Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

What was your first concert?

Football's over (at least our guys). Really tired of politics and Covid chat.......I know it's important, but getting to overkill.

So post here about your first concert; I remember mine vividly:

The Guess Who at Cole Field House at U of Md. Around 1970. Friend of mine had tickets for $4 each.

We got there and I thought he had said we were going to see The WHO, so was mildly disappointed, but a good show anyway. Warm-up band was "Ballin' Jack", they said their name described their personal life.

Guess Who did a great show, then it ended. Asked my friend why they never played their big hit "No Time"; he said "it's the encore", and sure enough, right on cue, they came back and played it.

Icing on the cake at the show was this very hot coed sitting in front of me. I was pretty young and had never seen anyone making out. She & her boyfriend were sucking face for most of the show.

Guess Who is a very underrated band that gets very little airplay on the classic rock stations.

Re: What was your first concert?

Van Halen at the Capital Center in Landover, MD - May 1980

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

The Rolling Stones in Philly way back in '81. Hell of an experience for a first concert.

Blog Entries

July 4th, 2000 - Summer Sanitarium tour at M&T (then PSINet) w/ System of a Down, Powerman 5000, Kid Rock, Korn, and Metallica. A cool thing about this is the entire show was covered live by and broadcast on MTV so there is lots of video to remember it by even though it was well before the cell phone age. You want to talk about a hell of a concert to be your first. Imagine being a 14 year old never been to a live show in the middle of this:

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Dam. Y’all are old

Ha.

My first was 83 or 84. Capital center. RUSH. grace under pressure tour

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Van Halen at the Capital Center in Landover, MD - May 1980
    That was 3rd album, I believe. Awesome show; you got to see them in their prime.

I save all my ticket stubs and VH is 2nd to Rush in most concerts attended. Seen them every tour since '80.

I wasn't there, but during one of their early tours in Cincinnati, Eddie showed up at this concert bar downtown. The guitarist of the band playing (didn't know EVH was in the house), was trying to cover Eddie's solos and apparently doing a piss poor job.

After a while, he sees Eddie watching with a smirk on his face and absolutely melted!

Aerosmith Back in the Saddle tour 84 Merriweather

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Dam. Y’all are old

Ha.

My first was 83 or 84. Capital center. RUSH. grace under pressure tour
    LOL.

I tell this to my grade school son all the time.

Some orchestra concert in the Evansville Indiana area when I was like 3 in the late 80s. My mom was having such a hard time getting me to watch we left at intermission.

First rock concert was System of a Down and the Mars Volta at the Meadowlands in 2005 I think. Tailgated with my friend's older brother in the parking lot, and got a first hand intro to beer goggles as the girl a couple rows down went from pretty cute to weird looking over the course of the concert.

Mars Volta was awful live, but soad more than made up for it. This was just after hypnotize and mesmerize had come out. Also learned to recognize the scent of weed during the Mars Volta's set.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

The Kinks - Cap Center - Jan 82
    The Who - Cap Center - Sep 82

Green day American idiot, Tampa 2005ish.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

What was your first concert?

U2- the Joshua Tree tour, Carrier Dome in Syracuse 1987

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare