Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 01.22.21

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yes, bitter when the Ravens aren't one of the remaining teams, sweet when they are

BTW, the wife and I got our 1st COVID shots (Mederna) on Tuesday, with the follow-up shot scheduled for February 27th... Bc
    Based on the roll out here in CT I'm looking at March before I can schedule mine. I'm not happy but what are you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Based on the roll out here in CT I'm looking at March before I can schedule mine. I'm not happy but what are you going to do?
    GOTA how are you my friend?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I also sold Walmart. My conclusion is that they have already failed in their attempt to innovate and integrate online buying and delivery/pickup into their brick and mortar business. I can tell you a few horror stories, but won't bore you.

Since you mentioned Tesla, I'll put my brag out there. When my son graduated from high school in 2005 my graduation gift to him was two shares of Tesla stock for which I paid about $500. Five and a half years later, with growth and with their 5:1 split, it's now ten shares worth $8,400. I bought a few shares for myself in August and it has already doubled. It's been a good category. Around the same time put some money in Solo and Li and they've also gone up 3x and 2x. PlugPower is up 6x in the same time period. Crazy.
    Very nice!

I actually bought Plug last March at around $3.50. Last week I finally sold it because it was just too crazy. That's the biggest winner I've ever had.

Cleveland Cliffs, a steel producer, is another one that I got last Summer that is really impressive. I love what their new CEO did in buying the American assets of Arcelor Mittal and divesting of many of their foreign holdings. They purchased AK Steel which had been a favorite of mine back in 2019.

XL Fleet is an interesting speculative play that I've been acquiring recently. It's a SPAC that went public recently and that model makes sense for what they do. XL Fleet takes existing vans and light truck fleets and converts them to different types of electric systems. That can anything from hybrid systems to plug in electric. They are working with Ford and GM specifically to expand across the country. Plug was great in getting large retailers to use hydrogen batteries for forklift and warehouse equipment. XL is taking is a step further to work on road work vehicles.

There are lots of interesting things to look at with in this melt up environment. You just have to know when to sell and not be so greedy that you are going to get burned. I've see way too many times when things go down a lot faster than they went up over the past 25 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    GOTA how are you my friend?
    Not as good as you with the Packers. I'm really looking forward to that game. The Packers offense is about as good as you can get right now. I love the depth at RB. You legitimately go 3 deep at that position. I also have a soft spot for Zadarius Smith given what he did as a Raven. Great times for the Packers fans. Enjoy the ride

Not as good as you with the Packers. I'm really looking forward to that game. The Packers offense is about as good as you can get right now. I love the depth at RB. You legitimately go 3 deep at that position. I also have a soft spot for Zadarius Smith given what he did as a Raven. Great times for the Packers fans. Enjoy the ride
    I hope we can pull it off. I’m nervous I can’t lie.

Very nice!

I actually bought Plug last March at around $3.50. Last week I finally sold it because it was just too crazy. That's the biggest winner I've ever had.

Cleveland Cliffs, a steel producer, is another one that I got last Summer that is really impressive. I love what their new CEO did in buying the American assets of Arcelor Mittal and divesting of many of their foreign holdings. They purchased AK Steel which had been a favorite of mine back in 2019.

XL Fleet is an interesting speculative play that I've been acquiring recently. It's a SPAC that went public recently and that model makes sense for what they do. XL Fleet takes existing vans and light truck fleets and converts them to different types of electric systems. That can anything from hybrid systems to plug in electric. They are working with Ford and GM specifically to expand across the country. Plug was great in getting large retailers to use hydrogen batteries for forklift and warehouse equipment. XL is taking is a step further to work on road work vehicles.

There are lots of interesting things to look at with in this melt up environment. You just have to know when to sell and not be so greedy that you are going to get burned. I've see way too many times when things go down a lot faster than they went up over the past 25 years.
    Wow, $3.50 for Plug. That is crazy. It's over $60 now. I got is at around $10 in July. I definitely need to learn when to sell. Bought Solo at $3 and sold a shit ton of it at $6 and now it's at $8. I've seen what you mean about fast falls. I bought Arcturus Therapeutics $50 and six months later it was up to $125. In one week if fell to below what I paid. Thought about buying more then, but froze with indecision. Has climbed to $65 again, now.

RIP Hank Aaron

Our old GM Ted Thompson died yesterday, very sad to hear that.

Yes, bitter when the Ravens aren't one of the remaining teams, sweet when they are

BTW, the wife and I got our 1st COVID shots (Mederna) on Tuesday, with the follow-up shot scheduled for February 27th... Bc
    Great news!! Glad you got the vaccine. I'm eagerly awaiting my turn but I'll likely be in the last group haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreSean View Post
    RIP Hank Aaron
    Hank Aaron was a giant of the sports world. He transcended baseball and is an absolute legend. What a tremendous person. Aaron will be missed. RIP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    BTW, I bought a modest amount of Moderna stock in June at $60 a share, and it's up to $132 a share. Since I started working for myself I discovered Robinhood and have enjoyed messing around in the market. Anyone else using Robinhood to invest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm not using Robinhood but very familiar with it. I've also been killing it the past year, just almost could do no wrong. Some like Tesla up over 700%, NVDA. Even Apple and Amazon up 75%. Bought and flipped Fubo when it went sky high.

I actually sold my boring home depot and walmart...
    I am so you young guys are doing so well. Prior to my retirement (2009) I was quite aggressive when it came to investing. In 2007 I hit a level that satisfied the speculator in me, so I sold out. Yes, lock, stocks, and barrel. My wife asked, "Why did you do that when you were doing so well?" I replied, "I'm like a horse that won the race, why should I keep running?" We are living a grand retirement, even though there are investments that are tempting, but I'm sticking to my plan. I wish all of you the very best whether it comes to money, health, or happiness... Bc

I am so you young guys are doing so well. Prior to my retirement (2009) I was quite aggressive when it came to investing. In 2007 I hit a level that satisfied the speculator in me, so I sold out. Yes, lock, stocks, and barrel. My wife asked, "Why did you do that when you were doing so well?" I replied, "I'm like a horse that won the race, why should I keep running?" We are living a grand retirement, even though there are investments that are tempting, but I'm sticking to my plan. I wish all of you the very best whether it comes to money, health, or happiness... Bc
    Young guys. Ha.

Lucky/good on you for getting out in 2007 right before the market fell, what, 800% in 2008?