Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Coaching Changes

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Could be good news for Ravens for up and coming coaches looking for opportunities in advancement.
    It's already good news for the Ravens because we're getting two 3rd round picks for David Culley While I do hope he does well in Texas, he was only our "passing game coordinator" (whatever that means?)... Bc

Florida meeting must of be rough...did biscuit give harbs an ultimatum lol

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...gans-qb-coach/

Add another one

Listening to this guy talk last year in interviews was cringeworthy at times. A little bit of a DUD to me. Interested in who they replace him with.
    Weiss started his coaching career as a grad asst with Jim Harbs at Stanford, 2005-8, working with the D and spec teams. Then he joined the Ravens in 2009, first as an asst to Harbs and asst secondary coach. Switched to the offensive side in 2016, as an asst QB coach. In 2018 he was promoted to WR coach; then in 2019 switched over to RBs when Thomas Hammock left.

With his varied background, and Jim Harbs liking him, he could be on a fast-track to a college coordinator job.

Meanwhile Harbs didn't waste any time:

Baltimore Ravens
    @Ravens
    7:54 PM · Feb 21, 2021
    https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1363653260494659585
    Craig Ver Steeg has been promoted to running backs coach.

"Craig is a highly-regarded member of our staff and someone who's served as an integral part of our offense for many years," Head Coach John Harbaugh said.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ng-backs-coach

Ver Steeg was Ray Rice's RB coach at Rugers.

He was on staff at Cincy in the 1990-93 with Harbs & Rex Ryan & Jerry Rosburg & Wink Martindale. The cradle of Ravens coaches. Ver Steeg was at various times QB coach, WR coach, and recruiting coordinator in Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Florida meeting must of be rough – did biscuit give harbs an ultimatum lol
    Biscuit pressured Harbs to fire the RB coach??
    After a season where the RBs gained 1880 yards? And we led the league again in rushing?

Uh, maybe. Seems more likely to me that Jim Harbs recruited Weiss off the staff. Considering their history.

I could also buy that Weiss saw himself being "recruited over" on the coaching staff. Like, when Culley left, Weiss might have thought that his path to either OC or PGC got shorter. But then Harbs brought in Tee Martin and Keith Williams; Weiss's path got longer. Looking ahead, if Roman left next year, I could see Martin moving to QB coach and Williams to WR coach. That would be two senior departures without Weiss moving an inch up the ladder. I could understand him deciding that he needed to switch ladders. Or I could see Jim Harbs pitching to him that it's the right time to switch ladders.

Maybe Williams and Martin can help them figure out which WRs to draft?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell