Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Why do you love Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    I am curious as to why some many of you love Trump. I don’t really care for answers like: ‘Democrats are Marxists’ those answers are about them and not Trump.
    I don't love Trump per se (probably an asshole IRL) but there are things I loved about him: destroying the reputation of the mainstream media was his legacy IMO. He pretty much proved they aren't news but social engineering outlets. He wanted to break up the two party establishment (Democrats and Republicans are really just the controlled opposition of the organic left and right movements by the people themselves, and they rarely deliver big wins to their voters). He wanted to crack down on immigration that will almost certainly result in a balkanized United States along ethnic & religious lines (this country has no common culture or identity but it's a mish-mash of people all over the world crammed together for no apparent reason other than to take advantage of the country's benefits). He wanted to destroy the administrative bureaucracy (get rid of all the useless agencies and regulations and workers who produce nothing but take everything). Above all that, he was relentless, never backed down and wasn't a coward like 99% of the GOP. It was only in the end that he cucked, by not going out on his shield over the election fraud, preferring to just walk away back to his playboy life.

That's why he'll never be truly great. He had a chance to be something more significant but ultimately he didn't really have the conviction to go all the way and risk imprisonment. Compare that to Hitler (who to this very day is talked about, for better or worse) who put his life on the line, did time in jail and kept coming back until he seized ultimate power and made real change (short-lived, but he did save the country from the economic destruction of the Weimar Republic). Since we're on a football board, Trump got America to the 50 yard line before punting while Hitler got Germany inside the 5 yard line before turning it over on downs and dying on the field trying to score. Allegedly.

I realize the Hitler/Trump comparison is usually used by the left to make Trump seem evil, but I actually see parallels between the two that aren't designed to make someone look bad. Both were known for massive rallies with feverishly loyal followers. Both wanted to drastically remake the government and were fighting all the establishment figures of their day. Both were reviled by, and hostile to, the press. Both had a cult of personality. Hitler was just way more serious and had his people in mind while it looks like Trump was at least significantly motivated by personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    I realize the Hitler/Trump comparison is usually used by the left to make Trump seem evil, but I actually see parallels between the two that aren't designed to make someone look bad. Both were known for massive rallies with feverishly loyal followers. Both wanted to drastically remake the government and were fighting all the establishment figures of their day. Both were reviled by, and hostile to, the press. Both had a cult of personality. Hitler was just way more serious and had his people in mind while it looks like Trump was at least significantly motivated by personal gain.
    Ridiculously stupid take

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Ridiculously stupid take
    Are you a Trump supporter, a hater or neither?

Are you a Trump supporter, a hater or neither?
    Well considering i was the first to respond in this thread....

I never got the Hitler comparison. Trump is too self centred and isn’t really interested in governing. It was a lazy comparison by liberal media.

Some people mention his chaotic style, what he was doing was trying to destroy government institutions (deep state) from the top down, by appointing saboteurs as executives. It certainly paralysed the government.

Less taxes. Less regulation. Secure borders. Fairer trade. And he is a fighter
    Oh, you're a supporter. Reality check: Trump sold us out at the end. If the election was a fraud (and I think it was), you go down with guns blazing. In fact, that Capitol siege was a massive blown opportunity. He had almost a million people there. If he truly wanted to stage a reverse coup, they needed a plan. Instead he just told his followers to march peacefully, didn't march with them and went home, and when all his supporters got arrested by the FBI, he didn't pardon a single soul, didn't pardon Assange or Snowden, but he pardoned Little Wayne. Paper tiger. But I'm glad he woke everyone up.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    I never got the Hitler comparison. Trump is too self centred and isn’t really interested in governing. It was a lazy comparison by liberal media.

