Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GOP might be done

I know several in here have expressed frustration with the GOP. Today I saw a posting from Rush Limbaugh. Questioning why the republicans were sending out fund raising emails to fight the dems. He was basically saying why is anyone still part of that party. Rush has 25 million listeners.

Then a few mins later, I see that Trump floated the idea of starting a new party. Called The Patriot Party.

I cut ties with the GOP few years ago. Many of my friends are talking about not voting for the GOP anymore.

Dems should have power for at least a decade.

Blog Entries

Re: GOP might be done

The same comments were made in 2009 when the housing market crashed and Obama took office. 2 years later the GOP took control of the House. Politics moves in cycles because people are never happy. The GOP will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    The same comments were made in 2009 when the housing market crashed and Obama took office. 2 years later the GOP took control of the House. Politics moves in cycles because people are never happy. The GOP will be back.
    But No one was leaving the party then. This time, the party left trump and his supporters. The GOP is going after independents and pushing away conservatives.

It could go either way, but I predict the GOP is done

Blog Entries

I say good. The GOP is part of the problem. Too many of them are part of the swamp and, realistically, have the same self-preservation interests that other known corrupt politicians. Mitch McConnell is no different than Nancy Pelosi.

These people talk a good game, but when push comes to shove, it's self before country. It's party before people.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The GOP was virtually dead back in 2015 when it ran Rubio, Cruz, Jeb, etc. Then a 3rd party guy with 4 decades of celebrity behind him entered the race and flattened all of them easily. Had Trump not arrived, any of those candidates would have been slaughtered by Hillary with ease. So there is no viable Republican party. Trump is the only viable movement in the U.S. that can defeat the Democrats, which he did twice. The problem with "the Patriot Party" idea is that it can only work if elections are real. We're almost 3 months removed from the last election and not one single problem was corrected, which means it isn't going to be corrected, which means voting doesn't matter anymore.

They will always not be done as long as the Democrats keep screwing up. This whole impeachment thing will not hurt the long established and safe seat Democrats but hurt the ones that are not. And those ones don't care. They are just out for revenge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I say good. The GOP is part of the problem. Too many of them are part of the swamp and, realistically, have the same self-preservation interests that other known corrupt politicians. Mitch McConnell is no different than Nancy Pelosi.

These people talk a good game, but when push comes to shove, it's self before country. It's party before people.
    Truth. The contest between the two parties has become a race to the bottom. The first one to remake themselves is going to be the dominant party for generations. I don't get why party leadership is too shortsighted to see that.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    They will always not be done as long as the Democrats keep screwing up. This whole impeachment thing will not hurt the long established and safe seat Democrats but hurt the ones that are not. And those ones don't care. They are just out for revenge.
    I would bet a month's pay the GOP wins the midterms in 2022.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I know several in here have expressed frustration with the GOP. Today I saw a posting from Rush Limbaugh. Questioning why the republicans were sending out fund raising emails to fight the dems. He was basically saying why is anyone still part of that party. Rush has 25 million listeners.

Then a few mins later, I see that Trump floated the idea of starting a new party. Called The Patriot Party.

I cut ties with the GOP few years ago. Many of my friends are talking about not voting for the GOP anymore.

People are frustrated with the 2 party system period. I was a dem until 2010. Haven't voted since 2008.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I would bet a month's pay the GOP wins the midterms in 2022.
    Agreed. I think the GOP takes the House and Senate in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

More true now than ever. The GOP is akin to the Clinton administration and the Democrats are straight Marxist now

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post

I do suspect if trump starts a party it will immediately be the most successful third party as long as the political operators are willing to work for it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk