Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: $5 a Gallon Gas

Re: $5 a Gallon Gas

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Liberals are naturally negative. Everything they do,or push, is doom and gloom. And it can never be proven or mis proven. Because they always use hyperbole
    LOL! This is a hilariously ironic post.

Blog Entries

Mining the lithium required to make the lithium batteries for electric cars and “green” buildings is incredibly INCREDIBLY harmful to the environment. WAY more so than petroleum.

It’s also not as efficient.

Solar isn’t efficient.

Wind turbines aren’t efficient either and are also incredibly expensive to manufacture.

The only real option for an alternative is nuclear and nobody wants to go there because of events like Fukushima and Chernobyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Mining the lithium required to make the lithium batteries for electric cars and “green” buildings is incredibly INCREDIBLY harmful to the environment. WAY more so than petroleum.

Solar isn’t efficient.

Wind turbines aren’t efficient either and are also incredibly expensive to manufacture.

The only real option for an alternative is nuclear and nobody wants to go there because of events like Fukushima and Chernobyl.

I agree 100 Wicked. I just don’t see a reason ( besides greed) to increase oil flow into the US. I don’t see a need to start drilling in our National Parks. I don’t see a need to drill more offshore wells.

We are a country without limits. The wealthy will never be wealthy enough.

If fuel prices are more than manageable at the production levels we have now ....why change? Why drill more? Why do we need a bypass, high speed line ?

Solar isn’t efficient.

Wind isn’t that bad in terms of efficiency, particularly compared to anything else except Nuclear. Nuclear should be a bigger part of the solution.

We just need to convince someone somewhere to store the spent fuel rods for the 10,000years needed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Wind isn’t that bad in terms of efficiency, particularly compared to anything else except Nuclear. Nuclear should be a bigger part of the solution.

We just need to convince someone somewhere to store the spent fuel rods for the 10,000years needed.
    Wind turbines aren’t efficient because it’s not always windy. Same with solar - if it’s not sunny, the panels aren’t efficient.

Nuclear is the only realistic option that could provide the same or better energy efficiency as we currently use.

Honestly, if you look at carbon statistics for the last year, the global carbon footprint dropped like 10-15% because everyone was locked down or working from home.

Here is a thought, if the gubberment was interested in meaningful solutions, offer businesses a tax break for moving towards a primarily remote business model - this is something that would be especially meaningful for hubs like DC, Northern Virginia, New York City, Atlanta, LA, Dallas, etc.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Wind turbines aren’t efficient because it’s not always windy. Same with solar - if it’s not sunny, the panels aren’t efficient.

Nuclear is the only realistic option that could provide the same or better energy efficiency as we currently use.

Honestly, if you look at carbon statistics for the last year, the global carbon footprint dropped like 10-15% because everyone was locked down or working from home.

Here is a thought, if the gubberment was interested in meaningful solutions, offer businesses a tax break for moving towards a primarily remote business model - this is something that would be especially meaningful for hubs like DC, Northern Virginia, New York City, Atlanta, LA, Dallas, etc.

Wind is good but I agree in it not always being windy. Some areas, it’s almost always windy and thus good.

Prefer nuclear plus pumped hydro storage. Then you can run wind & solar straight into storage or use as required.

Working from home is already cheaper for companies. Extra incentives aren’t needed.

Blog Entries

Thermal energy or turbines spun from gases the earth omits is a possibility. Magnets is another.

However none of those are a real option for cars, planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Yup. Every day. $3 a gallon. I’ve also invested in my ride so I get 23-25 mpg empty on the highway.

If you wanna drive a gas hog, drive it. I won’t ever have a Prius. Not buying a Tesla Truck. When gas was $4 a gallon did you walk? Drive a bike? No. You paid $4. It’s Capitalism at its finest. Supply and demand. Except our Gov controls the supply. Open the reserves. Let the refineries work 3 shifts like the men and women working there want. Hell here’s a novel idea ...lower the tax on gas! Lots of options. None involve destroying more forest. Or Indian res

And these are things that the environmentalists want to stop. You notice the title of the thread is 5 dollar gas. Dont try to blame the cosT increase on capitalism, thats bullshit. Blame over regulation on made up scare scenarios. And a made up cause. We are not going to fix the climate.

Blah3, I started this to call attention to the new exec order Biden signed. I agree with you. This was a regulation that was made up on scare scenarios. At that point I had not heard about the 11,000 jobs that were lost and how Canada was pissed. I am sorry I did not put more info in it but I did not know that this many people are pissed off like me. Again I am sorry for not doing a better job putting this out there. Take care.

Frozen wind turbines contribute to rolling power blackouts across Texas
    By Ralph Ellis, Alisha Ebrahimji, Kelsie Smith and Amanda Jackson, CNN

CNN) Some of the warmest places in Texas, where rolling power outages are occurring across the chilly state, are inside cars and trucks parked in the driveway of a home without electricity.

Chey Louis of Irving told CNN his family in Grand Prairie had planned a small socially distanced gathering to celebrate his younger brother's birthday.

But instead of celebrating, they have spent the day trying to stay warm. "They have been in the car all day with the heater on," he said. "The inside of their home has dropped below 40 degrees."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...day/index.html

Good thing we are going green and to more environmentally friendly energy under the Biden administration

If a candidate were to campaign on the mass spread of Nuclear energy I wouldn’t care one iota what other positions (s)he held, (s)he would get my vote. Nuclear is the ONLY long term answer. Supplementing with Hydro. Wind and Solar are useless for anything above a niche level. Good for a space station, not so much for a city.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If a candidate were to campaign on the mass spread of Nuclear energy I wouldn’t care one iota what other positions (s)he held, (s)he would get my vote. Nuclear is the ONLY long term answer. Supplementing with Hydro. Wind and Solar are useless for anything above a niche level. Good for a space station, not so much for a city.

I actual agree 100%. Nuclear is the best solution long term for power.