Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $5 a Gallon Gas

Re: $5 a Gallon Gas

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The stats are the stats. Safer snd cheaper. You can act like trucking it all over North America is safer, but its not. Shipping it from overseas because artificially making it more expensive, not safer either.
    But hey lets make Russia and middle east countries richer cause we tell ourselves lies that make us seem morally superior
    I notice you avoided my question. Would you want it in your yard? Would you want this pipeline under your drinking water? Would you want your kids/grandkids playing next to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know the “Capitalist “ idea behind buying OPEC oil? Use theirs up so they have to buy ours. Simple really. Except that neither us nor our great grand kids will ever realize this premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You know the “Capitalist “ idea behind buying OPEC oil? Use theirs up so they have to buy ours. Simple really. Except that neither us nor our great grand kids will ever realize this premise.

That was the thinking back in the day when we thought we would run out. Technology has changed that ‘fact’,

Its am artificial question. We build pipelines where there is not major infrastructure. And thr dangers you are trying to portray are way overblown. I reject that premise.
    You are making false claims to justify a bad idea
    Last edited by blah3; 01-24-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Between Canada and our own wells/reserves ...we have enough oil to last North America until the Sun Explodes! There are 2 major pipelines bringing Tarsands oil here already. Why do we need 3? No kinda pipeline is “safe” for the environment unless it’s water. The Sioux Indians have been fighting this line since Bush. It puts their main fresh water source in jeopardy when it crosses the Missouri River near their reservation. But those Americans don’t count. The thousands of miles of National Forrest that will be destroyed to install this line don’t count. Wow. I guess you buy Evian water and only eat out so you get plenty of GMO in your diet.

Along those ideas...since pipelines are Sooo safe ..I guess you’d be cool if the Fed bought/ took half your yard to run an oil or Natural gas line through?

Lol For real though. To be fair of course those Americans that you mention don't matter. At least not even remotely as much as those from say Bismarck. As when they complained about having that shit near their living areas, they were appeased & listened to, but those Americans that you alluded to up above were ignored, bullied & threatened Heh heh On that note, I'll let you come up to your own theories & assumptions as to why that is? LOL Like you said though, let's run it through some of these folks backyard & see how lax that they are about the environment or the thoughts on how safe it all is.

I notice you avoided my question. Would you want it in your yard? Would you want this pipeline under your drinking water? Would you want your kids/grandkids playing next to it?

Good luck on that answer. Then again I wouldn't put it past you getting a disingenuous answer considering that they know it's not much of a possibility for that to happen. And it's something that them or their family call most assuredly would never have to worry about. Conversations like this remind me of when Michael Moore went out to all the pro-war types asking them if they were willing or okay with sending and/or signing their kids up for those wars. And not surprisingly watching him & his questions get ignored on met with hostility. It's always okay until you have some skin in the game or might have to pay the price it seems. Lol

Its am artificial question. We build pipelines where there is not major infrastructure. And thr dangers you are trying to portray are way overblown. I reject that premise.
    Yeah. And drilling in the Gulf is safe. Just ask the crew of Deep Water Horizon. Ask the Gulf coast fishermen.

Ask the Eskimos along the OG pipeline how the leaks have ruined hunting and fishing grounds.

Odd that the US Gov pays the Inuits to use the land in Alaska for a pipeline but down here ...f it. Just take it.

Blog Entries

Yeah. And drilling in the Gulf is safe. Just ask the crew of Deep Water Horizon. Ask the Gulf coast fishermen.

Ask the Eskimos along the OG pipeline how the leaks have ruined hunting and fishing grounds.

Odd that the US Gov pays the Inuits to use the land in Alaska for a pipeline but down here ...f it. Just take it.

So I take it you’re not driving a diesel truck these days?

Liberals are naturally negative. Everything they do,or push, is doom and gloom. And it can never be proven or mis proven. Because they always use hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So I take it you’re not driving a diesel truck these days?
    Yup. Every day. $3 a gallon. I’ve also invested in my ride so I get 23-25 mpg empty on the highway.

If you wanna drive a gas hog, drive it. I won’t ever have a Prius. Not buying a Tesla Truck. When gas was $4 a gallon did you walk? Drive a bike? No. You paid $4. It’s Capitalism at its finest. Supply and demand. Except our Gov controls the supply. Open the reserves. Let the refineries work 3 shifts like the men and women working there want. Hell here’s a novel idea ...lower the tax on gas! Lots of options. None involve destroying more forest. Or Indian res

Blog Entries

Yup. Every day. $3 a gallon. I’ve also invested in my ride so I get 23-25 mpg empty on the highway.

If you wanna drive a gas hog, drive it. I won’t ever have a Prius. Not buying a Tesla Truck. When gas was $4 a gallon did you walk? Drive a bike? No. You paid $4. It’s Capitalism at its finest. Supply and demand. Except our Gov controls the supply. Open the reserves. Let the refineries work 3 shifts like the men and women working there want. Hell here’s a novel idea ...lower the tax on gas! Lots of options. None involve destroying more forest. Or Indian res

So you benefit from the environmental killing pipeline, unsafe deep sea drilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Liberals are naturally negative. Everything they do,or push, is doom and gloom. And it can never be proven or mis proven. Because they always use hyperbole
    Ok Mr “Bad ass Conservative “. Same question. Me and Big Oil wanna put a 36” steel pipeline through your back yard. I’ll gladly give you some small check for your land. Oh and then I’m running the same line under Loch Raven reservoir to the inner harbor so I can ship my oil over seas.

Sound good to you?