Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tough loss

Re: Tough loss

Thanks to you all for not rubbing our noses in it. I know other teams fan bases love it at the moment.

LaFleur should definitely have gone for it. I know the offense had gone 3-and-out a couple of times after the defense made plays to get them the ball back, but you still gotta ride-or-die with your MVP QB.

Funny thing is, for those lauding Brady, he completely stunk up the 2nd half the game, throwing 3 INTs on consecutive possessions. The TB defense carried them. Credit him for making his 10th SB, but I think the Chiefs are going to humble TB in the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    LaFleur should definitely have gone for it. I know the offense had gone 3-and-out a couple of times after the defense made plays to get them the ball back, but you still gotta ride-or-die with your MVP QB.

Funny thing is, for those lauding Brady, he completely stunk up the 2nd half the game, throwing 3 INTs on consecutive possessions. The TB defense carried them. Credit him for making his 10th SB, but I think the Chiefs are going to humble TB in the Super Bowl.
    That D is gonna get after this Oline

LT Remmers (0 LT snaps since '16)
    LG Allegretti (7th rounder)
    C Reiter (7th rounder)
    RG Wisniewski (cut by PIT in Nov.)
    RT Wiley (a UDFA guard)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I was stunned he didn't just take off and run on either of those plays as well. He's not Lamar but on both plays it appeared a TD was a high probability but definitely a nice gain at worse.
    Didn't make sense to me either.

5. Re: Tough loss

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    I'm not as optimistic ARod scores there. There are three defenders between him and the goal line (that are close enough to appear in the screencap), with just one potential blocker who, in this shot, is in no position to block. Rodgers has to cover 12 yards and is 37 years-old. He had a good scamper against the Rams after juking Leonard Floyd out of his jock, but he also started that scramble much closer to the goal line.

Now, do I believe he could've gotten 5-9 yards and put the Packers in a more favorable 4th and Goal? Yes. Do I suspect Lafleur would STILL opt for the even-shorter Red Zone Field Goal - also yes. That was a chickenshit move that should tar a coach "chickenshit" for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I'm not as optimistic ARod scores there. There are three defenders between him and the goal line (that are close enough to appear in the screencap), with just one potential blocker who, in this shot, is in no position to block. Rodgers has to cover 12 yards and is 37 years-old. He had a good scamper against the Rams after juking Leonard Floyd out of his jock, but he also started that scramble much closer to the goal line.

Now, do I believe he could've gotten 5-9 yards and put the Packers in a more favorable 4th and Goal? Yes. Do I suspect Lafleur would STILL opt for the even-shorter Red Zone Field Goal - also yes. That was a chickenshit move that should tar a coach "chickenshit" for the foreseeable future.
    I don't think Rodgers scores either, but he gets the ball to inside the five yard line and it makes it a much easier fourth down play to convert.

7. Re: Tough loss

I don't think Rodgers scores either, but he gets the ball to inside the five yard line and it makes it a much easier fourth down play to convert.
    Assuming Lafleur finds his sack, yeah.

Harbaugh gets some weird flack about being "overly conservative" from some posters, but that's objectively horseshit. That said, if Lamar is in that position - knowing Harbaugh's tendency to want to score TDs that close to the endzone (particularly given the game circumstances) - he might be on a much looser leash to take off. Maybe ARod was concerned it was "TD now or FG for sure"? That would certainly curtail his options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That D is gonna get after this Oline

LT Remmers (0 LT snaps since '16)
    LG Allegretti (7th rounder)
    C Reiter (7th rounder)
    RG Wisniewski (cut by PIT in Nov.)
    RT Wiley (a UDFA guard)
    Yeah the loss of Fisher is going to be tough for the Chiefs; will make things a lot closer, but I still think the Chiefs pull it out...

Agree with you & Waywatcher here.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    why didn't he run it in?
    My wife, who rarely watches football, asked exactly the same thing even before the replay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    Yeah the loss of Fisher is going to be tough for the Chiefs; will make things a lot closer, but I still think the Chiefs pull it out...

They could also get Schwartz back.

I'd really wish the refs would call all regular season games like the playoffs. But if you are going to call holding or DPI in the regular season you should call it when it happens in the playoffs. TB got away with way too much of it.

GB had 2 chances after the Int's to take the lead and didn't only to give up a FG. There were a couple of plays in the 1st half where Rodgers would force to ball to Adams. Once was before their FG where to threw to Adams in the back of the end zone but had Lazzard open alone at the goal line.

Then the D's breakdowns killed them.