Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Spicy Harbaugh is best Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The offensive line definitely got handled in the game. Particularly that right side. I don’t think that’s lost on anyone. I don’t think anyone is implying that if they bring in Allen Robinson, but don’t improve the line, they’ll be fine.

The sentiment is that if they think that improving the line alone, without significantly changing anything else about their personnel or approach, is going to lead us to the promise land, they are stubbornly mistaken.
    Disagree.

Well – excuse me, my answer presupposes that whatever personnel changes we make, Lamar is also working his ass off this offseason to shore up the holes in his game.

That's it! His new nickname is now John Jalapeño

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    That's it! His new nickname is now John Jalapeño
    Harbapeño.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Came off a bit arrogant if you ask me. I think Harbs is so stubborn and hard headed to admit faults. Hard to accept this kinda cocky when he hasn’t done anything prior to Jackson since Ray and Reed left.

I will be raked over the coals for this but I think the mutiny was the best thing to happen in 2012 and With the leadership of Ray and guys like Reed and Suggs is what carried this team not Harbs and his mighty men coaching style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Harbaugh is LJ's biggest fan and I think he is sick and tired of hearing the same old shit about how the LJ will never win the way that he plays. I like it. Teams take on the personality of their coach. Harbaugh with a chip on his shoulder could be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think Harbaugh is LJ's biggest fan and I think he is sick and tired of hearing the same old shit about how the LJ will never win the way that he plays. I like it. Teams take on the personality of their coach. Harbaugh with a chip on his shoulder could be a good thing.
    I’m an LJ fan too. But there’s area that the Ravens could fill on the team to help LJ progress as well as LJ putting the work in as well.
    If you have former players and current HOFers criticizing the offense and way it’s scheme is vanilla I’m going to take their word for it.
    This team needs better WR play, a better passing game and a better Oline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It just reeks of defensive and sensitive arrogance. As if a WR couldn’t possibly believe that the ball being in his hands more could help the team win. As if WR is the only position where players care about stats.

It’s the bile from every WR troupe you can think of.

Coach Harbaugh, you won a Super Bowl with Anquan Boldin. Anquan Boldin used to get into shouting matches with Ken Whisenhunt over not getting the ball enough. Would you say that Anquan Boldin only cares about stats?

If anybody wants to know one reason why the Ravens haven’t developed any top WRs, this is how the Head Coach feels about WRs and about the position. As if they aren’t all that important. And thus, this is also one reason why our QB’s passing abilities never develop to their best. This is one reason why the WRs on our own team are frustrated and have been. This is one reason why when they had Crabtree, Brown and Snead, only one of them stayed. Crabtree, to be fair, was not very good by that point in his career.

It’s just frustrating that I keep hearing this talk about what the QB needs to do to get better, what the WRs needs to do to get better. Yet, this is how the Head Coach feels about WR. Like, nobody is actually detailing HOW this improvement will come about, outside of talk of adding a passing game coordinator, when we already have one, and somehow hoping (?) that Roman will listen to his input?

I hope that this is just a big smokescreen and if it is, I’ll be the first to come back here and take my lumps. But I fail to see how Jackson is going to even come close to reaching his ceiling as a passer when the Head Coach has this mindset toward the passing offense and one of the primary positions that will affect Jackson’s growth.

It’s not 2019 anymore okay? Defenses and coaches are not in awe of this new-fangled offense and Lamar. They still fear Lamar’s running ability to a considerable degree, but we’re not going to see wide open guys with such frequency anymore, with defenders frozen in terror looking at Lamar.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-24-2021 at 06:23 PM.

It just wreaks of defensive and sensitive arrogance.
    "Reeks".

reek verb
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reek
    intransitive verb
    1: to emit smoke or vapor
    2a: to give off or become permeated with a strong or offensive odor
    a room reeking of incense
    b: to give a strong impression of some constituent quality or feature
    a neighborhood that reeks of poverty

As opposed to:

wreak verb
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wreak
    transitive verb
    1: BRING ABOUT, CAUSE
    wreak havoc
    2a: to cause the infliction of (vengeance or punishment)
    barchaic : AVENGE
    3: to give free play or course to (malevolent feeling)

It just wreaks of defensive and sensitive arrogance. As if a WR couldn’t possibly believe that the ball being in his hands more could help the team win. As if WR is the only position where players care about stats.

It’s the bile from every WR troupe you can think of.

Coach Harbaugh, you won a Super Bowl with Anquan Boldin. Anquan Boldin used to get into shouting matches with Ken Whisenhunt over not getting the ball enough. Would you say that Anquan Boldin only cares about stats?

If anybody wants to know one reason why the Ravens haven’t developed any top WRs, this is how the Head Coach feels about WRs and about the position. As if they aren’t all that important. And thus, this is also one reason why our QB’s passing abilities never develop to their best. This is one reason why the WRs on our own team are frustrated and have been. This is one reason why when they had Crabtree, Brown and Snead, only one of them stayed. Crabtree, to be fair, was not very good by that point in his career.

It’s just frustrating that I keep hearing this talk about what the QB needs to do to get better, what the WRs needs to do to get better. Yet, this is how the Head Coach feels about WR. Like, nobody is actually detailing HOW this improvement will come about, outside of talk of adding a passing game coordinator, when we already have one, and somehow hoping (?) that Roman will listen to his input?

I hope that this is just a big smokescreen and if it is, I’ll be the first to come back here and take my lumps. But I fail to see how Jackson is going to even come close to reaching his ceiling as a passer when the Head Coach has this mindset toward the passing offense and one of the primary positions that will affect Jackson’s growth.

It’s not 2019 anymore okay? Defenses and coaches are not in awe of this new-fangled offense and Lamar. They still fear Lamar’s running ability to a considerable degree, but we’re not going to see wide open guys with such frequency anymore, with defenders frozen in terror looking at Lamar.
    Like on the one hand, I expect Harbs to come to the defense of the team to the media. On the other hand there should be no more threads about the failure to develop WR's because Harbaugh admits they won't be seeing a lot of targets and I'm not sure how exactly you expect to develop any position when it barely gets used.

Harbaugh has reached his ceiling. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    Harbaugh has reached his ceiling. Hope I'm wrong.
    As a SB-winning HC, and NFL Coach of the Year?

I mean: sure. But....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    "Reeks".

reek verb
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reek
    intransitive verb
    1: to emit smoke or vapor
    2a: to give off or become permeated with a strong or offensive odor
    a room reeking of incense
    b: to give a strong impression of some constituent quality or feature
    a neighborhood that reeks of poverty

As opposed to:

wreak verb
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wreak
    transitive verb
    1: BRING ABOUT, CAUSE
    wreak havoc
    2a: to cause the infliction of (vengeance or punishment)
    barchaic : AVENGE
    3: to give free play or course to (malevolent feeling)
    Thank you Jim. The correction has been made.

12. Re: Spicy Harbaugh is best Harbaugh

Thank you Jim. The correction has been made.
    You can tell Ex is low-key "SQUEEING" in excitement that Jim took him off ignore. =)