Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    What site did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Firstpick

Alright. Used Ed’s site here my first of many.

With TDN's mock draft machine:

38. Dillon Radunz - OT, North Dakota State
    59. Deonte Brown - IOL, Alabama
    97. Tyler Shelvin - IDL, LSU
    3rd R (comp) Israel Mukuamu - CB, South Carolina
    131. Rashad Weaver - EDGE, Pittsburgh
    167. Caden Sterns - S, Texas
    207. Ihmir Smith-Marsette - WR, Iowa
    213. Marco Wilson - CB, Florida

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Taking a RB with the first pick will be a huge misallocation of resources. Gus and Dobbins are one of the best RB tandems in the league, we need help in other areas
    is it a certainty that Gus will be back?

Failed to land a center but otherwise, pretty happy with the haul after a couple of trade backs. Sorry, no WR, it'd be criminal if EDCC doesn't address that BEFORE the Draft.

37. Jaelan Phillips - EDGE Miami (FL)
    63. Dillon Radunz - OT North Dakota State
    78. Hunter Long - TE Boston College
    98. Andre Cisco - S Syracuse
    113. Quincy Roche - EDGE Miami (FL)
    130. Adetokunbo Ogundeji - DT Notre Dame
    139. Keith Taylor - CB Washington
    170. Cam Sample - DT Tulane
    220. Marco Wilson - CB Florida

6. Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

Another WR to keep a watch for is D'Wayne Eskridge. Small School Kadarious Toney. If we add another WR I think it will be one of those types. The speed is the draw. I think Boykin gets phased out as he does fit the speed that they want on offense. Hollywood, Duvernay, Toney/Eskridge as your 3 WR's is a track team with a great deal of YAC potential. I think this is type of unit they want. We'll see.

7. Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Taking a RB with the first pick will be a huge misallocation of resources. Gus and Dobbins are one of the best RB tandems in the league, we need help in other areas
    Agree with this. However. Last year there were 4 RBs. And there is now one less.

I'd argue that the Ravens have 2 speedy RBs and 1 big RB. Maybe the Ravens find another big RB, because the Ravens should want to make sure that they have a big RB there. If a big RB was gone, there might be a greater problem than if one of the 2 smaller RBs was gone. Dobbins and Justice Hill are roughly comparable in terms of size, and Gus is the outlier.

I'd say that Stevenson from Oklahoma, if he's cheap enough, like day 3, might be a good choice at big RB and possibly FB. Basically, if you can find a 240 pound 4.55 40 guy, that's a good choice. It seems like Stevenson is about that.

8. Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Another WR to keep a watch for is D'Wayne Eskridge. Small School Kadarious Toney. If we add another WR I think it will be one of those types. The speed is the draw. I think Boykin gets phased out as he does fit the speed that they want on offense. Hollywood, Duvernay, Toney/Eskridge as your 3 WR's is a track team with a great deal of YAC potential. I think this is type of unit they want. We'll see.
    The Ravens already move the ball down the field quite well.

The Ravens need a BIG pass catcher - either WR or TE - for Red Zone.

Every other team needs more speed at the QB position. Because the Ravens have the best and most speed at QB, the Ravens need things that aren't speed, like size, for blocking for the incredible speed they do have, in Lamar Jackson.

Hollywood Brown and Duvernay, also Justice Hill, all have excellent speed. The WRs, outside of Boykin, and Dez if he counts, lack size.

If I'm Lamar, and I'm the best QB at running and not the best QB at throwing, I'm going to want big targets that are easy to hit. I, personally, would feel more comfortable myself throwing to a pretty slow 6'9 hybrid TE/OL than Hollywood Brown, who is small and very fast. I would end up throwing behind Brown and probably over his head. A mostly immobile giant TE would be the easiest for me. I'd end up throwing it out of bounds, over his head, or maybe it's accurate enough to catch.

Before the Ravens got Brown, especially, and then also Duvernay, the Ravens did lack a speedy weapon at WR. But now that they have those speedy weapons, they don't need more. Adding a speedy weapon is not evidence that the Ravens want a whole bunch of speedy weapons at WR, when what the Ravens should have is a mix of, very important, WRs who can block, reliable catchers, big red zone threats and speedy weapons. The Ravens pretty much do have all of those things. Would argue in favor of big red zone threat at TE or WR or possibly both.

The Ravens don't really have problems moving the ball, and they don't really have problems scoring TDs, but they did in the playoff loss, and it's fairly clear that an additional big TE/WR might have helped.

