Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Anyone still doubt the Politics of Covid?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe it's all BS posturing. Time will tell.

I'll say this though, even if gas prices go up, with a lot of companies still reeling from COVID and a lot of people working remotely, there won't be as much of a demand for gas because people aren't driving as much.
    True but airfare will increase, which will only hurt the airlines further. The RV industry relies on low gas prices. Last year the RV buying exploded as did boat sales due to the covid. If gas prices increase greatly, there will be a ton of lightly used RV's for sale this year at great prices. I was at Pete's Cycle shop last year early spring and they said they were selling jet skis and small motorcycles like hotcakes cause the parents wanted to get their kids out of the house and out of their hair due to being home during covid. They couldn't keep any in stock. They said sales were slow for about 2 weeks early when covid hit, but after that, business was great. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    True but airfare will increase, which will only hurt the airlines further. The RV industry relies on low gas prices. Last year the RV buying exploded as did boat sales due to the covid. If gas prices increase greatly, there will be a ton of lightly used RV's for sale this year at great prices. I was at Pete's Cycle shop last year early spring and they said they were selling jet skis and small motorcycles like hotcakes cause the parents wanted to get their kids out of the house and out of their hair due to being home during covid. They couldn't keep any in stock. They said sales were slow for about 2 weeks early when covid hit, but after that, business was great. Go figure.
    Boats were the same. Couldnt keep them in stock. I boat a boat new in 2017. I could sell it for more today, than I paid for it 4 years ago

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Boats were the same. Couldnt keep them in stock. I boat a boat new in 2017. I could sell it for more today, than I paid for it 4 years ago
    That's what I heard. Thought about selling one or 2 of my boats this fall cause it was a seller's market. May be a demand for smaller, more fuel efficient boats next year, which is what I have. I hardly even used my boats this year. Bad year all around.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    That's what I heard. Thought about selling one or 2 of my boats this fall cause it was a seller's market. May be a demand for smaller, more fuel efficient boats next year, which is what I have. I hardly even used my boats this year. Bad year all around.
    That’s a shame. I used my boat more this summer, than the last two summers a combined

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe it's all BS posturing. Time will tell.

I'll say this though, even if gas prices go up, with a lot of companies still reeling from COVID and a lot of people working remotely, there won't be as much of a demand for gas because people aren't driving as much.
    Which is why I don't understand how they will raise prices.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Because the supply is down and the cost will be higher as we get it from half way around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Terp is right with regards on the unknown of the demand side of the curve. By and large people not commuting are middle to upper class workers with remote capabilities so in all likelihood this would be an increase in transportation costs for the lower wage workers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    The day of Biden taking office. Amazon sent him a letter saying they could help distribute the vaccine with there drivers

The day Biden took office, cuomo said the lockdowns are not helping and they need to be lifted

97% of people that test for the virus don’t have it
    90% of those that test positive don’t show symptoms
    Of the remaining 10%. Only 3% have bad reaction to the virus
    Yeah, Bezos has such a big heart, now. Last week he couldn't care less that people were dying cause they weren't vaccinated. Now he's all in. Bezo's is only interested in delivering power to the democrats, not vaccines. These people make me want to puke.

The day Biden took office CNN took down the death count total they've been running. Suddenly deaths don't count anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    The day Biden took office CNN took down the death count total they've been running. Suddenly deaths don't count anymore.
    Make no mistake about it, I don't even watch CNN, but browsing channels they do eventually pop up. And I know for damn sure that like last week or so I saw them putting up covid numbers & talking deaths. So they do still seem to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    Terp is right with regards on the unknown of the demand side of the curve. By and large people not commuting are middle to upper class workers with remote capabilities so in all likelihood this would be an increase in transportation costs for the lower wage workers.
    Add home energy and heating oil costs and many are facing a severe costs of living increase. All goods will increase in price as transportation costs increase.

The 15 dollar min wage doesn't help people who's expenses will outweigh it

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Add home energy and heating oil costs and many are facing a severe costs of living increase. All goods will increase in price as transportation costs increase.

The 15 dollar min wage doesn't help people who's expenses will outweigh it
    $15 minimum wage helps ONLY unions. The people looking for minimum wage jobs get HURT most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk