Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

2021 NFL Draft Mocks

I thought we might as well start this year's mock draft's thread.

This is not my first (and won't be the last):

Using PFN's mock draft simulator (there is a probable 6th round comp pick that is still not available)
    Quite a few trade backs (with Falcons, Raiders, KC, chargers...) because I love 2nd-3rd round picks and I can't see EDC staying at 27 anyway.

48. Jaelan Phillips - EDGE Miami (FL)

Assuming neither Judon nor Yanning come back. Was also considering Terrace Marshall (but Offense doesn't need to get younger) Deonte Brown (but I'd rather draft C and both Humphrey and Dickerson were gone) or, as Edge, the Penn St pair Rashad Weaver/Patrick Jones. Jaelan Phillips, if his medicals check, is the better player. So high risk high reward.

64. Jevon Holland - S Oregon

Not a deep draft for single high safeties. And the Ravens need one. Jevon Holland can play single high and in the box. We've been lucky to get a full season out of Chuck Clark and obviously, The Joker.

68. Ifeatu Melifonwu - CB Syracuse

You can't have too many corners and Peters can and probably will be a cap casualty in the next 2/3 years. I know, I know, it's all defense so far. Well, there's more to come.

77. Tyler Shelvin - DT LSU

Talking about cap casualties, the RSR Forum's favorite (but not-really-cuttable) player, BWill. Have him for another year and if Tyler Shelvin delivers, THEN you say BWill good bye (or welcome back on a vet, team friendly contract)

95. Nico Collins - WR Michigan

Probably more a BPA than anything choice at this point. Deepest WR draft and all that since, well, 2020, lol. Also, competition for Boykin (bye Dez)

129. Drake Jackson - OC Kentucky

I won't pretend to know shit about OL play. This was the best Center available and it is, unashamedly, a GWNR pick.

161. Alaric Jackson - OT Iowa

See 129 (for the OL ignorance and best available at the position bits)

Re: 2021 NFL Draft Mocks

27: R1 P27 RB Travis Etienne - Clemson
    Helps both the running game and the passing game. We need more speedy elusive playmakers on offense.

58: R2 P26 C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
    Need a reliable smart center and Humphrey is gonna be one of the good ones though I doubt he really lasts this long.

128: R4 P26 S Caden Sterns - Texas

165: R5 P24 CB Darren Hall - San Diego State

177: R5 P36 OT Cole Van Lanen - Wisconsin

204: R6 P25 DL Lorenzo Neal II - Purdue

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Helps both the running game and the passing game. We need more speedy elusive playmakers on offense.

Need a reliable smart center and Humphrey is gonna be one of the good ones though I doubt he really lasts this long.

Taking a RB with the first pick will be a huge misallocation of resources. Gus and Dobbins are one of the best RB tandems in the league, we need help in other areas

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Taking a RB with the first pick will be a huge misallocation of resources. Gus and Dobbins are one of the best RB tandems in the league, we need help in other areas
    Etienne is the best WR available at that point and we have the worst passing offense in the league. He often lined up wide at Clemson. 588 yards receiving last season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    I thought we might as well start this year's mock draft's thread.

This is not my first (and won't be the last):

Using PFN's mock draft simulator (there is a probable 6th round comp pick that is still not available)
    Quite a few trade backs (with Falcons, Raiders, KC, chargers...) because I love 2nd-3rd round picks and I can't see EDC staying at 27 anyway.

48. Jaelan Phillips - EDGE Miami (FL)

Assuming neither Judon nor Yanning come back. Was also considering Terrace Marshall (but Offense doesn't need to get younger) Deonte Brown (but I'd rather draft C and both Humphrey and Dickerson were gone) or, as Edge, the Penn St pair Rashad Weaver/Patrick Jones. Jaelan Phillips, if his medicals check, is the better player. So high risk high reward.

64. Jevon Holland - S Oregon

Not a deep draft for single high safeties. And the Ravens need one. Jevon Holland can play single high and in the box. We've been lucky to get a full season out of Chuck Clark and obviously, The Joker.

68. Ifeatu Melifonwu - CB Syracuse

You can't have too many corners and Peters can and probably will be a cap casualty in the next 2/3 years. I know, I know, it's all defense so far. Well, there's more to come.

77. Tyler Shelvin - DT LSU

Talking about cap casualties, the RSR Forum's favorite (but not-really-cuttable) player, BWill. Have him for another year and if Tyler Shelvin delivers, THEN you say BWill good bye (or welcome back on a vet, team friendly contract)

95. Nico Collins - WR Michigan

Probably more a BPA than anything choice at this point. Deepest WR draft and all that since, well, 2020, lol. Also, competition for Boykin (bye Dez)

129. Drake Jackson - OC Kentucky

I won't pretend to know shit about OL play. This was the best Center available and it is, unashamedly, a GWNR pick.

161. Alaric Jackson - OT Iowa

See 129 (for the OL ignorance and best available at the position bits)
    Val, while anything can happen in FA, and I readily admit I'm not a Draft guru, I cannot see the Ravens not drafting an O-lineman (especially C and/or OG) within the first 4 rounds. JMO in January... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Val, while anything can happen in FA, and I readily admit I'm not a Draft guru, I cannot see the Ravens not drafting an O-lineman (especially C and/or OG) within the first 4 rounds. JMO in January... Bc
    Yup, everything (Harbs and EDC pressers) points in that direction, the mock draft just didn't allow me to go C in rounds 1&2 with Humphrey, Dickerson or Myers and I'm not sure they really need another G. They already have Bozeman, Powers, Bredeson and Phillips and I wouldn't be surprised either if they addressed it in FA with a vet player. This offense needs some been there done that kinda guys at WR and OL.

Defense on the other hand needs to get younger pronto.

Edit: See if you like this one better, BC:

41. Landon Dickerson - OC Alabama
    66. Spencer Brown - OT Northern Iowa
    72. Hamsah Nasirildeen - S Florida State
    100. Nico Collins - WR Michigan
    105. Marvin Wilson - DT Florida State
    124. Shaka Toney - EDGE Penn State
    187. Ventrell Miller - LB Florida
    Last edited by Valhain; 01-26-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Lamar, Etienne, Dobbins, Edwards, plus Hill/Ricard...the Ravens will say fuck passing, let's just run for 400 yards every week! lol

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Lamar, Etienne, Dobbins, Edwards, plus Hill/Ricard...the Ravens will say fuck passing, let's just run for 400 yards every week! lol
    It opens up the playbook having two guys that can go deep (Brown, ETN), 3 guys that can both run and catch out of the backfield (Gus, JK, ETN) and a QB that can pass/run. I think it's important to note that as dominant as we've been running the football in the regular season, I've yet to see it have a dominant January. Buffalo took away our usual rushing success if you ask me.

It opens up the playbook having two guys that can go deep (Brown, ETN), 3 guys that can both run and catch out of the backfield (Gus, JK, ETN) and a QB that can pass/run. I think it's important to note that as dominant as we've been running the football in the regular season, I've yet to see it have a dominant January. Buffalo took away our usual rushing success if you ask me.
    The counter bash scheme becomes that much more dangerous if you have a Travis Etienne running that jet motion instead of Dobbins...at least on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The counter bash scheme becomes that much more dangerous if you have a Travis Etienne running that jet motion instead of Dobbins...at least on paper.
    Or a Justice Hill???

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Or a Justice Hill???
    Justice Hill...he seems like he is more of a special teams gunner right now.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!