Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Interesting Trade Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Winning and having a coach people want to play for are two different things.

There are those type of coaches throughout the NFL and the Jets have one of the worst rosters in the entire league.
    With a ton of cap space in what likely will be a suppressed UFA market and all those picks they have, they are poised to clean up over the next few years.

Nothing is assured, but they absolutely have the resources to dramatically improve this roster very quickly.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Winning and having a coach people want to play for are two different things.

There are those type of coaches throughout the NFL and the Jets have one of the worst rosters in the entire league.
    That's not the roster the Jets will have next year. They have $63 million in cap space and a ton of picks. It's going to be a very different group there in 2021. That doesn't automatically mean it will be better but I think Joe Douglas knows what he's doing. He learned from Ozzie and Howie Roseman in Philly.

When Andy Reid went to the Chiefs they were a 2 win team and had the 1st overall pick in the draft. The roster was turned over in 1 year. Suddenly they win 11 games and made the playoffs. You give the right people resources and they can turn around a team very quickly.

If they hire a coach he likes it all calms down. Unless a team wows them with a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lions send Stafford and a 2nd round 2021 pick and a 2nd round 2022 pick to Houston for Deshaun Watson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think both QBs have a no trade clause and neither would want that. Two losing franchises sending their QBs to each other would excite no one except Lions fans.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    He does. So he controls the destination

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Sort of. But he's also the guy demanding the trade. The team doesn't have to trade him. He's under contract for a LONG time. So if he truly wants out, the team might have the leverage to get the best deal, and present him with two options: a) go to the team we decide to trade you to, or b) stay in Houston until 2026.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    If they hire a coach he likes it all calms down. Unless a team wows them with a deal.

tend to agree; especially since he has no leverage other than holding out.

and now Rodgers is questioning whether he will be back with GB. That would be some kind of trade/deal

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It is being discussed that the floor of any Stafford trade is a 1st and a mid round pick. Watson's value is way higher and BOB is no longer making the trade. Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    It is being discussed that the floor of any Stafford trade is a 1st and a mid round pick. Watson's value is way higher and BOB is no longer making the trade. Do the math.
    Depending on the team(slot) I would say that Watson is likely worth three firsts... maybe 4.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lions send Stafford and a 2nd round 2021 pick and a 2nd round 2022 pick to Houston for Deshaun Watson.

No way that's enough for Watson. Dude is 25 and a top 8 QB in the NFL. I would set his value at three 1st round picks from a low drafting team or two 1sts and a 2nd from a high drafting team

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    No way that's enough for Watson. Dude is 25 and a top 8 QB in the NFL. I would set his value at three 1st round picks from a low drafting team or two 1sts and a 2nd from a high drafting team
    If Stafford is considered to be worth a first and a third, this offer is equivalent to a first, 2 seconds and a third. That’s about two firsts.

I think it’s a bit light, but it could make some sense. Depends how much HOU really wants to rebuild va reload. I could see a Dak + a pick or two as well if they want to try and win now as well. Darn old plus 2-3 firsts might be the best combination but it depends on who actually offers what.

Blech. That's a trade where everybody loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    tend to agree; especially since he has no leverage other than holding out.

and now Rodgers is questioning whether he will be back with GB. That would be some kind of trade/deal
    No way Rodgers accepts a trade to the Texans. He will retire first.