Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Run Game Changes from Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post
    Great post. I’ve watched a lot of video on Humphrey too and I agree he’s perfect for this offense. I think the question is, where does he go? I could get behind drafting him with our 1st, but part of me wonders if we can trade back into the beginning of the 2nd, get him there and then pick up an extra pick.
    You make a good point. One thing EDC said is he'll look to add draft picks (Shocker - it's the Ravens). They'll do their risk-reward calculation on a trade back if the ythink they can nab him.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm definitely interested in using a round-1 pick on Humphrey.

Then let Bozeman, Powers, Bredeson, and Phillips compete for LG and RG. Given the final lineup we saw, seems likely that Bozeman would be at LG and Powers at RG with Phillips and Bredeson backing them up. Phillips can also be a swing player at OT.
    100% agreed.

Look at the Bills. They had 2 average guards in Felciano and Winters/the dude that just started - too lazy to google - but they had a good LT, C and RT around them.

I think that's the Ravens approach. Get that 1-3-5 spot locked and you can help out 2-4 (granted I think Bozeman and Powers can be above average - Bozeman already is)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Spent a good deal of time this weekend watching Creed Humphrey. Love his fit in this offense. Though I have to say, there's a bit of a falce narrative around him. I keep seeing him get referred to as a mauler and I don't see it. He's super technical on his blocks, he does have a stout anchor, but I find he's calculated in his game. For example, in run blocking he's very patient with his hand strikes. They land well conistently and he does have power to drive, but I don't see him mauling guys. I see caclulation and a stout anchor.

Same in the pass game. Rarely getting knocked back, but mostly through technique + anchor.

Other thing I like about him a lot is he possesses power in all 3 areas of his body, specifically his core. His posture is consistent and that should only help him as he adds strength.
    GWNR, how is his lateral movement? Can he slide? Reach? Pull?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    GWNR, how is his lateral movement? Can he slide? Reach? Pull?
    I've seen him get the dreaded 'not athletic' tag, but I don't see it. Does well in space. I have noticed on a few incidences where he gets out in space and you see his base narrow (similar to how a WR run blocks) so that's an issue, can cause balance issues (always remember - base, balance, power).

But I don't see any limitations getting out in space. Nice thing about Oklahoma's offense is we do a ton fo similar things (which made watching Powers and Brown fun). They will pull G-T and ask their C to down block that whole side like we do in counter. They'll pull G-C instead of G-T in counter. Shit like that.

So I think he'd be comfortable learning the playbook.

To give you an example, and I'll include this in the clips - actually hold up SIS did a film room on him adn shows this, check here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI1D09Hn2do&t=211s

Watch that reach block on the 2iT

That is not an easy block in outside zone. He gets there and he just seals. That's what I mean by him being a technical blocker. He understands his responsibility. As the inside man it's to seal block guys and clear out rushing lanes (aim point is the tackles outside ass cheek - so he needs to keep the cutback lane clear) and he does it with perfection.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    But I think your point remains spot on. There should be no faith or hope in our organization's commitment to a top notch passing game until they show it. We gotta prepare for the fact (and should be used to it by now) that Marvin Jones and AJ Green will be hailed as the new solution to our passing woes.
    Marvin Jones would be a fine signing in my eyes...it's definitely a lower level guy but he would help. Hollywood hopefully will continue to take the next step but they really need that secondary receiver and with respect to the Boykin truthers, nothing I've seen from him in 2 seasons makes me think he's the answer. TY Hilton is another guy I don't hate, just no AJ Green, please.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Marvin Jones would be a fine signing in my eyes...it's definitely a lower level guy but he would help. Hollywood hopefully will continue to take the next step but they really need that secondary receiver and with respect to the Boykin truthers, nothing I've seen from him in 2 seasons makes me think he's the answer. TY Hilton is another guy I don't hate, just no AJ Green, please.
    Agree with this.

6. Re: Run Game Changes from Press Conference

Free Agent Center who can start Week 1 and be above average, and hopefully, top 1/4 PFF.

Unless.

Do we think, do the Ravens think, that a 6'9 giant that I like can be a Center? It seems to me that an OT can be moved to Guard. It doesn't seem quite as likely that any old big OLiner can get out there and start throwing back shotgun snaps without fail. It seems that when we're talking about shotgun snaps, there might be errors there. In 2020, we did see quite a few bad shotgun snaps and those bad snaps were bad plays that hurt the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    I think they are interested in Robinson (or Golladay &/or Godwin) but they're not going to overpay for them. I think they'll lean on the "come play with a first class organization & a franchise qb universally adored by players." I also don't think they'd signal that they're going all in on the receiver position simply from a negotiation/leverage perspective.

I think they'll make a bid for that top notch physical WR but they're not going to get the fanbases hopes up by declaring that in their press conferences.

But I think your point remains spot on. There should be no faith or hope in our organization's commitment to a top notch passing game until they show it. We gotta prepare for the fact (and should be used to it by now) that Marvin Jones and AJ Green will be hailed as the new solution to our passing woes.

Better to be surprised than disappointed by our league worst passing offense going forward.
    I am interested in Margot Robbie but she wont take my calls. The top 5-7 Wrs are going to be way out of the Ravens price range. Ravens are anticipated to have between 15-20m in cap space. The top 3 are going to command over 20m a year. Ravens have no OLB and need some interior OL as well. Ravens may be better off sitting out the beginning of free agency and waiting until all the big dollar spenders blow their wad. There are going to be a lot of good players on the street. There should be some good value after the initial wave.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yeah it sounded more to me like he wants to shore up the Oline and if we can add a receiver, we will, but it's not the top priority. They're going to lose a lot of guys and have to replace them - with minimal cap and we don't even know what that number is. EDC said he's been working on this offseason since May.

DeCosta said: "There's a lot of things that we can do. It's not all about getting the quote unquote No.1 receiver like everyone talks about."DeCosta goes on to say that they would like to get that piece, but there are other things they can do.

DeCosta: "There are certain areas of the team, and it's still early, that we want to improve." Harbaugh said he anticipates having six or seven draft picks and between $15 to $20 million of cap space, but "That's not a lot of money."

Asked about fixing passing game, DeCosta first brings up solidifying the offensive line, just as John Harbaugh did. "We throw the ball a lot less as other teams do and that's by design. We're a running football team. We want to be precise for sure. We want to be more efficient."
    This is the smart thing to do. The Ravens are not going to blow up what they have right now, which is very good, just because some fans want a high-flying passing offense. The Ravens have a winning formula, it needs to be tweaked, not replaced.

Blog Entries

I don’t put too much stock in these press conferences, but we’re never going to win a sb doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You make a good point. One thing EDC said is he'll look to add draft picks (Shocker - it's the Ravens). They'll do their risk-reward calculation on a trade back if the ythink they can nab him.

100% agreed.

Look at the Bills. They had 2 average guards in Felciano and Winters/the dude that just started - too lazy to google - but they had a good LT, C and RT around them.

I think that's the Ravens approach. Get that 1-3-5 spot locked and you can help out 2-4 (granted I think Bozeman and Powers can be above average - Bozeman already is)
    I agree about Bozeman but I don't think Powers' body of work this year was on par with an average starting G. I'll bet someone else starts at RG next year along with a new C. Even with no help next to him from the RT spot, Powers still looked like he was overmatched vs. Buffalo.

I was curious what you all thought about Trystan Colon-Castillo as far as giving him an opportunity to battle for the starting center spot next year. He didnt play much obviously, but I found him to be impressive in his limited snaps. Very young and seems to have all of the physical tools. Did you guys have the same impression on him?

12. Re: Run Game Changes from Press Conference

100% agreed.

Bozeman is average. 40/80 LG. Stanley and Brown are above average. All the rest of the Ravens OL are below average.

If you look at their sparq, you'll see that every Ravens OL, even the good ones - Stanley and Brown - have below average sparq. Stanley is the top one, close to average. Might want to address that. Brown has very low sparq, yet is good, which tells me that size outliers - giants - can be good without high sparq, but average size, low sparq guys are not in the same position.