Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 01.22.21

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I am so you young guys are doing so well. Prior to my retirement (2009) I was quite aggressive when it came to investing. In 2007 I hit a level that satisfied the speculator in me, so I sold out. Yes, lock, stocks, and barrel. My wife asked, "Why did you do that when you were doing so well?" I replied, "I'm like a horse that won the race, why should I keep running?" We are living a grand retirement, even though there are investments that are tempting, but I'm sticking to my plan. I wish all of you the very best whether it comes to money, health, or happiness... Bc
    Bc that's where I am as well. I have a target and then I'm done. I still have a ways to go but not a long ways...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreSean View Post
    RIP Hank Aaron
    Yes indeed, RIP!

People on Twitter are already pointing out that he got the Covid vaccine on Jan 5th like that's the reason.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Young guys. Ha.

Lucky/good on you for getting out in 2007 right before the market fell, what, 800% in 2008?
    Yes, history/circumstances must take time before being evaluated. The bank I worked for merged with another approximately the same size. Technology was hit hard with lay-offs. I knew as they peeled the layers off the onion they'd get to me (they actually didn't until July 2009). Anyway it was the week before Thanksgiving 2007 and I made up my mind to completely sell out (thinking my working days were numbered), so I sold all my individual stocks including those in my 401K plan. I never imagined what would happen in 2008, but was satisfied with what I'd accomplished over the prior 30 years. To give you some idea, since 2009 the wife and I have been to Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Vienna, and Budapest, we saw the Grand Canyon, fed the giraffes in the san Diego zoo, spent a day in Disneyland, tasted sea food on Fisherman's Wharf (San Francisco), tasted wine in both the Napa and Sonoma valleys, had a southern dinner @ Magnolia's in Charleston, spent 4 days in Vancouver then boarded the Coral Princess for the Alaska cruise, finally last February (before the COVID outbreak) 8 days with friends on a tour of Panama (including going through the canal). We planned to go to Barcelona, Madrid, and Lisbon last Summer, but everything was rightfully canceled. Alas, this year looks like a wash-out too... Bc

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

BC: Have a Jack or 2 after those shot aftereffects! Have you had the Shingles shots yet? A must for us old farts.

Investing: The wife and I are avid market investors. Have a great FA (FNFD in DC), but get a lot of advice from her Uncle. Guy is a financial genius and was featured in CNN Money. He anticipated the 2008 crash and sold everything just prior. https://money.cnn.com/2014/06/07/inv...g-oracle-ohio/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I am so you young guys are doing so well. Prior to my retirement (2009) I was quite aggressive when it came to investing. In 2007 I hit a level that satisfied the speculator in me, so I sold out. Yes, lock, stocks, and barrel. My wife asked, "Why did you do that when you were doing so well?" I replied, "I'm like a horse that won the race, why should I keep running?" We are living a grand retirement, even though there are investments that are tempting, but I'm sticking to my plan. I wish all of you the very best whether it comes to money, health, or happiness... Bc
    Nothing wrong with cashing in and licking in a profit.

I also don’t think you can be in unless you are doing constant research. If that’s not something you you are 100% committed to then you are better off not investing in any individual stocks.

Your approach seems reasonable to me. The results in your lifestyle certainly sounds great.

Blog Entries

Oleander moth over a doodlebug hole. See the eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Many may have seen this fact on social media, but who else took a moment at 9:21 last night to take special note of the 21st minute of the 21st hour of the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century?
    And on the 21st day Biden gives Iran back its nuclear program. On the 21st month after, boom!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Nothing wrong with cashing in and licking in a profit.

I also don’t think you can be in unless you are doing constant research. If that’s not something you you are 100% committed to then you are better off not investing in any individual stocks.

Your approach seems reasonable to me. The results in your lifestyle certainly sounds great.
    I’m mostly etfs and love it although they are leveraged. Haven’t researched a stock in 5 years.
    So much free time for other stuff.

Blog Entries

Robinhood is down

Blog Entries

what do you day traders think of the whole gamestop thing? reddit power

Blog Entries

I haven't really followed it. I feel like there is a lot of irrational hype-driven investing out there with more people in the market. Tesla is probably another example (which I have benefited from). I have some money in Genius Brands, who created Kartoon Network and has Arnold Schwarzenegger behind it, and is licensed to create shows based on Stan Lee characters. It's been crazy up and down. Short sellers were engaged in a negative PR campaign to drive the price down...at least that is what seemed to be going on. Note, I'm no day trader. Nowhere near that volume of activity. Just messing around.