in coverage, always there for turnovers. I love the player, I just don't like the fit in terms of what the Ravens need off the edge.
    Depending on FA we could need a guy of that level. If Bowser and Judon both walk, and we resign Ngakoue we will not have anyone who can play SAM. Judon and Bowser have both been praised for their ability to cover, Collins coverage skills and awareness far exceed both of them. Collins may never be a 10+ sack OLB but at 6'4 260 he is big enough to set the edge, be moved inside if necessary. While inside he can zone blitz or rush the passer. That type of versatility would be essential for an exotic defense such as Wink.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    I like him, but not for the Ravens. Had we not taken both Queen and Harrison last year I would definitely want him, but he's not the edge guy I envision for the Ravens. He played a lot off the ball and he's damn good off the ball. He's played on the edge some, but I just don't think that's how you get the most out of him. He's great in coverage, good at reading and slashing through gaps when he's off the ball so I just don't see why we would take him even though I really like what I see on tape.
    That's fair.

Honestly, the guy I like the most for the Ravens is someone like Carlos Basham. He's kind of a tweener in that 5-Tech DE that can kick out to EDGE.