Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Jensen

Ryan Jensen

Remind me why we didn't want to pay Ryan Jensen at center and what we replaced him with?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ntless-players

Re: Ryan Jensen

Jensen got massively overpaid, was a penalty machine, and will likely be a cap casualty this offseason

While I was a fan of Jensen's tenacity and I liked him on our line, I'm in agreement with Shrubbs: He got WAY overpaid. There was no way we could pay him what he got paid and the Bucs did overpay for him.

Don't let the Bucs' success fool you into thinking that signing Jensen was the key, and that signing Jensen for the money he got was warranted. Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski are all bigger reasons for their success. Tom Brady more so than anybody. And don't forget, this Bucs team is 11-5 and they got blasted by the Saints' defense in 2 regular season meetings because the OL as a whole couldn't do anything right.

4. Re: Ryan Jensen

He was 18 of 37 centers this year per PFF.

The Ravens should get a better Center than what they have, but better than mediocre. Jensen was mediocre this year, the Ravens Centers were lower mediocre to bad. Upper mediocre to good, short term FA for next year?

I don't trust PFF's grading at all.

For the style offense we’re trying to run, he’s probably an upgrade over what we currently have on the roster.

If he's a cap casualty bring him back on a cheaper deal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If he's a cap casualty bring him back on a cheaper deal
    That’s very likely. Over the Cap has Jensen’s value listed at half of what he is being paid. Ryan Kelly is the only Center in history to get more guaranteed money than Jensen. That was a horrible contract for the Bucs

It is the unfortunate result of being a successful franchise, we consistently develop guys, particularly in later years of their rookie deals that then get paid way more than market value by poor teams. Some of these we could deal with like Rick Wagner, Mosley, every linebacker that played with ray lewis, and some that really hurt where we all felt like would be great players but we couldn't pay them like zadarius smith, kyle fb, and I think Ryan Jenson falls in that group.

Blog Entries

He would be a big upgrade over what we have and wouldn't break the bank. Sign Jensen and draft a guard

Blog Entries

He had one good season here and got overpaid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Remind me why we didn't want to pay Ryan Jensen at center and what we replaced him with?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ntless-players
    MONEY