Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

1. Re: Flacco

It all fell apart for Joe Flacco & the Ravens offense once Gary Kubiak/Rick Dennison decided to leave for Denver. He was our most competent offense coordinator, maybe in the history of this franchise, and you could tell it was all coming together. Beating the Steelers at Heinz Field in the Playoffs was great. First time we had ever done that.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Re: Flacco

Not to derail this thread, but would be interested in your thoughts of Kenny Anderson's inclusion in the HOF. He apparently has better stats than Marino (the other "elite" QB that never held the Silver Betty). My passionate "Bengal-Boy" Brother-in law knows his football and has a point. Thoughts?
    Last edited by TheOrioleWay; 01-23-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but would be interested in your thoughts of Kenny Anderson's inclusion in the HOF. He apparently has better stats than Marino (the other "elite" QB that never held the Silver Betty). My passionate "Bengal-Boy" Brother-in law know his football and has a point. Thoughts?
    In what world does he have better stats than Marino? It's not even close.. Marino threw for 5000 yards LONG before it was even a thing to throw for 5000. It was unheard of. Comparing Ken Anderson to Marino is a knee slapper if I ever seen one.

Not to derail this thread, but would be interested in your thoughts of Kenny Anderson's inclusion in the HOF. He apparently has better stats than Marino (the other "elite" QB that never held the Silver Betty). My passionate "Bengal-Boy" Brother-in law know his football and has a point. Thoughts?
    What? Their stats aren’t even in the same atmosphere.

If Marino could have just pulled out one super bowl he would be the greatest QB of all time. Unfortunately he couldn’t get one so he doesn’t get mentioned in GOAT convos, but if we talking numbers and throwing ability I’d take Marino over every QB in history, even Montana.

Ken Anderson is the best eligible QB not in the Hall of Fame, but Dan Marino is well beyond that bar. If you want to compare Anderson to a HOF QB with no title try Dan Fouts.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...A/AndeKe00.htm
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...F/FoutDa00.htm

Fouts had more volume, Anderson better rate stats (except for Y/A).
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 01-23-2021 at 04:55 AM.

6. Re: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    He never made an all-pro team or a pro bowl. He is not getting inducted into the HOF.
    Yup, I was going to reply with something similar, since those are in fact requirements among all of the other countless criteria included as parameters in order to be inducted. Thus, that eliminates any potential debate right then & there! I know he turned down at least one Pro Bowl opportunity. However, he was obviously never going to get the national electors' love for All Pro — even if he had ever deserved such a nod at any point in time, which he never did, quite frankly. That is not even intended as a slight; there were merely too many other outstanding QBs putting up flashy numbers / gaudy stats on a consistent basis during the era of Flacco's prime years. Hence, he really never had a chance, to be blatantly, bluntly & brutally honest about any possible HOF hopes.
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 01-23-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    He never made an all-pro team or a pro bowl. He is not getting inducted into the HOF.
    Are you even eligible for any of those awards playing for the Bengals

Joe is definitely a prime candidate for the Ravens Ring of Honor. I’ll always be a fan of his , but he ain’t going to Canton. Russell Street for Joe.

9. Re: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Noelsea1 View Post
    Joe is definitely a prime candidate for the Ravens Ring of Honor. I’ll always be a fan of his , but he ain’t going to Canton. Russell Street for Joe.
    Nope, and he is in fact prohibitively limited / restricted from making it, regardless if people sit here debating until blue in the face whether he was good enough or not! After all, in order to achieve HOF status, it is mandatory that a player must have at least one Pro Bowl & one All-Pro on his résumé, respectively. Joe does not have either . . . end of story!

It seems as if many fans are unaware of that required criteria for some reason, or perhaps they know yet have simply forgotten that Flacco never received either necessary honor — let alone both. Some folks (not you) really do need to take the time to educate themselves on how the NFL HOF selection process actually works. The video linked below is very helpful for those who would like to learn more:

Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 01-23-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    Nope, and he actually cannot, whether we all sit here debating whether he was good enough or not! In order to achieve HOF status, it is mandatory that a player must have at least one Pro Bowl & one All-Pro on his résumé, respectively. Joe does not have either . . . end of story!

It seems as if many fans are unaware of that required criteria for some reason, or perhaps they know yet have simply forgotten that Flacco never received either necessary honor — let alone both. Some folks (not you) really do need to take the time to educate themselves on how the NFL HOF selection process actually works. The video linked below is very helpful for those who would like to learn more:
    I think we all know he's not going in, just something to talk about on a football board. He's trending because it's the conference championship weekend and he had one of the best in history

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

11. Re: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think we all know he's not going in, just something to talk about on a football board. He's trending because it's the conference championship weekend and he had one of the best in history
    Hey, I'm as nostalgic as the next guy, no doubt! I mean as a fanatic, I sure do miss bearing a confident swagger that my favorite football franchise is practically guaranteed to always win at least one game whenever making it into the postseason! Certainly, it is fun to talk about things even as theoretical / hypothetical scenarios.

On the other hand, I still find that at times it is helpful to provide facts in case some may not have been previously knowledgeable about particular minutiae, specifically in reference to HOF criteria. Admittedly, that was applicable to myself many moons ago, thus I just figured it could perhaps be of assistance to share & spread some wisdom.

I was going to start a separate thread for this, but this one seems appropriate:

My Bengals fan Brother in law, who's a knowledgeable NFL fan, thinks Joe has a good chance of being inducted into the HOF. My first inclination is no, however he says Joe deserves it due to his stellar post-season performances.

Thoughts?
    Biggest Flacco fan on here.

No. He needed to win a second ring.

He was never the best at his position when he played (manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady) all were and he just needed one more ring.

That being said, same reasons Ryan, Stafford, rivers should never be in