Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Run Game Changes from Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I agree about Bozeman but I don't think Powers' body of work this year was on par with an average starting G. I'll bet someone else starts at RG next year along with a new C. Even with no help next to him from the RT spot, Powers still looked like he was overmatched vs. Buffalo.
    The only thing I'll add her is that he only has a handful of game sof starting experience. In that context, I thought he was actually realyl solid. He definitely has things to work on and he had a rough game against Buffalo, but I'm not going to use his worst game of the year to make a conclusion on him.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Bozeman is average. 40/80 LG. Stanley and Brown are above average. All the rest of the Ravens OL are below average.

If you look at their sparq, you'll see that every Ravens OL, even the good ones - Stanley and Brown - have below average sparq. Stanley is the top one, close to average. Might want to address that. Brown has very low sparq, yet is good, which tells me that size outliers - giants - can be good without high sparq, but average size, low sparq guys are not in the same position.
    Lol, Brown and Stanley are better than "above average". Both are top 5 at their respective positions and the duo is top 3 in the NFL. Armstead/Ramcyck are better and Wills/Conklin are making a case. I think they're better than Schwartz/Fisher

I'm not a big sparq guy, nor is that where I put my evaluation. I'm focused on the film. You can say Brown is good because he's a giant, but that ignores what he does so well and that's expert technical usage of his length and stride pacing in the pass game. HE's an absolute technician at it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

So in other words, get ready for another historic regular season running game, only to watch them get stifled in the playoffs again because they can't pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    So in other words, get ready for another historic regular season running game, only to watch them get stifled in the playoffs again because they can't pass the ball.
    Ain’t the 🍻 cold

How will the run game help then come back from a double digit deficit 😂

So, Does everyone think that if we go offensive line in the draft, it will be at center only and not guard? Are there any guards on peoples radar’s that is worth taking a look at? I noticed a lot of the deaths this year is an offensive tackle and center.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    To give you an example, and I'll include this in the clips - actually hold up SIS did a film room on him adn shows this, check here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI1D09Hn2do&t=211s

Watch that reach block on the 2iT

That is not an easy block in outside zone. He gets there and he just seals.
    Holy shit! The first two plays! Both of them zone runs, and he just teleports to the seal position, with perfect footwork. My man.

Getting him in the second is pure fantasy. This motherfucker is NOT repeat not falling out of the first round. Check out where these Centers went in recent drafts:

Player Year Round Pick
    Cesar Ruiz 2020 1 24
    Garrett Bradbury 2019 1 18
    Frank Ragnow 2018 1 20
    Billy Price 2018 1 21
    Ryan Kelly 2016 1 18
    Cameron Erving 2015 1 19

I want him. He would tie this whole OL together. Like those Cowboys lines with a young Travis Frederick (another 1st-rd Center). DeMarco Murray going for 1800 yards; Zeke Elliott getting 1600. A guy who makes the players around him better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don’t put too much stock in these press conferences, but we’re never going to win a sb doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Translation: Ravens will not be winning any championships for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

8. Re: Run Game Changes from Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The only thing I'll add her is that he only has a handful of game sof starting experience. In that context, I thought he was actually realyl solid. He definitely has things to work on and he had a rough game against Buffalo, but I'm not going to use his worst game of the year to make a conclusion on him.

Lol, Brown and Stanley are better than "above average". Both are top 5 at their respective positions and the duo is top 3 in the NFL. Armstead/Ramcyck are better and Wills/Conklin are making a case. I think they're better than Schwartz/Fisher

I'm not a big sparq guy, nor is that where I put my evaluation. I'm focused on the film. You can say Brown is good because he's a giant, but that ignores what he does so well and that's expert technical usage of his length and stride pacing in the pass game. HE's an absolute technician at it.
    I named categories. Average, Below Average, Above Average.

And those are neutral, unbiased category names. Above Average is the name of the top category.

A lot of the Ravens offensive linemen fall into the Below Average category. A lot of starters in 2020 fall under that category. That's a problem that the Ravens are aiming to fix.

Regarding Giant - sure, yeah. Giant + technical usage of giant size = works. Giant + Usage - Sparq = Works. I think what I was saying was that sparq was necessary unless size outlier - giant. Add technical - coaching - on top of sparq. Sparq measures ceiling unless giant. Generally, more or less.

9. Re: Run Game Changes from Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Translation: Ravens will not be winning any championships for the foreseeable future.

The Ravens have been getting to the playoffs for the last 3 years, and the Ravens need to win all the games in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl. The problem this year was the offensive line, and the Ravens are working to fix the offensive line. Just don't lose games in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I don't think Golladay is a realistic target either. It'll probably be a retread like Marvin Jones or AJ Green. Though, ideally, I'd love a Rams cap casualty like Robert Woods, who can run clean routes, catch without issue, and block his tail off.
    Woods is a god target, and I agree that we should be Loki g at the second tier. Marvin Jones as you mention, Corey Davis...

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Holy shit! The first two plays! Both of them zone runs, and he just teleports to the seal position, with perfect footwork. My man.

Getting him in the second is pure fantasy. This motherfucker is NOT repeat not falling out of the first round. Check out where these Centers went in recent drafts:

Player Year Round Pick
    Cesar Ruiz 2020 1 24
    Garrett Bradbury 2019 1 18
    Frank Ragnow 2018 1 20
    Billy Price 2018 1 21
    Ryan Kelly 2016 1 18
    Cameron Erving 2015 1 19

I want him. He would tie this whole OL together. Like those Cowboys lines with a young Travis Frederick (another 1st-rd Center). DeMarco Murray going for 1800 yards; Zeke Elliott getting 1600. A guy who makes the players around him better.
    All aboard! I’m in...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    The Ravens have been getting to the playoffs for the last 3 years, and the Ravens need to win all the games in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl. The problem this year was the offensive line, and the Ravens are working to fix the offensive line. Just don't lose games in the playoffs.
    The Ravens do need to improve their OL. They needed to do that after the 2019 season as well, but didn’t do it. However, there aren’t enough playmakers on the offense, and the passing game is lacking. They have a much tougher schedule next year. Right now, I agree with posters who think they will go 9-7 next year. At most they will add two OL, so they should be able to fix the OL and address other needs.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare