Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Jensen

Re: Ryan Jensen

Jensen was a far better C in our offense than in Bruce Arians offense. Jensen is a mauler and better run blocker than pass blocker. He would be a huge upgrade for us.

I'd love to see him back on a cap friendly deal. Hated to see him go in the first place but he was nowhere near worth the deal he got.

Now that would be a nice pickup on the cheap! Then we can still draft a top iOL in the 1st or 2nd and have the whole line upgraded with Stanley returning, Orlando moving back to RT and replacing C and one of the guards

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Jensen got massively overpaid, was a penalty machine, and will likely be a cap casualty this offseason
    Why do you stay that? $10m is market price for a top center & I doubt TB12 will want to see the captain of the OL get cut. He was overpaid at the time for his resume, but he's been a great player for them.

If anything, they might extend him to get his cap number down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    Why do you stay that? $10m is market price for a top center & I doubt TB12 will want to see the captain of the OL get cut. He was overpaid at the time for his resume, but he's been a great player for them.

Agreed. Brady has Jensen doing things just like he wants down to the towel in his crack. Gronk, Jensen and a few others likely return with Brady next year

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s?platform=amp

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Remind me why we didn't want to pay Ryan Jensen at center and what we replaced him with?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ntless-players
    We replace players on offense via the draft, we overpay defenders in FA. THIS IS THE WAY

I have no problem not paying Jensen what he got.

I do have a problem that we apparently haven't replaced slightly above average play at Center. We got half a good year of Skura and that's it.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I do have a problem that we apparently haven't replaced slightly above average play at Center. We got half a good year of Skura and that's it.
    I'd love to upgrade at C, but it's not like Gino-Gradkowski-level bad.

Filmstudy has Mekari with 2 A's, a B, and two D's. Skura was horrible in the first Cleveland game, but after that put up 3 A's, 2 B's, 2 C's, and a high D. TCC had a B and a D. Combined, that's...well, better than me in high school.

https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/2...-line-scoring/

Important to note, Ken does not downgrade for botched snaps, so Skura was definitely worse than his grades in a couple games. But as blockers, the group was decent this year. Also for those not familiar with his system, C is actually pretty good, and D is below average but not horrible.

Bad center play went a long way to costing us a playoff game, which of course means people are fired up about finding a new center. But overall, it's not the gaping hole some make it out to be.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

It is a long standing pattern at this point.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Ryan Jensen

Matt Skura, Patrick Mekari, and Trystan Colon-Castillo, the Ravens 3 Centers, were all UDFAs. Bradley Bozeman, who was a Center @ Alabama, was the Ravens 6th round draft pick in 2018 and currently is our starting LG. Really? Should we expect more from this mishmash of Centers on the roster?

SMH... Bc

Why would Jensen be “cheap”?

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post

I say that because he was a mediocre player who set the market. He’s been decent at times but was absolutely out of control with penalties. I can’t find a per player stat, but I remember reading some time ago that he led all linemen in penalties one year. That’s just not a player I want to pay that kind of money.