Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

McClain: I expect David Culley to be hired over Leslie Frazier as Texans coach

Re: McClain: I expect David Culley to be hired over Leslie Frazier as Texans coach

Culley, the Ravens’ assistant head coach/passing game coordinator who also coaches wide receivers, impressed the Texans with his personality, confidence, preparedness and what they believe is an ability to stand in front of his players and command the room.
    Hiring Culley would be an outside-the-box decision, considering he’s never been a coordinator. Included in his 27-year coaching career was working 16 years with Andy Reid at Philadelphia and Kansas City.
    Culley, who has coached receivers and quarterbacks in the NFL, was considered a dark horse candidate when initially contacted for his Zoom interview. The more time the Texans spent talking with him, the more he impressed them in every possible manner.
    The more the Texans delved into Culley’s coaching career and received so many strong recommendations, the more they’ve considered him as their next head coach.

Re: McClain: I expect David Culley to be hired over Leslie Frazier as Texans coach

I hope that's true. It might mean the Ravens will be picking in the first this year after all. I don't think DeCosta would have been able to resist trading down to pick up a third otherwise.

That's a rough hire if so, that would take an already pissed off fanbase and push them into a full on meltdown. I don't understand how you explain a Culley over Bieneimy hire. Both are from the Andy Reid tree but Bieniemy has been an OC and won a Super Bowl in that role.

Whether it makes sense to the Texans or not... it will be a PR nightmare for them if Bieniemy repeats this year as OC

Love it! Take him! Rather have the picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    That's a rough hire if so, that would take an already pissed off fanbase and push them into a full on meltdown. I don't understand how you explain a Culley over Bieneimy hire. Both are from the Andy Reid tree but Bieniemy has been an OC and won a Super Bowl in that role.

Whether it makes sense to the Texans or not... it will be a PR nightmare for them if Bieniemy repeats this year as OC
    Reading the comments on Twitter, Texans fan are ready to riot or quit rooting for the team if Culley gets the nod over Bieniemy.

Bizarre. Ravens WR coach and passing game coordinator... who's young WR's struggled and passing game declined to near the bottom of the NFL. What has he done lately to warrant a sudden surge into HC consideration? I don't get it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Bizarre. Ravens WR coach and passing game coordinator... who's young WR's struggled and passing game declined to near the bottom of the NFL. What has he done lately to warrant a sudden surge into HC consideration? I don't get it at all.
    seems like hes a more of a CEO type like harbs

McClain be right and we get a third round pick this year and next for the hire of a minority HC

At the age of 65 he must be the oldest first time head coach by a mile. Good for him! And even better for us. Let’s get a young OC mind from college to work with Lamar as our pass game coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    At the age of 65 he must be the oldest first time head coach by a mile. Good for him! And even better for us. Let’s get a young OC mind from college to work with Lamar as our pass game coordinator.
    The only thing that makes sense to me is Deshaun Watson really likes Culley and Texans are hoping he drops his trade demand.