Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What was your first concert?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I really can't remember my first actual concert, but I'm pretty sure it was Aerosmith and Kiss, possibly the Allman Brothers or Atlanta Rhythm Section(?) I used to work at Painters Mill Music Fair when I was in school and got to see so many acts that I can't for sure remember the order they were in. Two of my fondest memories from there are playing touch football w/Mickey Rooney and his crew between shows. They did a matinee show in addition to an evening one and we all had time to kill. I remember showing off my GTO to him and he flat out loved it. The other was meeting and spending a bit of time w/the Temptations. They were the coolest and nicest bunch of guys I met in the few years I worked there. To this day, I still listen to their music once in awhile (and still love it). The actual concerts I remember the most, simply because I saw them so many times was Aerosmith. I wish I could say they were "cool and nice", but honestly, they were a bunch of pricks. Even way back then. In addition to them, I remember seeing such acts as Yul Brenner, Carrol Channing, Robert Goulet. There were so many, it's tough to remember them all. But, I'll never ever forget those two memories, especially.
    Wow, I forgot all about Painter's Mill but yep, they were all pretty good seats. I can't even remember the groups I saw there. One of more recent shows I went to was the Blue Collar Comedy tour at the Royal Farms Arena (the old Civic Center) with Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the cable Guy. My BIL got us free tickets. That show was hilarious. Remember, Larry the cable Guy used to be on the radio station 98 Rock before anyone had ever heard of him.

2. Re: What was your first concert?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    What years did you work there?
    I loved Painters Mill and seeing concerts there.
    Little rinky dink facility but every seat was a good seat.
    I saw quite a few concerts there.
    Well....lemme think. I worked there in Junior and Senior High and after graduating, I went back for a summer, so that would have been around 70-75 maybe? I worked the concession stand (and outside grounds maintenance) and either the "performers" came out to get their food and drinks (or sent their "people"), but more often, I had to take stuff to them. Most of them didn't want to mingle w/us common folk.

Maybe some of you may be on this film that was done at the Capital Center 1986. Some of it is pretty funny.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

I really can't remember my first actual concert, but I'm pretty sure it was Aerosmith and Kiss, possibly the Allman Brothers or Atlanta Rhythm Section(?) I used to work at Painters Mill Music Fair when I was in school and got to see so many acts that I can't for sure remember the order they were in. Two of my fondest memories from there are playing touch football w/Mickey Rooney and his crew between shows. They did a matinee show in addition to an evening one and we all had time to kill. I remember showing off my GTO to him and he flat out loved it. The other was meeting and spending a bit of time w/the Temptations. They were the coolest and nicest bunch of guys I met in the few years I worked there. To this day, I still listen to their music once in awhile (and still love it). The actual concerts I remember the most, simply because I saw them so many times was Aerosmith. I wish I could say they were "cool and nice", but honestly, they were a bunch of pricks. Even way back then. In addition to them, I remember seeing such acts as Yul Brenner, Carrol Channing, Robert Goulet. There were so many, it's tough to remember them all. But, I'll never ever forget those two memories, especially.
    We were fortunate to have met The Temptations (not the original lineup, of course), a few years ago. Our daughter was performing in Branson, MO. and her show choir opened for them. They are great guys and I got some good pics of them posing with her.
    Last edited by TheOrioleWay; 01-26-2021 at 08:38 PM.

5. Re: What was your first concert?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    We were fortunate to have met The Temptations (not the original lineup, of course), a few years ago. Our daughter was performing in Branson, MO. and her show choir opened for them. They are great guys and I got some good pics of the posing with her.
    Wow. That must have been cool. I can't ever say enough good things about the group that I met. They (IMO) had every reason to be all full of themselves, even then, but were the exact opposite of what some would expect. Some of the coolest dudes I've ever met. Ok....now I need to go put on some of their stuff. I know once I get started, I'll have it on for the next few hours.
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 01-25-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Judas Priest and Megadeth - Painkiller/Rust in Peace tour at the War Memorial in Syracuse in '90.

7. Re: What was your first concert?

What year GTO? I had a 66 convertible. Dark Blue with white top and interior. Had the 389, tri power, 4 speed. Loved that car. Wound up totaling it up by Loch Raven reservoir one weekend. To much beer and more balls than brains....
    Last edited by FloridaBasedFan; 01-26-2021 at 10:31 PM.

Blog Entries

One of the best concerts I've been to was a Def Leppard/Heart concert about 5 or so years ago in Hershey PA. Both groups sounded great. I've seen Def Leppard probably about 5 times. One of my wife's favorite groups. We've seen them with Journey, Bryan Adams, Foreigner, and REO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    totaled it

What year GTO? I had a 66 convertible. Dark Blue with white top and interior. Had the 389, tri power, 4 speed. Loved that car. Wound up totaling it up by Loch Raven reservoir one weekend. To much beer and more balls than brains....
    My first car was a 69 Pontiac Custom, which had the same body style as the Lemans/GTO. I paid about $150 for it cause it needed a new bumper and some minor body work. Mechanically, it was in great shape. My ex-GF's dad was a mechanic and found it for me and check it out. It had a 350 (not the 396) motor with auto trans and bench seats. I bought a used GTO hood and had it painted. Al told, it only cost me a total of $500. Looked great and could really fly. Loved that car. My favorite car of all time was either the 69 GTO Judge or the 69 Charger. I wish I had either. 69 was a great year for cars. Road Runner, Barracuda, Challenger, Coronet R/T, Camaro, Chevelle SS, Nova, Firebird, Olds 442, Trans AM, AMC Javelin/AMX they were all great looking muscle cars.

10. Re: What was your first concert?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    My first car was a 69 Pontiac Custom, which had the same body style as the Lemans/GTO. I paid about $150 for it cause it needed a new bumper and some minor body work. Mechanically, it was in great shape. My ex-GF's dad was a mechanic and found it for me and check it out. It had a 350 (not the 396) motor with auto trans and bench seats. I bought a used GTO hood and had it painted. Al told, it only cost me a total of $500. Looked great and could really fly. Loved that car. My favorite car of all time was either the 69 GTO Judge or the 69 Charger. I wish I had either. 69 was a great year for cars. Road Runner, Barracuda, Challenger, Coronet R/T, Camaro, Chevelle SS, Nova, Firebird, Olds 442, Trans AM, AMC Javelin/AMX they were all great looking muscle cars.
    69 was a great year. 70 wasnt bad either. The great thing about them was they were so easy to work on compared to todays models. Seems Ive had one of the muscle cars around for the better part of my life. My mental health time is spent restoring them. I get one, do it over, drive it for a while then sell it and get another. At present i have a 71 Cuda thats almost done and a 71 Roadrunner sitting under a tarp ready to start. Its a great hobby that brings back alot of good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    69 was a great year. 70 wasnt bad either. The great thing about them was they were so easy to work on compared to todays models. Seems Ive had one of the muscle cars around for the better part of my life. My mental health time is spent restoring them. I get one, do it over, drive it for a while then sell it and get another. At present i have a 71 Cuda thats almost done and a 71 Roadrunner sitting under a tarp ready to start. Its a great hobby that brings back alot of good memories.
    That’s dedication. Those old Mopars are hard to find parts for. The Heavy Chevys and Fords are easy breezy to get stuff for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Some orchestra concert in the Evansville Indiana area when I was like 3 in the late 80s. My mom was having such a hard time getting me to watch we left at intermission.

First rock concert was System of a Down and the Mars Volta at the Meadowlands in 2005 I think. Tailgated with my friend's older brother in the parking lot, and got a first hand intro to beer goggles as the girl a couple rows down went from pretty cute to weird looking over the course of the concert.

Mars Volta was awful live, but soad more than made up for it. This was just after hypnotize and mesmerize had come out. Also learned to recognize the scent of weed during the Mars Volta's set.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Guess technically speaking I did see Bruce Springsteen prior to this at Shea stadium (I think. Pretty sure it was before citi field) with my parents and sister. Soad was the first one I got tickets for myself though

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk