Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Run Game Changes from Press Conference

How is everyone doing? I listened to this morning’s press conference and it really does sound like EDC is committed to improving the offensive line over going after a #1 WR, which is what I’ve been really hoping for (Allen Robinson). Now that I believe EDC about the offensive line, what do you all think we will do to improve it? Do we take some of the money that we have under the cap and go after one of the big free agent guards that are available now (instead of a WR). Do we draft a Center or Guard early in the draft? Do we do both? In my opinion, I think that I would like to see them go after a Free Agent Guard (Thuney or Screff may be too much but I’m really looking to improve if that’s what we keep saying) and then draft either Humphrey or Dickerson in the second round, if available. I appreciate any feedback or thoughts.

Blog Entries

Re: Run Game Changes from Press Conference

Honestly, it won't matter who Lamar is throwing to if they can't block effectively.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Hard to see the Ravens signing any expensive free agents with this tight cap. So I think the first couple of rounds draft will be dominated by OL picks including a trade down in the first to get back that third rounder.

Blog Entries

yeah it sounded more to me like he wants to shore up the Oline and if we can add a receiver, we will, but it's not the top priority. They're going to lose a lot of guys and have to replace them - with minimal cap and we don't even know what that number is. EDC said he's been working on this offseason since May.

DeCosta said: "There's a lot of things that we can do. It's not all about getting the quote unquote No.1 receiver like everyone talks about."DeCosta goes on to say that they would like to get that piece, but there are other things they can do.

DeCosta: "There are certain areas of the team, and it's still early, that we want to improve." Harbaugh said he anticipates having six or seven draft picks and between $15 to $20 million of cap space, but "That's not a lot of money."

Asked about fixing passing game, DeCosta first brings up solidifying the offensive line, just as John Harbaugh did. "We throw the ball a lot less as other teams do and that's by design. We're a running football team. We want to be precise for sure. We want to be more efficient."

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Hard to see the Ravens signing any expensive free agents with this tight cap.
    Hard to see any free agents making a splash until after the stadiums are filled with fans again. The revenue hit was substantial.

Judon wants $20 million in this market?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

There should be values available at the receiver position because there are actually quite a few good ones on the market (and there will be more after cuts) and there isn't much money to go around. This is a good year to be in the market for a receiver.

7. Re: Run Game Changes from Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    There should be values available at the receiver position because there are actually quite a few good ones on the market (and there will be more after cuts) and there isn't much money to go around. This is a good year to be in the market for a receiver.
    Maybe, but I think Ravens fans should stop dreaming about an Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin in Ravens purple. Unless EDC and Harbs are all-in on a disinformation campaign and they're actually looking to completely revamp the offense instead of sticking to the "running team" identity, which I very much doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Maybe, but I think Ravens fans should stop dreaming about an Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin in Ravens purple. Unless EDC and Harbs are all-in on a disinformation campaign and they're actually looking to completely revamp the offense instead of sticking to the "running team" identity, which I very much doubt.
    I wouldn't bet on either of those guys becoming Ravens but I think they will add a good receiver. Golladay, Marvin Jones, Will Fuller, or some other potential cap casualties feel more like the Ravens' speed. I also think if the COVID cap messes with the value of Robinson/Godwin the Ravens are in a good spot to swoop in, but I don't know how likely that is.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 01-25-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Sounds like they'll be going after a WR that another team needs to let go of to get under the cap...not sure who falls under that category though.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    Sounds like they'll be going after a WR that another team needs to let go of to get under the cap...not sure who falls under that category though.
    Julio Jones or Michael Thomas come to mind.

Spent a good deal of time this weekend watchign Creed Humphrey. Love his fit in this offense. Though I have to say, there's a bit of a falce narrative around him. I keep seeing him get referred to as a mauler and I don't see it. He's super technical on his blocks, he does have a stout anchor, but I find he's calculated in his game. For example, in run blocking he's very patient with his hand strikes. They land well conistently and he does have power to drive, but I don't see him mauling guys. I see caclulation and a stout anchor.

Same in the pass game. Rarely getting knocked back, but mostly through technique + anchor.

Other thing I like abotu him a lot is he possesses power in all 3 areas of his body, specifically his core. His posture is consitent and that should only help him as he adds strength. Some guys (ben Bredeson is one of these) lack core strength and it really hurts their technique in the big leagues. Catching that core strength up to the rest of your body is tough as well.

You go Stanley - Bozeman - Humphrey - Powers - Brown and I think that OL can be great in pass pro.

Powers was a top 5 interior pass blocker in his class. Bozeman was good as well. Humphrey is in this class. We know Stanley and Brown are great.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Spent a good deal of time this weekend watchign Creed Humphrey. Love his fit in this offense. Though I have to say, there's a bit of a falce narrative around him. I keep seeing him get referred to as a mauler and I don't see it. He's super technical on his blocks, he does have a stout anchor, but I find he's calculated in his game. For example, in run blocking he's very patient with his hand strikes. They land well conistently and he does have power to drive, but I don't see him mauling guys. I see caclulation and a stout anchor.

Same in the pass game. Rarely getting knocked back, but mostly through technique + anchor.

Other thing I like abotu him a lot is he possesses power in all 3 areas of his body, specifically his core. His posture is consitent and that should only help him as he adds strength. Some guys (ben Bredeson is one of these) lack core strength and it really hurts their technique in the big leagues. Catching that core strength up to the rest of your body is tough as well.

You go Stanley - Bozeman - Humphrey - Powers - Brown and I think that OL can be great in pass pro.

Powers was a top 5 interior pass blocker in his class. Bozeman was good as well. Humphrey is in this class. We know Stanley and Brown are great.
    Sounds good to me.