Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: I swear to goodness.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There’s rated higher, and then there’s 1st in one and 32nd in the other.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    2017&18 were won by teams with higher rated rush offense than pass offense. 2016, the pats were top 7 in both, while being more highly rated passing the ball. The Broncos won almost entirely on defense with neither passing nor rushing being top 13... while the ‘14 pats were a bit better passing than rushing, the ‘13 Seahawks were 29th in passing and 4th in rushing.

So, like I said, until last year, rushing and playing defense still wins most championships... and even last year SF lost the SB as the 2nd team in rushing, 8th in defense and middling in passing. Elite passing does not increase SB winning chances anymore than elite rushing or defense, in fact, measurably less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude, you are purely living in Fantasy land if you do not think (Brady and Manning) no matter the year or team is not an elite level QB from a passing perspective.

Ray Lewis was an old linebacker in 2012, that does not mean that the man was not the best on field brain opposing any defense in 2012.

Peyton manning arm might not have been what it was, but that guy could read and shred any defense.

Stop with the purple glasses crap. Harbaugh and Roman has never had an accomplished Passing scheme and they never will no matter who is the QB or WR.

Listening to Harbaugh say they run every route tree is absolutely fiction. Go watch the chiefs and then compare them to the Ravens and anyone can clearly see the difference in what they are watching.

Rushing, and defense obviously helps but until this team has a marginal passing scheme this team will be boucned every year from the playoffs matching up against the best teams.

They can beat the bad teams all day long.

Not sure what games you are watching because "YES Elite passing teams" do matter and continue to win the superbowl.

I guess its by accident we are seeing Brady vs Mahomes next week in the superbowl right???? lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There’s rated higher, and then there’s 1st in one and 32nd in the other.
    BINGO!

I am not asking for the top 5 passing attack.

If we saw a leap from 32nd just to maybe 15-20 range in passing and still lead in rushing I think the Ravens would be unstoppable with this defense.

I do not think anyone thinks Lamar can ever be on the same level as Mahomes, but if we saw his middle of the league with his talent Jackson would be without a doubt looking at another MVP season

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Dude, you are purely living in Fantasy land if you do not think (Brady and Manning) no matter the year or team is not an elite level QB from a passing perspective.

Ray Lewis was an old linebacker in 2012, that does not mean that the man was not the best on field brain opposing any defense in 2012.

Peyton manning arm might not have been what it was, but that guy could read and shred any defense.

Stop with the purple glasses crap. Harbaugh and Roman has never had an accomplished Passing scheme and they never will no matter who is the QB or WR.

Listening to Harbaugh say they run every route tree is absolutely fiction. Go watch the chiefs and then compare them to the Ravens and anyone can clearly see the difference in what they are watching.

Rushing, and defense obviously helps but until this team has a marginal passing scheme this team will be boucned every year from the playoffs matching up against the best teams.

They can beat the bad teams all day long.

Not sure what games you are watching because "YES Elite passing teams" do matter and continue to win the superbowl.

I guess its by accident we are seeing Brady vs Mahomes next week in the superbowl right???? lol
    I have freely admitted that this season is the outlier.

Peyton did not operate a great passing game during his SB run for Denver, stop moving the goalposts.

By your suggestion, we were fine last year because Lamar led the NFL in passing TD’s the year prior...

Factually, a great passing game has not been in strong correlation with winning SB’s at any time in the history of football prior to 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk