Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Spicy Harbaugh is best Harbaugh

How can you not see that this guy could grow as a passer and be here winning games for 15 years, rather than us having to look for his replacement in five? Extension or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How can you not see that this guy could grow as a passer and be here winning games for 15 years ...
    -- If only he could have some time in the pocket to throw.

It starts off by not snapping the ball over his head.... I know it's silly to keep repeating this but if you can't snap the ball right nothing else matters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    It starts off by not snapping the ball over his head.... I know it's silly to keep repeating this but if you can't snap the ball right nothing else matters.

That’s a symptom of a bigger issue (In my opinion) Devaluing the iOL much like several other offensive positions.

I guess I’ve not been harping on the what, as much as I’ve been harping on the why and how.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post

Snaps were fine in 2019, we had a top 5 OL. How did that go in the playoffs? If we have no talent at WR teams will continue to just load up the box in the postseason, dare us to throw outside, and we will struggle to ever find our footing on offense.

The OL needs a new Guard or new Center, that much is clear. But that is not going to fix the offense. They need a top end WR as well. They need both. They can get both. Draft the G/C in the 1st, sign the WR in FA.

Fans don’t want to embrace the growing pains. Neither does the organization. But when his growth doesn’t end up close to where it could, it’ll be because he just didn’t have it to begin with. Which is disingenuous at best.

This is why I’ve long said that Baltimore fans largely don’t want a high quality passing QB or offense, because they don’t want to deal with the growing pains involved in developing one.

Think about how many fans have defended Roman by saying, ‘Well, last year against the Titans, Roman tried to open up the passing offense and people said he panicked’

We don’t want him to just wait until the biggest game of the year to go empty on first and throw more than ever, and think it will somehow work.

We want to see that throughout the season if he’s gonna do and truly hone it.

But we get run over by Henry and half the city panics about our run defense and the organization is right along with them.
    I do agree that more practice time needs to be spent on a dynamic passing offense. We also need more in game, regular season time devoted to showing other teams we have a quick-pass offense ready that can be used if they drop 7 or 8 back in zone. Or if our offensive line is being manhandled, then we need to show we can dump it off to the running back before Lamar gets sacked. Lamar needs to be able to throw quick passes to the sidelines. He's also gonna need to be able to read deceptive linebackers and dbs that go off script. He's been fooled by that multiple times (Buffalo being the dagger).

I don't think we need to worry about how many yards Lamar gets passing. We just need to be able to switch to a dynamic passing attack when the run is taken away. One that can adapt to whatever defense the other team is showing. Having that kind of passing offense will take more practice reps, and some more regular season time.

If the Ravens showed off an efficient, quick-pass offense the last two games of the regular season each year, I think they'd be able run far better in the playoffs because teams would have to account for that type of passing. Instead, they (Buffalo, Tennessee, Chargers) continue to force us into it, and we haven't practiced/used it enough.

Caveat: I'm pretty sure the amount of time I think needs to spent on this, and the amount Ex thinks we need are worlds apart. :)

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    .@Ravens admirably patched together a banged-up offensive line, but the middle/right side got abused by Bills.

2020 grade vs Bills grade
    LT Brown: B vs B
    LG Bozeman: B vs A
    C Mekari: C vs F*
    RG Powers: B- vs F
    RT Phillips: D vs F
    RT Fluker: D+ vs F

(Source @FilmstudyRavens)
    Not keeping Wilson was an F-

Saying that the Ravens should address more than one of the positions on OL and that Lamar should git gud does not mean that people don't want to see a great passing offense. Like does anyone think best offenses of all time didn't have great OL? The fact is that all of the iOL are just interchangable maulers who lack upside. Guess what happens on obvious passing downs? Even teams that didn't have good pass rush could just bring their best pass rusher or their edge rusher inside and have them win inside against less athletic mauler OL.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Snaps were fine in 2019, we had a top 5 OL.
    We did NOT have a top-5 OL in 2019, I don't care what the statistics said. Lamar and the scheme made the rest of that unit look better than it really was.

We had a great LT, and an aging end-of-the line star at RG. The LG and C were replacement-level. I don't care that Orlando was awarded a trop to the Pro Bowl, he was a one-dimensional player. Great length and solid positional understanding; no bend and no mobility. Average, depending on the matchup: avg-plus against some, avg-minus against others.
    (Orlando was more impressive this year, even without the Pro Bowl nod, at least to my eye.)

How did that go in the playoffs?
    How it went in the playoffs is our overrated OL got dominated by the Titans 3 IDL. They didn't even stack the box: didn't have to. They controlled the LOS with their font-line guys, and were able to put numbers in coverage.

The OL needs a new Guard or new Center, that much is clear. But that is not going to fix the offense. They need a top end WR as well. They need both. They can get both. Draft the G/C in the 1st, sign the WR in FA.
    I'd be fine with both. If we get a G/C in the 1st rd, I'm not going to bitch about also getting a good FA WR. That could help too.

Esp if it's a guy with enough "status" to force Lamar to throw the ball to him. Spreading the ball around would benefit the whole offense.

Blog Entries

Now Jim doesn’t care what stats said......

Now Jim doesn’t care what stats said......
    Lmao 😂

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Lmao 😂
    Baldy and Ex: “So, how was Roman’s passing offense in San Fran?”

Jim: “Oh, you mean the one that was ranked ten spots beyond first in the league in passing efficiency DVOA accuracy percentage?”