Some people mention his chaotic style, what he was doing was trying to destroy government institutions (deep state) from the top down, by appointing saboteurs as executives. It certainly paralysed the government.
    The nazi comparison was just lazy. Like calling you racist. Hey, we can’t beat him, so let’s demonize him. Hmm. Hunter is the worst, let’s call him hitler

In reality. The left is more like hitler. Controlling people. Tryin. To silence and eliminate the opposition

That's why he'll never be truly great. He had a chance to be something more significant but ultimately he didn't really have the conviction to go all the way and risk imprisonment. Compare that to Hitler (who to this very day is talked about, for better or worse) who put his life on the line, did time in jail and kept coming back until he seized ultimate power and made real change (short-lived, but he did save the country from the economic destruction of the Weimar Republic). Since we're on a football board, Trump got America to the 50 yard line before punting while Hitler got Germany inside the 5 yard line before turning it over on downs and dying on the field trying to score. Allegedly.
    Between this guy and pickles - quite a thing going down here in the Ravens politics forum. Great place.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Additionally canceled the individual mandate, ended several wars, ended hostility with most major world powers, peace in the Middle East, got out of the Paris climate accord, the WHO... said another way, accomplished more positive in 3 years than any president since Reagan has in 8...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He didn't end any wars

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Less taxes. Less regulation. Secure borders. Fairer trade. And he is a fighter
    I'll never understand how less regulation is a positive thing. Also less taxes, but increased debt. Somebody's gotta pay for it, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont like Trump as a public personality. I dont know him personally, so I cannot comment on that.

I think he's a fairly repugnant human being. He's a womanizer. He's rude. He has zero tact or diplomacy. And the thing I dislike the most about him is his blatant narcissism. Everything is about him and he's the best, the best ever, the greatest ever, the smartest, the toughest, the healthiest, the wealthiest, etc, etc, etc.

Most Americans that voted Democrat voted against what I just listed - not for Joe Biden. That's important to understand.

Now, I think it is important to recognize that all of the things I mentioned above made him a successful real estate and businessman. You have to be all of those things in that world and when you're running a multi-billion dollar business, you can't afford nor do you have the time to exercise a tremendous amount of compassion and empathy.

However, as President...you do need those things. Even if they're veiled or you don't 100% feel that way, it's about perception and projection.

As a politician, I thought his narcissism and arrogance ultimately led to his downfall - particularly during the 2020 campaign. He openly noted several times that he didn't prepare for debates. His townhall sessions were extremely difficult to follow and the guy couldn't just simply answer questions without going into a diatribe about why he is the best. He knowingly/unknowingly rallied/stumped AGAINST Republican candidates in the House and Senate (Arizona and Georgia, for examples) because those that were running on the GOP ticket weren't 100% in for Trump.

Here is where I think those Americans that voted against Trump are total hypocrites though. They claim he's a Nazi, yet there are highly popular Democrat politicians that are about as antisemitic as you can get. They claim he's racist, yet the Democratic Party nominated a guy that sponsored a bill responsible for incarcerating hundreds of thousands of Black Americans and has publicly made numerous racist comments over the years. They claim Trump is in Russia's pocket, but then vote for a guy who has blatantly CLEAR ties to the Chinese Communist Party, Ukraine Oligarchs, and Russian Oligarchs.

All that said - Trump did some really great things as President. Securing the southern border was a big deal - and it still is a big deal. Energy independence was a big deal. There are several others.

Trump's greatest achievement as President was pulling back the curtain on all of the slimy corrupt creatures that have lurked in the DC beltway and in the media for decades without ever getting questioned. He put those people on the hot seat and exposed a lot of them for who they really are. The "Swamp" or the "Establishment" is a real thing and those people are primarily motivated by personal gain and self-preservation. That's why they never go to prison for breaking the law. That's why they're never held accountable. It doesn't matter if they're Democrat or Republican - they're all the same behind closed doors.

A lot of Americans didn't like the chaotic nature of Trump's administration. It seemed like he was constantly changing chiefs of staff, press secretaries, and other cabinet positions. However, I liked that. I liked how chaotic the government was the last 4 years because it meant they weren't accomplishing anything. Though it is sad to admit this, but I think the federal government is at their best when they're in a stalemate, unable to do anything.

I'm not a Republican either - I'm very much Libertarian and these last few years have entrenched me even more there. As an American, I have the right to be left-the-fuck-alone. That is the most important thing for me. Let me do me. Let me earn and provide for my family in the way that I choose to. Let my neighbors do whatever they want to do as long as it doesn't infringe upon me, my family, or my property. That's really it.
    Lol what is this ridiculous narrative that Trump is some genius businessman? He was born with the biggest of silver spoons in his mouth and said his dad "gave him a small loan of a million dollars" to start with LMAOOOOOO.....he's gone bankrupt 6 times which is 6 more times than any average person who voted for him could even afford to go through. And he had a fake University to boot. Trump might be the best/worst fake businessman of all times.