Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: We could only score 3

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    They got 50 yards on a jet sweep with 1 of their WRs who runs a 4.3 and they got 71 with a bump pass behind the LOS to their other WR who runs a sub 4.3.

If you watched that game last night and your takeaway was coaching...

EDIT: Long Long night. Amend - Hill got 71 yards on a slant and Hardman had 50 on a reverse.
    See my sig
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    They got 50 yards on a jet sweep with 1 of their WRs who runs a 4.3 and they got 71 with a bump pass behind the LOS to their other WR who runs a sub 4.3.

If you watched that game last night and your takeaway was coaching...

EDIT: Long Long night. Amend - Hill got 71 yards on a slant and Hardman had 50 on a reverse.
    And if watched and didn't see the influence of good coaching....

Question - how many pre snap penalties did KC have? How many delay of game penalties? How many DPI?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Coaching, coaching, coaching.

KC is well coached. They feasted on everything Buffalo did last night because they attack emerging weaknesses. When Buffalo went Cover-2 they hit the seams. When Buffalo blitzed with man behind they used purposeful motion (not the Ravens dumb BS motion) to bring their elite pass catchers into and through the blitz for quick throws.

That happens during the week in the film room, out on the practice field, and during the game. This is the difference between the NFL's varsity and JV. That's why the Chiefs can still give up 1 sack for 0 yards despite playing with backups all along the OL, against a front four that humiliated our OL.

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL, but that's sort of begging the question because he wouldn't be what he is without coaching. Lamar Jackson came into the league more developed than Mahomes, people forget how raw Mahomes was before Reid coached him up. But now Mahomes is a stronger-armed, smarter version of Brett Favre, while Lamar is no better than he was at Louisville, despite having one of the strongest work ethics in the league. That's on coaching. I could go on and on but it's too depressing.
    That’s a good comparison. Mahomes is what Favre (MVP and all), would have been had he listened more to Holmgren.

We scored 3 and KC could have scored 50 yesterday if they wanted to. Speaks to how far away we actually are because we will have to go through KC for the foreseeable future.

Blog Entries

Mahomes had some of the best raw talent of any QB that has come out of college. That said, let’s not forget what he was coming out- Very raw.

This isn’t just about off-season training. This is about reinforcing that and drilling it home in practice, in the film room, in the gameplan and through the offensive philosophy. This is making it clear an obvious that your QB ascending to the heights as a passer is THEE de facto priority.

Brady does not become Brady under any Coach, in any offense. It takes both. Now, Brady can go to Tampa and do his thing. But Brady ain’t becoming the GOAT under Matt Cavanaugh’s tutelage.

Patrick Mahomes isn’t becoming the best passer in the league, under Greg Roman.

Again, Mahomes had exceptional, raw talent, but he was very raw. You don’t give raw material to some Joe Schmo and get the same sword as you would from one of the world’s top blacksmiths.

Just hearing how the coaching staff plans on basically sticking to their guns is really disheartening. You finally get a great young QB and you really don't plan on developing him into a better passer and becoming a more balanced offense? How was this not always the plan? I think a change in philosophy is in order but I get the fear of changing the team's identity.

I just feel they are going to run this kid into the ground and he'll never get a chance to reach his full potential. If this team doesn't surround him with great talent I would play out my contract if I were him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk