Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Morgan Cox released.

Are we really that cash strapped to release him? Why break up the most consistent unit of this team?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: Morgan Cox released.

Oh my God!

Da fuq?I guess they can have Nick Moore for peanuts but what's Cox doing, 1m per year?

4. Re: Morgan Cox released.

From Twitter

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He wasn't released. His contract is up in 2021 and The Ravens aren't bringing him back. The Ravens probably like Nick Moore enough to move on from Cox.

I think they must’ve just really liked what they saw out of Moore and realized if they wanted another 10 years of long snapping perfection that they believed Moore would give them, they had to release Cox because Moore wouldn’t just wait around for Cox to be done. Seems like the money saved is a bonus here.

Blog Entries

The team told him this last week, said they were going in a 'younger direction'. Moore has first dibs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

That's tough. It's like a Wally Pipp situation. Good thing Koch signed an extension in 2020 or I'd worry about him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think they must’ve just really liked what they saw out of Moore and realized if they wanted another 10 years of long snapping perfection that they believed Moore would give them, they had to release Cox because Moore wouldn’t just wait around for Cox to be done. Seems like the money saved is a bonus here.
    Agreed. You don't want to start to make the change AFTER Cox starts skipping snaps back to Koch. He's 34, and all good things come to an end. Moore's 28. I'm sure it's more about the six years in age savings than the $500K in cap savings.

Hopefully it's a smooth transition. If Moore fucks up one single snap next year, people are going to go ballistic.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's tough. It's like a Wally Pipp situation. Good thing Koch signed an extension in 2020 or I'd worry about him too.
    Agreed on both counts.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Cox is at the end of his contract. This seems like it's like the RG3 situation. The player is a free agent this offseason anyway, and the team has decided they won't be brining him back.

Cox's cap number for 2020 was $1.24M. I'm not sure what it would take to resign him, though I assume it would be a similar number. Moore has a cap number of $660k. So maybe they save a little over half a million in cap space.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I hope this doesn't mess up the wolf pack mojo