Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Spicy Harbaugh is best Harbaugh

DeCosta: "Players want to play with Lamar Jackson. I really do laugh at the notion that players don't want to come here and play with him."

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Ain’t no wr gonna come here lol

Did anyone ask decosta how the ravens plan to come back from deficit if the defense had an off night in the playoffs?

What will they run then lmao

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    DeCosta: "Players want to play with Lamar Jackson. I really do laugh at the notion that players don't want to come here and play with him."
    Because the issue isn’t wanting to come play with Lamar DeCosta. The issue is wanting to play in this offense.

Blog Entries

Someone explain to me how this passing offense, with these WRs, is going to become significantly more efficient, when they spend most of their practice time on their rush offense and the WRs get so few reps in-game.

How are they going to improve to become significantly more efficient? 2019 is not walking through that door again. Teams are no longer so taken aback by our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Someone explain to me how this passing offense, with these WRs, is going to become significantly more efficient, when they spend most of their practice time on their rush offense and the WRs get so few reps in-game.

How are they going to improve to become significantly more efficient? 2019 is not walking through that door again. Teams are no longer so taken aback by our offense.
    From what I’m reading here is that once they improve the o line the passing offense will thrive in the playoffs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    From what I’m reading here is that once they improve the o line the passing offense will thrive in the playoffs
    Somehow, some talk as though spending significant practice time and focus on developing a passing offense, isn’t necessary in order to do so. Lamar can learn improvements in the off-season and the WRs can work on their routes and, with most of practice, most of the gameplan and most of the philosophy focused on the run, those guys will just retain everything they learned in the off-season, all throughout the season and even in the playoffs.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-25-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Somehow, some talk as though spending significant practice time and focus on developing a passing offense, isn’t necessary in order to do so. Lamar can learn improvements in the off-season and the WRs can work on their routes and, with most of practice, most of the gameplan and most of the philosophy focused on the run, those guys will just retain everything they learned, all throughout the season and even in the playoffs.
    And when the slightest bit of turbulence hits the revamped passing offense, the plans to open up the passing game will be scrapped and the offense will go back to being 60%+ runs. And Harbaugh will talk about Lamar "getting back to who he is" which is code for him running the ball 15 times a game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    And when the slightest bit of turbulence hits the revamped passing offense, the plans to open up the passing game will be scrapped and the offense will go back to being 60%+ runs. And Harbaugh will talk about Lamar "getting back to who he is" which is code for him running the ball 15 times a game.
    And posters will say, ‘Well, we tried and look at what happened’. Then, they’ll go on about how we don’t have the pieces. Even though, in this offense, we’ll never have the pieces, because we won’t be able to successfully develop them and no high quality ready made pieces will want to come here.

And posters will say, ‘Well, we tried and look at what happened’. Then, they’ll go on about how we don’t have the pieces. Even though, in this offense, we’ll never have the pieces, because we won’t be able to successfully develop them and no high quality ready made pieces will want to come here.
    If the organization gets serious about making the offense balanced, there will be growing pains and patience will be required as the process plays out. I'm willing to put up with it after watching the Ravens in the playoffs the past two seasons.

I want to see a Super Bowl run and not just be happy to make the playoffs like the Browns. Adding a number one wide receiver, beefing up the interior o-line and revising the passing schemes, there shouldn't be any reason why the offense can't be more versatile and playoff ready.

Blog Entries

How can you possibly believe that your Head Coach is prioritizing your QB’s growth as a passer when he’s talking like this about the aspect of the offense, AND one of the top positions, most tied to that growth?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    If the organization gets serious about making the offense balanced, there will be growing pains and patience will be required as the process plays out. I'm willing to put up with it after watching the Ravens in the playoffs the past two seasons.

I want to see a Super Bowl run and not just be happy to make the playoffs like the Browns. Adding a number one wide receiver, beefing up the interior o-line and revising the passing schemes, there shouldn't be any reason why the offense can't be more versatile and playoff ready.
    Fans don’t want to embrace the growing pains. Neither does the organization. But when his growth doesn’t end up close to where it could, it’ll be because he just didn’t have it to begin with. Which is disingenuous at best.

This is why I’ve long said that Baltimore fans largely don’t want a high quality passing QB or offense, because they don’t want to deal with the growing pains involved in developing one.

Think about how many fans have defended Roman by saying, ‘Well, last year against the Titans, Roman tried to open up the passing offense and people said he panicked’

We don’t want him to just wait until the biggest game of the year to go empty on first and throw more than ever, and think it will somehow work.

We want to see that throughout the season if he’s gonna do and truly hone it.

But we get run over by Henry and half the city panics about our run defense and the organization is right along with them.