Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: 2021 Schedule: 2nd Toughest in NFL

why all this love for the neps?

I wonder what free agents KC might lose.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    What is a "deep run"?

Getting through the Wild Card round to the Divisional, or making the conference championship? Or is it making the SB? I keep hearing about deep runs but nobody has ever defined it.

I do remember Bisciotti say in an end of season presser that his year-over-year goal was getting to the Final 8.
    I consider a "deep run" making a conference championship game, even though sometimes you only need to win one game to get there. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Is everyone confident that the Ravens will make the playoffs next season? I'm not.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but the way the Ravens had no answers to the similar way the Titans and the Bills both stopped the run worries me. Won't every team defend the Ravens the same way next year and won't that mean every game becomes the sort of slog we've seen whenever this version of the Ravens struggles to run the ball?

It's too early to say without seeing what they do in the offseason but, at the moment, I can see them going 8 - 8.
    If things don't change drastically, the Ravens under Lamar have consistently shown the ability to beat bad to mediocre teams, sometimes embarrassingly. You can never account for health issues, but that's the same with every team.

Last year at this time, our schedule looked tougher than it turned out to be. Those road games in PHI and HOU were more ominous, and the game against DAL was tabbed as a potential Super Bowi matchup.

I do not expect GB to be nearly as good next year as this year. Their stars are aging and the roster is in bad cap shape.

PIT seems to be a descending organization.

If we get LVR later in the season, Gruden will have coached them into mediocrity by then.

I'm pretty sure that anyone looking at the Saints next year looks at that as a tough game, but their roster might look nothing like what it is now. They are $115 OVER the cap before any RFA tenders or rookie contracts. They legitimately might have to cut 40% of their roster to make under.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-orleans-saints/

They have $120.5m tied up in just six players.

Brees
    Thomas
    Cam Jordan
    Terron Armstead
    Taysom Hill
    Janoris Jenkins.

They also have EIGHT more players with cap figures over $10m.

Their top 16 players in salary count $221.8 against the cap. So they are pushing being $50m over without even counting the other 35-40 on the roster. It's a colossal mess

Ironically, Kamara is not one if those 16.

Makes you appreciate EDC all the more.