It seems like the choices to throw in the end zone are mostly shortish WRs and Andrews covered by many, because you really don't want to throw to the shorter guys in the end zone. You'd think that Boykin should be able to catch TD passes in the end zone because tall + big vert, but you don't see that a lot. Boykin runs along the back of the end zone, jumps and he catches it or it's incomplete.

9. Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

Quote Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
    is it a certainty that Gus will be back?
    Pretty much. No one thinks he's going to be gone. Exclusive rights FA.

10. Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If the Ravens don’t draft an edge rusher in the first two rounds, then I hope they consider Joe Tryon from Washington.

Joe Tryon- OLB / Edge- Washington
    6’5”
    262 lbs

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/01/20...dge-joe-tryon/

The Ravens could be drafting more than 1 OLB/edge.

They could be losing more than 1.

I would think that the Ravens would want to keep Judon, but it appears that he is going to be quite expensive, the same with others like Yannick.

11. Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    The Ravens already move the ball down the field quite well.

The Ravens need a BIG pass catcher - either WR or TE - for Red Zone.

Every other team needs more speed at the QB position. Because the Ravens have the best and most speed at QB, the Ravens need things that aren't speed, like size, for blocking for the incredible speed they do have, in Lamar Jackson.

Hollywood Brown and Duvernay, also Justice Hill, all have excellent speed. The WRs, outside of Boykin, and Dez if he counts, lack size.

If I'm Lamar, and I'm the best QB at running and not the best QB at throwing, I'm going to want big targets that are easy to hit. I, personally, would feel more comfortable myself throwing to a pretty slow 6'9 hybrid TE/OL than Hollywood Brown, who is small and very fast. I would end up throwing behind Brown and probably over his head. A mostly immobile giant TE would be the easiest for me. I'd end up throwing it out of bounds, over his head, or maybe it's accurate enough to catch.

Before the Ravens got Brown, especially, and then also Duvernay, the Ravens did lack a speedy weapon at WR. But now that they have those speedy weapons, they don't need more. Adding a speedy weapon is not evidence that the Ravens want a whole bunch of speedy weapons at WR, when what the Ravens should have is a mix of, very important, WRs who can block, reliable catchers, big red zone threats and speedy weapons. The Ravens pretty much do have all of those things. Would argue in favor of big red zone threat at TE or WR or possibly both.

The Ravens don't really have problems moving the ball, and they don't really have problems scoring TDs, but they did in the playoff loss, and it's fairly clear that an additional big TE/WR might have helped.

It seems like the choices to throw in the end zone are mostly shortish WRs and Andrews covered by many, because you really don't want to throw to the shorter guys in the end zone. You'd think that Boykin should be able to catch TD passes in the end zone because tall + big vert, but you don't see that a lot. Boykin runs along the back of the end zone, jumps and he catches it or it's incomplete.
    I don't necessarily agree. To me a guy like Tony puts the offense in overdrive, especially when he can also be used in the run game. And to me the Chiefs are the model and that's really all they are at the position outside of Sammy Watkins who you really don't hear too much about in their offense as of late. It's Hill, Hardman, Robinson at WR. Also, to me one way to back the Chiefs up against to wall is to match their speed. I just think a guy like Tony adds more dimensions to the offense than any other WR in this draft.

To simulate a possible OBJ trade with the Jags, I did trade a few 2022 Ravens picks + 2021 4th to get picks #33 and #65 (So in effect it would be OBJ + #134 for Jags #33 and #65 picks)

Also assuming (hoping) both Center and WR are addressed in FA (no Arob, though)

So after a couple of extra moves:

31. Liam Eichenberg - OT, Notre Dame
    A Fighting Irish combo at both tackle positions. A guy that could be good enough to eventually take Stanley's place as LT if needed (not saying he'll be an All-Pro, mind)

33. Jaelan Phillips - EDGE, Miami
    Edge is along with OT the most flaring need. Bowser, McPhee and Ward are back, no Judon/Yannick. That could amount up to 4 3rd round picks in 2020 when you add our own 3rd, Culley's comp and what these two would bring by walking, yay!

59. Jevon Holland - S, Oregon
    A safety that can play single high you say?

65. Deonte Brown - IOL, Alabama
    The best of the bunch by the time. That makes 5 guys to fight for both guard positions.

95. Alim McNeill - IDL, NC State
    For all those posters that are sick of hearing about another BWill contract restructure. You need to find a replacement first.

167. Josh Imatorbhebhe - WR, Illinois
    For all those posters that are sick of hearing about Boykin and how many chances he's had (or hasn't)

207. Marco Wilson - CB, Florida
    Because you can't do a Ravens mock draft without picking a cornerback.

248. Luke Farrell - TE, Ohio State
    Maybe the only name I recognised?